Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Help I need advise on 1st ticket. PLease b4 monday

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeSt DrIvE is an unknown quantity at this point
Help I need advise on 1st ticket. PLease b4 monday

Okay so I got my first ticket, Im a very carefull driver but I was speeding, I admit, near the vic park train station, that big long hill. Anways, He already reduced my speed thing, so its now 85, in a 50, MY question is I am really new to Toronto, and have heard horror stories about insurance rate for those with tickets, that is my absolute main concern, Therefore I need to dispute this ticket, thing is it says on the back of the ticket, Option 1. Plead Guilty with explanation and number 2 is Trial and Option. Which one do I take? THe cop said if I take it to court they may reduce the penalty, but I am confused by the options on the back of the ticket, I am guilty but want the fine reduced???

HELP ADVISE, ANYTHING.
Old 12-20-2003
Registered!!

Bluelle is an unknown quantity at this point
choose option 2.....adn go to x copper for a lawyer......

xcopper.com
Old 12-20-2003
Registered!!

Leafs is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a ticket in September and I called up the courthouse to set up a first-attendance meeting. Basically, it's a session with the prosecutor and you try to settle the ticket. i.e reduce fine or whatever... If we can't agree on something then, then I still have the option to arrange a court date for the judge to settle... all this is so i'm told from the lady I spoke with at the courthouse...

X-Copper could get costly, but if thats what you need to do, by all means...

If you're not really sure which option to choose, you can call up the courthouse, and they'll explain each option... they were really nice about it to me
Old 12-20-2003
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Leafs
I got a ticket in September and I called up the courthouse to set up a first-attendance meeting. Basically, it's a session with the prosecutor and you try to settle the ticket. i.e reduce fine or whatever... If we can't agree on something then, then I still have the option to arrange a court date for the judge to settle... all this is so i'm told from the lady I spoke with at the courthouse...

X-Copper could get costly, but if thats what you need to do, by all means...

If you're not really sure which option to choose, you can call up the courthouse, and they'll explain each option... they were really nice about it to me

I have a courtdate set already. do you think i can still set a first attendance meeting with the prosecutor? and give an explaination to him/her first?
Old 12-20-2003
Registered!!

TeSt DrIvE is an unknown quantity at this point
So How about setting a trial and also having the possibility of having a prosecutor meeting? **** I cant believe I was speeding that was so dumb!!!
Old 12-21-2003
Registered!!

Leafs is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by AznSaint
I have a courtdate set already. do you think i can still set a first attendance meeting with the prosecutor? and give an explaination to him/her first?
honestly, I have no idea... But my friend told me that when he showed up for his court-date, a prosecutor asked the general audience in the court if they wanted to settle it with the prosecutor.. (I'm thinking there were lots of trials on that day)... Either way, I heard that if you see the officer there on your court date, you can talk to them and you can still go up to the prosecutor to settle it without the trial... Don't take my word for it.. this is just as I was told