Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

Next Mid Atlantic Meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AceKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
Next Mid Atlantic Meet

Hey guys well I know that Taz wanted to have the next mid-atlantic meet in Virginia Beach. Well since i live there also I wanted to know if yall would mind or if taz would mind if I helped him plan the next meet. If so I was wondering when would everyone like to have the meet. I know it is kinda far off. But this would be the time to start looking into yalls calendars and setting a few days aside. So I'm wondering to start off with what month would yall like to have the next meet in. I know yall had it in July now if that is still good for everyone I'm happy with that. But if anyone knows how to get ahold of Taz. Please tell him to message me.
Old 09-13-2004
Registered!!

aznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really nice
I am down if i am still here.....VA Beach would be nice....
Old 09-13-2004
Eddie is so hot. *sigh* I want him......BAD

dawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant future
I am down for VA Beach.. Its a real nice place and lots to do after the meet if people stay. Acekicker... I sent taz the last PM you sent me so he should get in touch with you soon. Cant wait for the next meet.
Old 09-13-2004
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
to far for me to drive....
Old 09-13-2004
Registered!!

ssmshortie will become famous soon enough

You know I will come down and spend the nite with my lowered elantra gt

I've spoken with a couple north carolina friends one dude that lives in knightdale he probably will come up to the meet, maybe i'll try to talk to some other people. We probably wont have anyone from north of maryland so i figure marylnad people if this does happen i could help with directions and check points since i know the i-95 corridor and we can even think about driving rt 17 for a while off of i-295 to avoid richmond traffic.
Old 09-13-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
I just came back from Va beach a month ago. I looking foir a reason to go back. Hopefully it still be warm when this meet happens.
Old 09-13-2004
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Hawk
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm in NY and i'll be there!
Old 09-13-2004
Registered!!

Well I was going to talk to taz about it a little bit more but I would like to invite guys from the southern region. I know probably guys from North and South carolina would come. BUt for all of you northern folk. lol. coming from around the philly area. I will make this suggestion. I always drive up to Philly the fastest way I know of going is taking the route 13 to route 113 thru dover and back onto route 13 at the Virginia State line it takes me about 4 to 4.5 hours to make that drive. It miss alot of speed traps and the traffic on I95. So if any of you delaware or MD people know how to get onto route 13 south I would def take that road then 95. ALOT FASTER. and you miss all the majors cities(traffic). But the park I would like to have it at is maybe 5 mins away from the strip on the beach. There are tons of hotels on the strip. There is another park that i have in mind also with a nice size parking lot. But I will talk to taz a little more about it. There are a few speed shops around here also I will talk to a few friends and see what we can do will raffles or something. Well once I get back from my navy cruise. BUt for future reference there is alot AND I MEAN ALOT to do down here during the summer (clubs,cruising the strip,bars, putt-putt,THE BEACH) So make sure yall start saving your pennies they will add up later on. Oh and for all you single guys HELLA LOT OF WOMEN and for all you single girls HELLA LOT OF GUYS. not that i look i jsut know.
Old 09-13-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hawk

werd
Old 09-13-2004
Cat

Cat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to beholdCat is a splendid one to behold
i'd be down for that.
Old 09-13-2004
Raceway Park Track Tech.

LazyDog01 will become famous soon enoughLazyDog01 will become famous soon enough
Go nuts man...
Old 09-14-2004
Registered!!

Civic04 is an unknown quantity at this point
2 far for me
Old 09-14-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
It's over.
Old 09-14-2004
Registered!!

sounds awesome
Old 09-14-2004
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by armieo
It's over.
wow that year went by fast!!
Old 09-15-2004
Registered!!

Well for the guys that say its to far. Well I'm sorry your going to miss a good time. Me and Taz will make sure everyone will have a good time. For the people that say its to far take some vacation time and take a vacation in Virginia Beach. It is nice,fun,exciting, and jsut a hella good time. All the clubs,bars,girls,guys,and fun you could ever want. Got some nice hotels on the BEACH. We will be trying to find the best deals and some good hotels for everyone to stay at. If you aint of age to go to the club then we can go do some putt-putt for the younger folk. Crap maybe we can go cruise the strip afterwards or go on the beach and play some football. But I know me and Taz plan on making this meet a fun one.
Old 09-15-2004
Registered!!

well i know i'll be down for some putt putt, maybe i'll have someone ride with me down there if we are still together then so if you guys do go clubbing me and him can do our own thing.
Old 09-15-2004
Registered!!

