Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

wreckless driving penalty in fairfax, va?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ghostrider is an unknown quantity at this point
wreckless driving penalty in fairfax, va?

i was driving on a road going downhill to a 4way stop intersection. a driver can either stop at the stop sign or bear right. i was gonna stop but i noticed that there were a lot of cars at the intersection. so at the last minute i turned right and my tires skidded and squealled through the turn. i was doin about 10 - 15 over the speed limit. as soon as i did that i saw blue lights behind me. at that point i'm thinking, "****". the cop gave me a ticket for wreckless driving and my tint.

my question is what is gonna happen to me? are they gonna suspend my license? this is my first ticket of any sort in the past four years. should i get a lawyer or try to talk to the judge/cop the day of the trial and explain my story? is there anything i can do? i need some advice.
Old 10-10-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
that's a bs ticket. get a lawyer.
Old 10-10-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
to answer yer question, no u wont get yer license suspended(to my knowledge) cause my friend had a previous ticket but got that dropped nd got a wreckless too but only had to pay a fine and take drivers improvement again. like infinite said go get a lawyer cause its pretty much bs. nd hope u get a good judge and hope the cop doesnt show up
Old 10-10-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
lol the tires on the van i drive back and forth to school squeal like crazy going around any kind of turn. just explain to the judge that ur tires are lower quality tires. and that sometimes they squeal
Old 10-12-2005
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough
You should know never to speed in Fairfax man. ESPECIALLY in Fairfax City, and ESPECIALLY on Pickett Rd. I got 2 tickets the same week on Pickett and Chain Bridge that connects to it. 5 over is my max every time I'm in Fairfax, and my windows are all always down. I've gotten 3 window tint tickets in less than a year. Gettin kinda cold though, so I'll soon be screwed.
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
i got a wreckless too a while back.... my first ticket... i got off easy... only 6 months of a suspended license along with a class one misterminer(however you spell it) on my record for 11 years and a 8 hour defensive driving class. hey atleast i didnt have to pay any fines or do community service.....

P.S. im being sarcastic btw.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

Speedracer32 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just stay out of VA as much as possible
Fairfax cops are like at the top of the list as far as worst cops in America( in a positive way though..i guess. Just not good for car enthusiast)
I jus say what you would regularly get a ticket for in other states, the lock you up in jail overnight for...
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

micks7thgen is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i hate virgina punk *** cops. hiding behind trees on 85 in north carolina cops dont hide to catch speeders
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

Wizkid is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to tell ya, but don't even try to fight it. Your lucky you didn't get more tickets. Fairfax is the worst area in Virginia to get a ticket. What I would suggest is taking the driver improvement course before your court date, complete the course, and then show that you took the initiative to "treat the problem." 9 times out of 10, the judge will drop the fines, and you only have to pay court costs, about $56. I just recently got a ticket for running a red light. I completely admit that it was my fault, but the only way to fight is to play the system. Good luck
Old 11-29-2005
Registered!!

BigJay is an unknown quantity at this point
Fairfax....Just don't ever drive in Fairfax. I live in Loudoun and have gotten pulled over 2 times over the past two years in Loudoun, no tickets. I get pulled over 2 times in Fairfax and you guessed it. 2 tickets. A buddy of mine lost his license for a year over some petty things in Fairfax, due to a "unfair" judge. Basically any of my friends from back home that have tickets got them while driving through Fairfax.
Old 11-29-2005
Registered!!

ssmshortie will become famous soon enough
yea fairfax cops suck. when i had the civic and was working in kingstown at the lazy boy there cops just loved following me and pulling me over because my exhaust was either to big or loud grr
Old 12-08-2005
Registered!!

McHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
1. Reckess is a 6point violation, points drop off in two years
2. The charge stays on your record for 7 years (5 years for other tix)
3. If your lic is suspended IN COURT, you recieve no points.
4. For every calender year (1/1-12/31) you have no tickets, you recieve a point in your favor. You can have a max of 3 positive points.

You probably won't get a suspension in court. It's the DMV you have to worry about. You only have a few positive points on your lic.

You were speeding, right? I wouldn't use the "There were too many cars piled up at the stopsign" angle, since you were traveling too fast.

Best thing you have going for you is to try to get into the Def.Driving program before court, or if not, at least have a print out of when it is scheduled. Pretend you are an idiot, pretend you are sorry, pretend you are a scared little girl in court. Maybe you can get it reduced to something like "driving too fast for conditions" or a 10-20 over.

Did you act like a scared little girl when you got pulled over? Believe me, that helps. All the tickets (10+) I got in Fairfax Co in the late 80s might have not been as serious if I wouldn't have tried to argue with the officer.

Boy, was I dumb.