Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

CF hood look good on a Black car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nitehawk is an unknown quantity at this point
CF hood look good on a Black car?

What do you guys think about Carbon Fibre Hoods on Black cars. I was thinking about it but still unsure if it would look good on my car. I think it looks great on Silver but I just dont know about black?
Old 06-14-2004
<--That really is ME

vicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah... it flows well... SHU has one.... and its sweet!!!
Old 06-14-2004
Registered!!

pr4life36 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it looks ugly, i have a black coupe and was thinking the same thing but after seeing some pics i changed my mind. but it depends on the person, some like it some dont.
Old 06-14-2004
Registered!!

APRboy is on a distinguished road
It will look sic! It's carbon fiber for crying out loud, it can't look bad at all!
Old 06-15-2004
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
it should look good.. but b/c it's on a black car... it wont be noticed as a cf hood sometimes.... depending on the type you get.

but any other colour car, i'd definitely say yes......

..unless, you get a two toned colour cf hood.
white and black maybe?? that'll stand out on a black car.

i was thinking of getting white/black cf hood on my car
Old 06-15-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
i ask the same thing in a post before.... i think its nasty.. looks horrible.. if i had a red,white, blue, orange car .. its looks great.. i think black cannot pull it of..
Old 06-15-2004
Mr. Clean

Changu-San can only hope to improve
People have their own taste. For me, however, I think its a nice flow. When it comes to carbon fiber hoods, however, you're not limited to just black. My friend owns a red Supra and he has a red carbon fiber hood on it.
Old 06-15-2004
Registered!!

O1Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if I have weird taste or what... but whenever I see a car with CF hood, it makes it look like you got a junkyard hood! You know, those shitboxes with different colour body panels...

All CF hoods should be colour matched, IMO... Ferrari does it, 2004 Corvettes do it...

And therefor, I think black CF hood is best suited for a black car!
Old 06-15-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Hey nitehawk, you may want to invest in a carbon-kevlar hood instead, like Aznsaint suggested. I dunno what accents you use in your car, but if I had a black coupe (and one day that integra will be mine) with red accents, then a black/red carbon kevlar hood would be oh-so-sweet.
01Coupe does have a point though, if you have a black hood on a white car for example, when passing on the street you dunno if he picked it up from a junker or it's actual c/f...so I would paint at least some of it.

Old 06-15-2004
Shu
Registered!!

Shu is an unknown quantity at this point
As VicLX said, I have one and I love it...doesn't stand out so much, nice and subtle, but when people look closer, they notice the difference. I get a lot of double takes from people passing by

Also depends a lot on what you want to do your car...if you're going for more of a subtle look, I would say yes to CF on black...if you want something that stands out more then get the one Telly/Aznsaint suggest...
Old 06-15-2004
<--That really is ME

vicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
i think PPL are just used to having the contrast to show it of; for example..yellow car with CF or red car or white ect.
Old 07-22-2004
Registered!!

SeeGirLDrifT is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TeLLy
Hey nitehawk, you may want to invest in a carbon-kevlar hood instead, like Aznsaint suggested. I dunno what accents you use in your car, but if I had a black coupe (and one day that integra will be mine) with red accents, then a black/red carbon kevlar hood would be oh-so-sweet.
01Coupe does have a point though, if you have a black hood on a white car for example, when passing on the street you dunno if he picked it up from a junker or it's actual c/f...so I would paint at least some of it.

Word..
Old 07-23-2004
Ninja Crew

Premium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nicePremium Plus is just really nice
what exactly does a cf hood do other then look different? does it just take a load of weight off the car, adding a little boost in speed?

personally im not a big fan of the way they look either...i agree with 01Coupe..they look like just mismatched hoods.
Old 07-23-2004
Shu
Registered!!

Premium Plus: You're right in a way...the only function I can think of is the weight savings compared to stock. In my case I saved about 15 lbs...which by itself is not significant, but with additional weight removal can add up to a quicker/better balanced car.

But yeah, I think it's more of a fashion thing...like all the amazing tuner cars from Japan have them: therefore, it's cool to have them on on your own car...like 3 piece wheels or aluminum wings that would serve no "real" purpose on a daily driven car.
Old 07-23-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
maybe if you do that thing with the silver you were mentioning at DKN? Idk haha. Either way, I want one too!
Old 07-28-2004
Registered!!

1fynegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a black car and a carbon hood and i luv it!
Old 07-28-2004
Registered!!

GuSTo is an unknown quantity at this point
alexis?!? i can't believe you actually posted!!
Old 07-28-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GuSTo
alexis?!? i can't believe you actually posted!!
was thinking the same thing...she's one of the oldest "New Members" on the site...haha
Old 07-28-2004
Shu
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 1fynegirl
I have a black car and a carbon hood and i luv it!
You must be that Black Civic with the flowers on the side right? I'm the one who came up to you at Driftnation and asked about your spoiler...dunno if you remember...

Anyways, love your ride, yay for black cars with CF hoods!
Old 07-28-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Originally Posted by Shu
You must be that Black Civic with the flowers on the side right? I'm the one who came up to you at Driftnation and asked about your spoiler...dunno if you remember...

Anyways, love your ride, yay for black cars with CF hoods!
that's her...they're Cherry Blossoms..

Old 07-28-2004
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
I think CF Hood looks the best on a black car
Old 07-28-2004
Registered!!

FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
I actually saw an older gen black Integra the other day coming from the opposite direction on a sunny day, and I was like, WTF is that fugly hood... As the hood passed near my front fender (opposite direction), I finally figured out it was CF!

The CF may look sweet on a black car up front, but from farther away, it looks like ***.... At least the black/grey carbon fibre weave... Maybe a black/other colour weave may be better?

Once again, I'll note to everyone the dangers of CF, besides the mad attraction of hotties with bewbies and thieves to your car..... From what I hear (I'm not chemist or car shop dude, so correct me if I'm wrong), the composition of carbon fibre, what makes it strong, it that it's made up of little "fish hook" looking things at the microscopic level. So, should you get into an accident, and that CF hood cracks up, the occupants of the car (including you), and the people trying to save your ***, like the cop/fireman, are in dire danger. Those things get stuck in your lungs, and you start to bleed. You end up dying from drowning in your own blood

That's what I heard at least...

Last edited by FurBall; 07-30-2004 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

GuSTo is an unknown quantity at this point
note to self....
"make sure i don't get my CF hood in my lungs"

j/k...they are REALLY strong...i've seen CF hoods with little to no damage after a front end collision
Old 07-29-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Furball is right about the CF being deadly though. You HAVE to wear a mask when working with it. If those little hooks get in your lungs, you will hemorrhage.
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

izmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really nice
Does anybody have good pics of a CF hood on a black car? Preferably a front shot of the car so I can actually see it. I don't think I've ever seen a CF hood on a black car...
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by izmaxx
Does anybody have good pics of a CF hood on a black car? Preferably a front shot of the car so I can actually see it. I don't think I've ever seen a CF hood on a black car...
dang dude...check out members ride!! You'll see plenty of them
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

izmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really nice
I was referring to how I never see them in real life around here...but yeah I'll check out the members rides sometime...
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

1llmatic will become famous soon enough
carbon fiber looks pimp on any colour car.

but again its personal preferance.

carbon kevlar is even more pimp...there's a 7thgen coupe in the states that is completely carbon kevlar.
Old 07-29-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Originally Posted by 1llmatic

carbon kevlar is even more pimp...there's a 7thgen coupe in the states that is completely carbon kevlar.

OH wasn't that one shown on one of those 2ner shows? I think the company that built it parted it out. It was pretty cool!
Old 07-30-2004
Registered!!

FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
For a real strong CF hood, you'd need the hood framing underneath it... The cheaper CF hoods dont' have the underlying "bone" structure... I'd think they're more prone to crack in an accident, etc.... (Based on assumptions of course, I have nothing on the car that's CF )
---

Carbon Kevlar????

Do tell....

I've seen "coloured" CF things where the checkered look is black + other colour (versus standard black + grey weaving).....

Carbon Kevlar??? That sounds friggen expensive, and bullet proof! What about weight?

Originally Posted by 1llmatic

Last edited by FurBall; 07-30-2004 at 10:24 AM.

Quick Reply: CF hood look good on a Black car?