Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

UPDATE*** Help.. #@$#@$# Insurance Cancelled!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBP2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry UPDATE*** Help.. #@$#@$# Insurance Cancelled!

K, In september, I missed a payment for my insurance inadverdantly (i was short 20 bucks in the account).... The company (ING Halifax) took the money out the next day.... and I thought it was all good... Earlier this month, I noticed They didnt take the payment for October... and few days later I received a letter saying our insurance was terminated, per "regulations".... so I make the call to our insurance agent.. he tells me it's because we missed a payment... and tells me now I have to pay $8000 a year instead of $5000... what the **** am I supposed to do, ****ing $8000 per year? to drive a $20k car? Mind you, I dont have a single accident on record... not even a damn parking ticket....

what the ****.. I'm so ****ing pissed off.

Am I a high-risk driver, just because I missed a payment? this is bullshit.

recommend any other insurance companies?

ING Halifax

UPDATE***
k, the insurance agent just called my pops, and told him, hey I'll let your son off the hook for 408/month, and cancel the 'cancellation'... that's almost 50 dollars off previous payment.... I dunno if I should take it... this guy's been screwing me over for so long, yet my family has been with this guy and ING for 7+yrs, my dad thought it's a bad idea for me to switch.... until he got pissed along with me after he asked $8000 from us and we basically told him to **** off

Last edited by EBP2K2; 10-30-2003 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2003
SLIPSTREAM R

Dartheo is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought that u should be able to go back to your company and just pay full payment(ask ur agent if this is possible)... but if not then all that u can do is call around... places that i kno to have good rates for young ppl are Statefarm and Allstate... Just call around...

Or u can try to put someone else as primary driver... that would put it down a hell of alot...

Sry... i kno this wont help much... but thats all i can think of... lol

good luck...
Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
That sucks man. At least I had fun getting my High Risk insurance.....
Old 10-27-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
That's crap. My insurance company pulls from my account every month. I asked them "what happens if my account is NSF?". They said "we try again in 3 days. if it's still not there, then we call you. No hassle the first time".
Good luck dude.
Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
Sounds like you have a pretty nice INS company Telly
Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

Sunapollo is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn that's totally rip off !! but I heard many cases similar to yours already ... anyone out there regulates them at all ???

try Statefarm ... they give good price for young dudes !
Old 10-28-2003
Registered!!

Hachiman is an unknown quantity at this point
Was that the first time you missed a payment?
Old 10-28-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Hachiman
Was that the first time you missed a payment?
yeah, and it wasnt even my fault. it was bank's fault. some glitch with the system.. bank even apologized for that. but i'm screwed anyway.
Old 10-28-2003
Registered!!

That's weird man. I'm insured w/ the same company. I missed a payment once because my broker "forgot" to tell me about some admin fee when I got a new car. So I called and gave them hell, and that corrected it. I just had to pay the month I missed and the next months together. ING even payed for my NSF fee's. They knew it was there fault though, but even still they advised me that if I miss one more payment my insurance will get cancelled.
Old 10-28-2003
Honda > Nissan

xian is on a distinguished road
Forget about missing the payment, you were paying $5000 before?!? Holy, **** thats nuts!!!
Old 10-28-2003
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
ING f*ed my family over.. so we boogied to a new company for the past year... having a non payment on your record can screw you up if you plan on leaving to another company,.,.
Old 10-28-2003
Registered!!

NoSpleeny is an unknown quantity at this point
Allstate can lick the sweat off my *** hairs when it comes to cheap rates for young people.
Statefarm usually refuses new clients if you're under 25.

HB Group is very good. This is the company I use right now.
Scottish and York is also very good.

Check them both out.
Old 10-29-2003
Registered!!

MSoft is an unknown quantity at this point
You must be paying $5000 for a reason, accident? Anyway, they can really screw you over because of the missed payment, since it is by law necessary to have insurance to drive. You really should pay insurance annually or bi-annually to avoid problems like this.

Try other companies, TD has cheap insurance too, and if you are university student, the school can often refer a company (I know UofT does, at least).
Old 10-29-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by MSoft
You must be paying $5000 for a reason, accident? Anyway, they can really screw you over because of the missed payment, since it is by law necessary to have insurance to drive. You really should pay insurance annually or bi-annually to avoid problems like this.

Try other companies, TD has cheap insurance too, and if you are university student, the school can often refer a company (I know UofT does, at least).
reason? hm, how bout being under 25, driving a 2 door coupe, in Toronto.

those were the reason given at the time... I know i've been overpaying, despite the outrageous fee. Asking $8000 just blew me up...

I dont think I should be paying more than 1800 per year.

with the amount I'm paying for car+ insurance, I could be driving a BMW or Benz. lease:

Last edited by EBP2K2; 10-29-2003 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-29-2003
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by EBP2K2
reason? hm, how bout being under 25, driving a 2 door coupe, in Toronto.

those were the reason given at the time... I know i've been overpaying, despite the outrageous fee. Asking $8000 just blew me up...

