Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

Mid Atlantic Meet..

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006
Eddie is so hot. *sigh* I want him......BAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant future
Mid Atlantic Meet..

Just wondering if anyone is going to plan a Mid Atlantic meet this year? I heard some rumors about it being in NJ but wasnt sure..
Old 02-01-2006
Banned

LowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to all
I've been wondering the same thing.... its my first year with the vic, itd be cool to meet some of you guys
Old 02-01-2006
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
I heard that same rumor dawn. Like AC or something i think dan told me.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

04trinicivic is an unknown quantity at this point
hope it doesnt suck like the last one
Old 02-02-2006

dawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant future
I think it was too far South last time.. but i think since we have a bunch of people in PA and NJ.. it will be a lot better.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by dawn01civ
I think it was too far South last time.. but i think since we have a bunch of people in PA and NJ.. it will be a lot better.
AC area sounds good buy me!
Old 02-02-2006
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
I agree Dawn.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
Edit: updates for the meet...

Date is set for: July 22, 2006

Who is attending: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=86

original post:
HAHA! i was JUST gonna post something about this. thanks dawwwwwn!

yes, i did mention something to eddie. and some people from the last M-A meet have said that AC would be fun and they'd come up.

i will help plan the meet, but i will not do this alone. simply because i dont live close enough to AC to plan it, and because i dont have that much free time with work and everything. but i will definitely help out and do what i can.

so...i guess the main thing to start with is getting the word around and scoping out the hotel options. i think to make things easier for everyone, we should maybe nix the BBQ idea and just go somewhere to eat. i mean, i like having a BBQ and all, but that just ends up leading to a bunch of people sitting around not really doing anything.

if were in AC, theres plenty to do, like hit up the beach...theres a boardwalk...gambling for anyone that wants to i guess...clubs at night.

anyway...lets get the ball roling. who is interested in being on the "planning committee"??

Last edited by pbfoot; 03-06-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-02-2006
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 04trinicivic
hope it doesnt suck like the last one
Well Ronne, I'm sorry that the one last year wasn't good enough for you.

I had to plan and prep for the M-A meet last year, all by myself. AceKicker (Curt) was going/supposed to help me plan the thing. We had one meeting about it and I neve heard back from him about it. I tried calling and emailing him for a few months, and never heard anything from him. So, since it was getting close, I only had a few months to plan. By that time, all the good spots were taken and reserved, etc.

I think I did a decent job last year, condiering I did it all by myself and basically the majority of people ate for free. I'm sorry that it wasn't what everyone had expected, but I tried my best. It looks like everybody enjoyed themselves for what we did do though.

Dan, count me in on coming. I've never been to AC and I want to check it out. It all depends on what happens with my grandpa though. I may have to end up going south, instead of north this summer.

Last edited by taz757; 02-02-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2006

Vinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of light
yo taz...introduce me to 757 area....i'm in hampton for school
Old 02-02-2006
i love my morreale

Originally Posted by pbfoot
HAHA! i was JUST gonna post something about this. thanks dawwwwwn!

yes, i did mention something to eddie. and some people from the last M-A meet have said that AC would be fun and they'd come up.

i will help plan the meet, but i will not do this alone. simply because i dont live close enough to AC to plan it, and because i dont have that much free time with work and everything. but i will definitely help out and do what i can.

so...i guess the main thing to start with is getting the word around and scoping out the hotel options. i think to make things easier for everyone, we should maybe nix the BBQ idea and just go somewhere to eat. i mean, i like having a BBQ and all, but that just ends up leading to a bunch of people sitting around not really doing anything.

if were in AC, theres plenty to do, like hit up the beach...theres a boardwalk...gambling for anyone that wants to i guess...clubs at night.

anyway...lets get the ball roling. who is interested in being on the "planning committee"??
dan i can be on the committee i live an hour away from AC.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

PHILLYCIVICROB is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeh Hopefully Near Me Next Time....
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by eddieisaricer
dan i can be on the committee i live an hour away from AC.
nice! this can turn out to be a pretty good meet. ill do some reasearch on hotels.

if anyone else wants to be a part of this, step up.

also, if anyone has ideas of what they might want to do, i mean types of things, post it up also.

mark, i had a good time. you did a great job. and its a shame most people left after the beach, because the fun went up a few levels after we got to the hotel. hehe

phillycivicrob - AC is like an hour away from philly. thats pretty close, considering i drove 8 hours to VA beach last year...and AC is like 2 hours away from me also.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by pbfoot
nice! this can turn out to be a pretty good meet. ill do some reasearch on hotels.

if anyone else wants to be a part of this, step up.

also, if anyone has ideas of what they might want to do, i mean types of things, post it up also.

