Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

what a coincidence, I ran into Speedracer32 at work

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003
Mex
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
what a coincidence, I ran into Speedracer32 at work

ok, so I'm a manager at a movie theatre in Alexandria. earlier today (yesterday) I was installing some subs in my friends car. well I got into talking about cars with another employee and figured it'd be neat to show her some pics of the install I did. at the time, I had just gotten in my order of Chinese food, so I was rushing out to my car to get the digicam so my food wouldn't get cold. well as I go to open my car door, i hear this sweet exhaust, and I look up, and see what i think to be a dark colored mustang with rims and a drop, but about 1/4 of my mind was telling me it was a 7th gen. it was 9pm at the time and all i could make out was the blur of the headlights/taillights in the distant parking lot. I brushed it off.. pff, what are the chances of seeing a 7th gen this sweet. I studied harder. I noticed a white decal on the window.. perfect size to say "7thgencivic.com". then I checked the headlights.. yep, immediately i knew who it was. I tried running out to the street to stop him, but didn't get there in time. so i go back to my car and catch up with him just as he's walking up to the theatre. so we're like hey hey, sup. I go back in, hand them tickets for Identity, and we go our seperate ways

** INTERMISSION **

now, here's what REALLY sucks. where do I start.. ok, before i gave him the tickets i was saying how nice of a theatre this was, with presentation quality and all. I am the projection manager there, so I insure all the prints and projectors are cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. so he goes into the theatre like "yeaaahh, this'll be the best presentation ever!" well bah that morning, the person who was opening hurt his shoulder, and they sent up one of the operation coordinators to run the projectors until someone else came in that had projection training. this particular guy hasn't worked with projectors for about 5 months. well I come in, and when i first see him, i notice he's threading a movie incorrectly (which happens to be the movie Speedracer32 went to see later in the day). I set things straight, he said he got confused. well i'm going around checking presentations throughout the day making sure he didn't damage any prints. I didn't notice anything wrong. the only movie I didnt check was the one I saw him thread when I first came in (because i already corrected his mistake). well, sure enough, the show before that one he ran the film wrong and it scratched the print so there's 2 black lines going down the screen for a majority of the film. and this, after I told Speedracer32 how great our presentations are. damn, if only you came a day earlier. at least the movie was free, lol.

I'm curious though, how bad did you notice the scratch marcus? did the seats make it better?
Old 05-01-2003
Cat

Cat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to behold
That sucks.

Hoffmans (is that the name..I forget) is a nice theater. Hook a sista up, Mex. lease:
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

ssmshortie will become famous soon enough
lol that does suck
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

Speedracer32 is an unknown quantity at this point
wasn't that bad
couldn't say i noticed
i was too busy with the young lady i was with

for the record, that is the real soon to be misses

the one i bought to the meet n Virginia was just a friend from work and school incase you were wondering
i'm not a "pimp" or "playa"
i like females and females like me..and my car

thanx again MEX
that made me look good.( the unexpected hook-up) And to think we would never know each other if it wasn't for the cars. I'll probably bring her to the next meet thou so she can meet the rest of the gang.

Last edited by Speedracer32; 05-01-2003 at 04:11 PM.