Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Switching vehcles during a lease

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chohouston is an unknown quantity at this point
Switching vehcles during a lease

Was wondering if any dealership would do this if you stayed with the same dealership....like if ur in a lease and want to say get an acura now, would they do this for you or r they strict in keeping your lease...

If a customer wants to upgrade i dont see how they would lose any business ending the lease early and picking up a new one from the same dealership...

anybody working at a honda/acura? or has anyone experineced any of this?

thanks
Old 11-02-2004
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
the only reason why I see it not working is becuase you're switching dealerships. They probably have things restricted due to things like commission and tracking, but sure man, try it.
Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

chohouston is an unknown quantity at this point
no i want to stay with the same dealership, just want to upgrade my civic maybe to a tsx or something
Old 11-04-2004
Registered!!

1fynegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
It really depends if you're leasing throught the dealership or through honda canada..i ended the lease of my civic one year early, i had to pay the difference from the buyout amount$ and what the car really was worth..that was because i leased it through honda canada..

i worked at the dealership too, they really couldn't do much..but if you leased through the dealship, i'm sure they can do something for you..
Old 11-04-2004
Registered!!

jer2k is an unknown quantity at this point
You can probably get out of your lease easily if you plan to lease a car that costs more money. If i was a dealer and you had a low $$ civic lease and wanted to lease a more expensive car I would probably waive any cancellation fees and get you in a more expensive car.

JD
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

aequitas will become famous soon enough
i went to my honda dealership to find out what i could do... im leased for just over a year now with honda canada... just was exploring some options... i was told that it is possible...but you will get the best deal after 2 years into the lease...this being that if you decide to switch cars..you have to buyout the current car..and that value tends to be high.. he said best to wait 2 years and then see what is available... the only thing he said that would be an added benefit if u went with honda or acura..is that you would get instant approval (pending your good with ur current car payments) since both are taken care of by honda canada finance.
Old 11-09-2004
Registered!!

Nascency is an unknown quantity at this point
That's interesting. When my family was shopping around, they were also considering the EL... Acura was particularly keen on informing us that they weren't Honda =P (even though we all know it is).

Of course, North Toronto Acura (Steeles+Yonge) seems to have a reputation for being pushy and having bad service...

But anyhow, leases seem to be the more flexible aspect of car ownership, particularly because dealers are in essence making more money anyway (vs actually selling a car). If you've reduced the value of the car, they'll charge you extra.
From experience, dealers like to keep customers hooked onto their lease plans. An acquaintance who hates hassle, went into Ford Canada and stated he wanted a new car/lease, and that he was willing to sign on that day provided that he was given a good deal. They ended up waiving a couple of thousand dollars for extra kilometrage.
My cousin was also saying how he first stated that he was looking to buy a (second-hand) car on that day, and then gave his conditions (what he was looking for, price). He ended up saving about three thousand.
The conclusion might be that if you show that you're really willing to close a deal, there'll be room for interesting negotiations.

---