mark, i had a good time. you did a great job. and its a shame most people left after the beach, because the fun went up a few levels after we got to the hotel. hehe

phillycivicrob - AC is like an hour away from philly. thats pretty close, considering i drove 8 hours to VA beach last year...and AC is like 2 hours away from me also.
I'll help out if I can.
My only question is parking our rides?
The Pa meet in the park was great,just not enough to do to keep people interested.
And not on or near Honda Day at E-towm.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
when is dis meet?
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

this year
Old 02-02-2006

Well I am glad that people are interested in another meet. If I can help out Dan let me know.. but I dont live near there. Maybe we should start thinking of a rough date.. that way we can see how much hotels cost and stuff.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

One of the biggest problems could be we have no one there! Didn't a member work there?
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by pon55
I'll help out if I can.
My only question is parking our rides?
The Pa meet in the park was great,just not enough to do to keep people interested.
And not on or near Honda Day at E-towm.
parking shouldnt be an issue. if people find parking for HIN, im sure we can find parking for at most 40 cars that would come to this meet. lol

no offense to any previous meets/organizers, but i would really like to move this meet away from a park location. not only is it a hassle to reserve a space, but there are very few things to do at a park besides a bbq. and like i mentioned before, a bbq is just a hassle for what its worth.

there is PLENTY to do in AC. theres a small amusement park on the boardwalk right by taj mahal. its calle the Steel Pier. theres rides and games and fun things to do. theres food all over the boardwalk and around town. theres the beach also.
PLENTY to do.

Originally Posted by Dawn
Well I am glad that people are interested in another meet. If I can help out Dan let me know.. but I dont live near there. Maybe we should start thinking of a rough date.. that way we can see how much hotels cost and stuff.
thanks dawn!! i might take you up on that. hehe but its probably gonna be just getting people to come out and driving up. the more the merrier. hehe

rough date. naturally, the summer. i think anytime after july 4th would be great. late july or early august would be perfect weather. june would be bad because i cant in the first half of the month, and HIN is coming to AC on june 24th, so we wouldnt want to compete with that. august 12th is honda day at englishtown, so not that weekend either.

but, we cant just set a date. we need to know when people can/want to do this.

Originally Posted by Pon55
One of the biggest problems could be we have no one there! Didn't a member work there?
well, the good thing about AC is that even if no one shows up, whoever does can still have a good time. but i think people will show because its central and its a destination spot, and theres lots to do/see.

yes, there used to be a few people from AC on here. i know one or 2 of them, they dont post anymore. ill try to get in touch with them and see whats up and if they have some sort of hookups w/ hotels or whatever.

we need to know how many people would want to stay the night in AC so that we can maybe negotiate a group discount at a hotel for that night. so let us know.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

You are the man to do this, you organizing fool!
J/K
You are right, this will be a place to do stuff and take the time to meet others!
holla if you need anything! (comming sunday?)
Old 02-02-2006
the heart can see::what the eyes cannot

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
I've never attended a mid-A meet but i'd definitely be interested in attending this one. I was in AC this past summer and there is definitely lots to do, so thats a good idea for a location

Tho if you are aiming for late July/early august i might not make it...i'll be outta the country July 28 - August 11th, so if ya want me there plan it another time! haha jk

If anyone needs any help planning i'm willing to give a hand, tho i'm not much help cuz i'm 6 hours away from AC haha
Old 02-03-2006
i love my morreale

Honda Day @ Etown is the 13th of August so that dates can't be used for the meet. I wanna be able to go there to show.
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

ok, here are my date suggestions:

can someone start a poll so people can vote on their preferred one??

July 15th
July 22th
August 19th
August 26th

either of these is fine for me...as far as i know now. the 26th might be a little tight for college folk who might have to be going back to school around that time. all are saturdays.
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=245710 here you go...go vote.
Old 02-04-2006
i love my morreale

can we have a bikini contest?
Old 02-07-2006
Ms. Moderator

SimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to all
NoLeadEmSoMuch works at a hotel in AC. I forget which one he is at though.
Old 02-07-2006
i love my morreale

we can always look for a hotel on the outskirts of AC too.
Old 02-07-2006
the heart can see::what the eyes cannot

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
when i went to AC this past summer i stayed at a place that i think was pretty cheap & nice for the price, it had big hot tub/jacuzzi things in each room, not too shabby lol...

i forget the name of it, i can ask my boyfriend if ya'll would like
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

oooh...DO IT! jacuzzi....that could be asking for trouble. LOL

but its ok...i was a lifeguard....
Old 02-07-2006
i love my morreale

Originally Posted by eddieisaricer
can we have a bikini contest?
puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeease?!

Quick Reply: Mid Atlantic Meet..