Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland
View Poll Results: Motorola 710 or LG 535?
Motorola v710!
46.15%
LG 535!
53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Telus phones

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Telus phones

Hey I found out from Telus I'm getting $300 towards a new phone when my contract is renewed. I've been waiting forever for the LG535 (slider) but they're not giving a release date, and my contract is due to expire soon, leaving me at the mercy of the Telus billing department. The Motorola v710 is out, and looks pretty nice, so I'm asking people....should I keep waiting for the 535, which will be out "in early 2005" or simply grab the 710 and be done with it? The phones are comparable in size and featureset, the 710 does have Bluetooth while the 535 doesn't. 535 is a slider though....nice.....so yeah what do you guys think?
Oh and please don't post "You should go to Rogers/Bell/Fido" cause I have a great custom phone number with Telus, plus IMO those other three companies are garbage service with pretty phones.

LG 535

Motorola v710

Last edited by TeLLy; 01-19-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2005
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
I say wait for the LG 535, thats a sick phone.

You know my vote!
Old 01-19-2005
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
come to London and buy it off me

Old 01-19-2005
MIR
~Your Favourite CiViC GiRL~

MIR is an unknown quantity at this point
the motorola looks sexy yet of course i happen to be a fan of flipp phones so its biased...i was jus in at telus today causr my contract expires in a few months too and i donno i gotta pay 50$ just for a base flip camera LG but its still nice...yet compared to the motorola i would have to pay like 150 for it doesnt compare in sparkliness...the 535 ur talking about doesnt look that great then again a slide phone i suppose is cool, but r they really new r u sure nothings gonna go wrong with them? all u gotta do i suppose is think about cost and everything! good luck!
Old 01-19-2005
MIR
~Your Favourite CiViC GiRL~

MIR is an unknown quantity at this point
P.S. I have been thinking about switching service just to get better prices but im not sure...right now i pay about $37 or 38 a month and that is 200 minutes and caller ID..in other words it would be 33 or 34 without call id...i feel like im getting rooked for the amount of minutes...anyone have any advice?
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

Civic2001Silver is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say to go with the Motorola v710 as my buddy has it and its a sick phone. Another advantage of this phone over the LG is that it has bluetooth which the LG doesn't and I feel that is a big thing to think about. Hope this helps you out.
Old 01-19-2005
Registered!!

flip114 is an unknown quantity at this point
The 710 is a really good phone, but the 535 slider looks alot better IMO
Old 01-19-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I just did some reading - the 710's bluetooth is crippled severely by Telus! Dammit, I'd have to hack the fuqqer....well, just more for me to think about...
Old 01-20-2005
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
hacking is a joke to do on the v710
Old 01-20-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

True.....but I already have an LG cable.....get me a 710 cable for free and I'll come to London to do bizness with you....FREE business, ha ha.
Old 01-20-2005
MmmMMm.. I smell boost!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

joski will become famous soon enough
Oh my... It wasn't too long ago when B was offering to perform oral sex on me if I referred at least 5 of my friends to him to switch from Rogers and now FREE "business" to Telly?!
I... I... I don't even wanna know!
Old 01-20-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

OK I've got till mid-march to pick up a new phone and get a rebate on it....so I think I shall wait for a while. If by March 10 there's no 535 release date announced I'll grab the 710 or whatever comparable phone is out by then.
Old 01-20-2005
Bush fu(king party,mother fu(king hand job.

Teh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to all
i'm diggin the Motorola. I have a severe hate for LG.. bah. i work for Cingular and if i have to troubleshoot ANYTHING on another damned LG i think ima puke.
i just got me a Nokia 3620. It's the biggest phone i've ever had and i love it. It's a lot harder for me to lose than my previous phones...
Old 01-31-2005
fuk tha man!

djspot is an unknown quantity at this point
Telly what the hell... $300...my contract is due this summer...I thought they only give you $150...well thats what the chick at the telus store told me...but she was a trainee, I think she thinks, I was talking just about the 3 year contract sign up = $150 off the phone....
Old 01-31-2005
fuk tha man!

oh and Telly...off topic...but where did u get your vinyl for your trunk setup??? and how much is that **** by the metre???
Old 01-31-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Hey djspot. Reason I'm getting $300 is that I've been with Telus since they were Clearnet, and my monthly plans are high-dollar. My brother is getting $150 because his plan is cheaper and he hasn't been on as long.

My vinyl came from FabricLand, and I think for just the vinyl I spent less than 50 bucks. That got me enough to do my whole trunk plus extra for all my fuqqups during upholstery AND I have a little left for some miscellaneous redness...
Old 01-31-2005
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
donbelilbitch...

telus sucks up here in ottawa...bell is the only way to go. I've been around (like your mother) the cellphone companies, and the only one that somewhat satisfies me is bell.

then again, I'm sure the coverage is better in TO...but in ottawa, clearnet sucks.
Old 01-31-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Originally Posted by tekgnosis
donbelilbitch...

telus sucks up here in ottawa...bell is the only way to go. I've been around (like your mother) the cellphone companies, and the only one that somewhat satisfies me is bell.

then again, I'm sure the coverage is better in TO...but in ottawa, clearnet sucks.
That better not have been directed at MY mom.

Round here Telus is the best IMO - I have reception even down to the 1st underground parking level at my condo, where my gf's Bell fone and my friend's Rogers phone died. As well I find my Telus phone getting reception in high-density areas where the other two companies drop off a bit. Don't get me started on Rogers customer service, and I'm trying to help my gf get out of a contract with Bell, cause their billing is erratic and the reps we have been talking to on the phone (all the way up to management) are either ignorant, untrained, rude, or incompetent. The big thing that made me decide to stay with Telus was the fact that they actually had someone call me on several occasions when my bill was way over and we worked out a better plan for me. Bell never did this for me, and again forget Rogers for customer service.
Old 01-31-2005
fuk tha man!

I have to agree wit my man Telly...Telus I feel is by far the best...the prices maybe a little bit more then the other companies, which is what people complain about...but honestly for literally 5 dollars more a month I dont mind concidering they always help, and call back when they dont have an answer for your question...they've had a Tech call me back when they solved the problem...

I remember driving about 4 hours out of Toronto to the middle of a lake and forest and I had full digital reception....

its the best in my opinion...
Old 01-31-2005
Registered!!

damion is an unknown quantity at this point
As far I know, The LG535 comes out at the end of Feb.
Eveything is ready but the Telus is holding back saying some program problem blah blah.
I know this because I work at LG....
Old 02-01-2005
BIG
Registered!!

why not get the LG FastTAP, Telly? Don't you think its kind of a calling for you......you being a FastTAPPER and all
Old 02-01-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

I don't want the fastap. I want the 535. Give it to me! Gimme gimme!
Old 02-01-2005
Bush fu(king party,mother fu(king hand job.

Teh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to all
i wanted the fasttap....then i realized its CDMA and that ended that. makes me sad. would have been perfect for me and my text msging addiction. ah well. i did actually beat my record for sent msg's this past bill cycle tho... 1227. woot.