Soon2BeGrlRacer will become famous soon enough
I will definetly go to Virginia beach, (I heard dolphins swim close to the shore)

Now all I have to do now is convince Alex1 to drive down there lol
Old 09-15-2004
Banned

sexcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
why VA beach? you guys are making all these meets near the MD/VA/DC area. why not go crazy and go to like massachusetts or something.....

"You know I will come down and spend the nite with my lowered elantra gt"

hmm
Old 09-15-2004
Registered!!

shut up we arent the NE we are the mid atlantic plus we've had it north every year, lol you dont even go to the mid atlantic meets so why do you even care that i go in my lowered GT????
Old 09-15-2004
Banned

hmm.. a simple "hmm" was given to one of your previous statements. i don't recall saying i cared if you go in your LOWERED Elantra GT. i just added a simple hmm.

no, i didn't go to this past midatlantic meet. you are correct on that one, but i did go to the one before that, i might go to the next one, i was just making a statement that i think we should have it somewhere near others, instead of in the VA/DC/MD area. i also recall people from NE coming to our midatlantic meet, so why have the barrier against them. i think we should have one near them or somewhere which makes us DC/VA/MD people drive a bit further, instead of having to make others drive far these past 2 years.
Old 09-15-2004
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sexcivic2k1
hmm.. a simple "hmm" was given to one of your previous statements. i don't recall saying i cared if you go in your LOWERED Elantra GT. i just added a simple hmm.

no, i didn't go to this past midatlantic meet. you are correct on that one, but i did go to the one before that, i might go to the next one, i was just making a statement that i think we should have it somewhere near others, instead of in the VA/DC/MD area. i also recall people from NE coming to our midatlantic meet, so why have the barrier against them. i think we should have one near them or somewhere which makes us DC/VA/MD people drive a bit further, instead of having to make others drive far these past 2 years.
Do you even have any clue as to where the last meet was? It was somewhere in the middle of nowhere PA. Yup. That's right. Nowhere near VA/DC/MD area.

I got my happy *** up and on the road at 630am to be in DC by 10am to meet up with Mex and ssmshortie. Then another hour drive to the MD rest stop to pick up the Rockville crew and then another few hour drive over to PA for the day. Yeah. Very long day for me. About 7 or so hours of driving, espically considering I came from Virginia Beach. I also drove to the one the year before that, and that was about a 4.5 or so hour drive for me. I've driven the past 2 years. It's my turn to host the thing.

So next year, I think we should have it south, here in Virginia Beach. There's *tons* of things to do around here for everybody, espically after the meet. There's a great place I'm thinking of having the meet that'll hold 50+ cars easily. One of the local teams (UltraSpeed) rolls *very* deep and they have meets over there easily.

After the meet we've got a place kinda down the street that's got some go karts, for all of us street racers. Right next door is a water park if people want to go cool off a bit. Down at the beach everybody goes crusing at night. It'd be nice to see 10+ 7th gens all rolling in a line. Plus, we've got "The Block", where all the clubs/bars are.

Also, since we're talking about having it here in Virginia Beach, we can invite some of the crew from the South. People from SC/NC/KY could probably come if they're up for the drive. We don't have to keep this strictly Mid-A. If the NE people wanna come, great.

Trust me. More than a few members have been here to Virginia Beach and really like the area. Hell, even one kinda wants to move down here. There will be more than plenty for everybody to do.

Ace and I will work on trying to get something planned now, and we'll really work on it when he gets back from his cruise. We're gonna make it the best meet yet. You can count on that.