I dont think I should be paying more than 1800 per year.

with the amount I'm paying for car+ insurance, I could be driving a BMW or Benz. lease:

DAMN RIGHT! We all should be driving a BMW or Benz for those rates... its the idiot young drivers who spoil it for us, responsible young drivers
Old 10-29-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Macko
DAMN RIGHT! We all should be driving a BMW or Benz for those rates... its the idiot young drivers who spoil it for us, responsible young drivers
yeah, as much as I hate the gouging insurance companies and their cronies (agents), I place just as much blame on those ****s who make false claims and drive like idiots, especially those punks who street race in civic..

there, I think I let out a little there lease:
Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

lounge_8180 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont understand, im with the same company now too!! my insurance got cancelled three months ago because of two speeding tickets both over 30 km/h over the speed limit. my last insurance company chared me 360 a month and thats with a 10 % discount. when i switch to ING they qouted me 460-490 sumthin, but when i recieved my insurance information two days ago they are only going to chare me 392 a month. hmmm.... im puzzled too that they cancelled ur insurance with that bullshit.
Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by lounge_8180
i dont understand, im with the same company now too!! my insurance got cancelled three months ago because of two speeding tickets both over 30 km/h over the speed limit. my last insurance company chared me 360 a month and thats with a 10 % discount. when i switch to ING they qouted me 460-490 sumthin, but when i recieved my insurance information two days ago they are only going to chare me 392 a month. hmmm.... im puzzled too that they cancelled ur insurance with that bullshit.
with car payment plus $8000 insurance, ****, I could be rolling in a Lexus SC with another insurance company... ooh, wait, how about BMW 5... M3, NSX, Boxster, 350Z, etc etc... this is why we need PUBLIC AUTO INSURANCE... I'm almost wishing NDP won the election (since they promised public auto insurance)....

I feel sorry for sunfire drivers too, they get *** raped in insurance too. and their car is cheaper.

I'm going to try Statefarm, in Kingston... I was quoted 1700 few months ago.... I hope that offer still stands...
Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

riceboi is an unknown quantity at this point
$5000 is insane. i'm 23 w/ 2DR Coupe and i'm payin $3000.. and i thought 3K was already a lot.
Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

UPDATE*

k, the insurance agent just called my pops, and told him, hey I'll let your son off the hook for 408/month, and cancel the 'cancellation'... that's almost 50 dollars off previous payment.... I dunno if I should take it... this guy's been screwing me over for so long, yet my family has been with this guy and ING for 7+yrs, my dad thought it's a bad idea for me to switch... until he got pissed along with me after he asked $8000 from us and we basically told him to **** off

wtf... I think I'm going to call Statefarm tomorrow, I dont want to pay $5000 again.

maybe these insurance ****s are getting hungry, now that Liberals froze the rate.

Last edited by EBP2K2; 10-30-2003 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

Sunapollo is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah just change the ins !!!
Old 10-30-2003
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
408 a month is cheaper then your previous payments.... 5000/per year.

but 408 a month is still hella high for a clean *** record.

have you tried asking other insurance companies yet though? asking for quotes.. '

always try avoid answering "which insurance company were you with?"
Old 10-31-2003
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
dang dude.. thats alot of flow to shell out.
but i think state farm has a policy against modded cars just to let u know. *cant lower it*
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

EL-Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to be with ING a few years ago, but told them where to go when they sent in my renewal after I turned 25 and had a clean record, and the bastards decided to raise my rates. IMO, shop around, I found many places way cheaper than those crooks at ING.
Old 11-01-2003
Registered!!

scsGrumPyDriveR is an unknown quantity at this point
You KNOW you should get the insurance from a Broker instead.
I dealt directly with a couple of insurance companies and they offer me ridiculous prices. Customer Service is also pretty horrible.

It's easier through a broker since they usually find me the lowest price and if there's a problem, i just call them up and they'll fix it for me.
Old 11-06-2003
Registered!!

Check Rate Alert

Even with your current insurace rates you can get qoutes from 30 different insurance companies. Best place to shop around for rates.
Old 11-06-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I'm gonna go there when I get my (inevitably) higher quote for renewal.
Old 11-06-2003
Registered!!

FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
www.kanetix.com usually gives me ballpark figures on insurance rates, and I also learn more about the OPCF codes....

The "Waiver of Depreciation" saved my *** on my civic.... If your car is totalled within the first 24 months of owning a new car, you get the RECEIPT price of your car, no depreciation BS...
Old 11-07-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

I've got that too...
Old 11-07-2003
Registered!!

engrish.com so totally rocks dude!

Quick Reply: UPDATE*** Help.. #@$#@$# Insurance Cancelled!