Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

install +++LONG ISLAND+++

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
install +++LONG ISLAND+++

hey guys. i ordered some springs for my 02 coupe. i was wondering if anyone on LI would wanna help me with the install.

1) i wanna learn about how to do it and just now how to do it.
2) gives me a chance to meet you guys
3) its cheaper than a shop.

i will provide pizza and beer/soda and if you request some $$$ i know some people will do it just to do but i dont expect free work. get back to me. if no one knows how to do it or anything can you at least tell me a good place to go on LI.
Old 07-25-2005
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
bump... no one knows how to install in the area willing to do it?
Old 07-26-2005
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok speedworld on sunrise HWY very good shop.
Old 07-26-2005
PWIT

alright, where? what town? phone number... something. i was really hopeing to do a DIY but im scared to do it on my own.
Old 07-26-2005
This cost me 1500 points

You need a spring compressor I dunno where mine is I just moved within the last 3 weeks to a new house.

Speed world is located

594 Sunrise Hwy Baldwin, NY
(516) 771-2525
Old 07-27-2005
PWIT

ok cool. the DIY dont have a spring compressor... ill call them up and see how much it is...
Old 07-27-2005
PWIT

im an idoit. yeah, need a spring compressor. i didnt look at all the materials.
Old 07-27-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
damn, if you lived near me id do that shyt asap.
Old 07-27-2005
PWIT

yeah your alittle to far for me to drive to lol. i got quoted from that place above $225. that sounds a bit high. he also told me not to put the camber kit on for a month atleast.
Old 07-27-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
$225 just for springs and struts? or with camber kit?
Old 07-27-2005
PWIT

no struts. stock struts. just springs and camber kit.
Old 07-27-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
hmm....I should give them a call see what they offer for springs struts and camber kit.
Old 07-28-2005
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
WOW that seems like a lot of money...Call ultima Performance in PlainView. I am not sure of their number though.
Old 07-28-2005
This cost me 1500 points

Originally Posted by civicdude
WOW that seems like a lot of money...Call ultima Performance in PlainView. I am not sure of their number though.

Whatttttttttttt Mike opened a shop there? Where is it????
Old 07-28-2005
Back From The Banned!

Ultima Performance
(516) 593-3500
www.ultimaperformance.com

is this it? website not up...........
Old 07-28-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i'd help if you were in the area.
Old 07-29-2005
PWIT

yeah thats 2 people now lol. i was in the VA area like 3-4weeks ago lol i wish someone from here knew how to do it. not really up for 225 more bucks. cause then i got to pay for a full alignment too.
Old 07-29-2005
Back From The Banned!

^^^ yeah man, I'm in the same situation... costs too much!
I got a quote from a friend's place, $180 for struts and springs, $100 more for camber kit install, and $50 for alignment somewhere down the line! crazy!
Old 07-30-2005
PWIT

can i rent a spring compressor for the day. then would people be able to help me out.
Old 07-31-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
thats a rip off.... esp cause i got my coilovers installed for 200$

anyways, yea, I would get the camber kit installed at the same time

and just make it all "work" then in a week get an alignment

btw, autozone has spring compressors
Old 07-31-2005
PWIT

yeah i can rent them from autozone right?