Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

Does Anyone Have a Helm's ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light
Does Anyone Have a Helm's ??

Hello,

Does Anyone have a helm's Manual I can Borrow??

I live in Conowingo MD 21918
I work in Bear DE 19702
I'm in Bel-Air MD 21014 often

I'm willing to drive..

Anyway, Can anyone lend me thiers for a Couple Days ??

BTW . . . There $68 from HELM's if anyone is wondering. . .

yes i know this is a ghetto request, and i'm poor, please spare me

Thanks
Old 05-19-2003
Smell My Face!!

Distinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant future
hmnnn someone has to have one.....but i dont
Old 05-19-2003
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
I don't have one but i'm curious, what do you need done? I'm sure someone here can help...
Old 05-19-2003
Registered!!

4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light4jacks is a glorious beacon of light
The Helms manual, gives a really good DIY on most common problems and regular mainteance.

In my Case, I reached 30,000 miles and want to
1) Bleed the Brake Lines
2) Change the Manual transmission fluid
3) Change the Micron Filters.

That's all recommended at that miliage

Dealer Charges
1)83.10
2)159.10
3)88

Cost if I perform those
1) $3.33 per Quart X 3 quarts ($9.99)
2) $4.43 per Quart x 3 quarts ($13.29)
3) $40

So you see, i'm learning how to do all this, to save the money, If I do the above, every 30,000 miles, for my car, and my wifes, the savings add up really quickly =)

Also the Helms manual is far better than the Chilton or Haynes you can get at Pep Boys for $20

Heck now that I said all that, I might just buy the dumb book !
Old 05-20-2003
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
I did a search on 'bleeding brakes'.. quite a few things popped up. try browsing some of those topics, it might be helpful
Old 05-20-2003
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
Bleeding the brakes is to be done when you get air into the lines. Changing the entire system of its brake fluid is only required at 36 months. This is due to the fluid taking in condensation. Past that it does not necessarily need to be replaced.

Changing the transmission fluid is not done until 120,000 miles or 72 months. That is in both AT and MT.

PM me with your email address and I will send you the pages for the dust and pollen filter replacement.
Old 05-22-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by rickinthescv
Bleeding the brakes is to be done when you get air into the lines. Changing the entire system of its brake fluid is only required at 36 months. This is due to the fluid taking in condensation. Past that it does not necessarily need to be replaced.

Changing the transmission fluid is not done until 120,000 miles or 72 months. That is in both AT and MT.

PM me with your email address and I will send you the pages for the dust and pollen filter replacement.
rick,

Thanks, I found the micron filter in the owners manual
Super simple... the dealership told me, I had to take the whole dash apart.

The brakes I'm uncertain on When / how I'm going do them, if you have pages on them,
I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm at 1 1/2 years now 30,000 miles, I may wait till 2 years or 45,000 miles, i'm not certain yet

The trans fluid is recommend at 120,000 or 72 months for "NORMAL" driving conditions. For "SEVERE" driving conditions, it's recommended at 60,000. I think i'm somewhere inbetween the two honestly, but I may replace that now anyway. I wanna take really good care of this car, i need it to run a long time. I guy named Bear helped me out with that though! I found the bolt I need, so the rest is just like changing the oil.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2003
Registered!!

odie is an unknown quantity at this point
for the procedures you listed, the cheaper chilton is actually better.

helms is more detail than you need, unless you are rebuilding
components and stuff.