Last edited by taz757; 09-15-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-15-2004
Registered!!

amen to that taz i've been talkingto a couple 7thgen guys in north carolina, at least one will be willing to come up, maybe a couple others
Old 09-15-2004
Banned

what i was refering to is that most of the meets seem near the va/dc/md area... even though that is a large area. just seems that the NY people have to drive alllllll the way down here and stuff. we should have something near them for once. isn't va beach like 2hrs from virginia? not far. don't know why it took almost 4 hours to get here. i don't care, just was giving my $.02 on how we should have it somewhere further away from dc/va/md. maybe near NY area.
Old 09-15-2004

dawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant future
We are dealing with the mid-atlantic region.. no matter where we have it.. people are going to have to drive a far distance.. and considering its a car meet, i dont see the big problem. I am looking forward to the 3 1/2 hour drive with everyone from around here. Sexcivic2k1.. stop being a ***** and suck it up.
Old 09-15-2004

what i was refering to is that most of the meets seem near the va/dc/md area... even though that is a large area. just seems that the NY people have to drive alllllll the way down here and stuff. we should have something near them for once. isn't va beach like 2hrs from virginia? not far. don't know why it took almost 4 hours to get here. i don't care, just was giving my $.02 on how we should have it somewhere further away from dc/va/md. maybe near NY area.
I'd be more than happy to drive up to NY or where ever the year after next.. if thats what everyone decides.
Old 09-15-2004

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
First off, this is the Mid Atlantic region. This isn't the Northeast. I don't really have to figure in the NY crew at all if I don't want to. Sure, it'd be nice, but not necessary. Do you really think the NE crew considers us when they schedule a meet? Secondly, we did have a meet up north for the NY/NJ crew. Only 2 or 3 people decided to suck it up and come over to PA. It was only about a 3 hour drive for them. Everybody that came to the 2nd annual "protested" this years meet. And Virginia Beach is actually in Virginia. Virginia Beach is about 20 minutes from the NC border. Right at the end of 264. It's about a 3.5 hour drive from the DC area to get down here. 95 > 295 bypass around Richmond > 64 > 264.

I have spoken with a few other members, and I think that they're are in agreement that we should consider it down here this year. Ace and I will be working on the plans over the next year to get stuff ready. I've got a few others that may be willing to help out with it too.

If the group decided to have it up around NJ/NY for the 5th annual, that's totally cool with me. I'd be willing to go. I'd probably leave Friday night and stop off in MD for the evening and then head up with everybody else from there. But then again, having it in NY kinda moves it out of the Mid-A.

map from DC to Virginia Beach:

Last edited by taz757; 09-15-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-15-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by Dawn01Civ
Sexcivic2k1.. stop being a ***** and suck it up.
damn, some noobs are starting to get very agressive on here. should give the wiser, older members a bit more respect.
Old 09-15-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by taz757
First off, this is the Mid Atlantic region. This isn't the Northeast. I don't really have to figure in the NY crew at all if I don't want to. Sure, it'd be nice, but not necessary. Do you really think the NE crew considers us when they schedule a meet? Secondly, we did have a meet up north for the NY/NJ crew. Only 2 or 3 people decided to suck it up and come over to PA. It was only about a 3 hour drive for them. Everybody that came to the 2nd annual "protested" this years meet. And Virginia Beach is actually in Virginia. Virginia Beach is about 20 minutes from the NC border. Right at the end of 264. It's about a 3.5 hour drive from the DC area to get down here. 95 > 295 bypass around Richmond > 64 > 264.

I have spoken with a few other members, and I think that they're are in agreement that we should consider it down here this year. Ace and I will be working on the plans over the next year to get stuff ready. I've got a few others that may be willing to help out with it too.

If the group decided to have it up around NJ/NY for the 5th annual, that's totally cool with me. I'd be willing to go. I'd probably leave Friday night and stop off in MD for the evening and then head up with everybody else from there. But then again, having it in NY kinda moves it out of the Mid-A.

map from DC to Virginia Beach:

i just wanted a nice long 4hr drive. dont think that'll happen, anywho, i don't think anyone in NY will step up for the planning of the meet. so all power to you. mr. taz
Old 09-15-2004

i just wanted a nice long 4hr drive. dont think that'll happen, anywho, i don't think anyone in NY will step up for the planning of the meet. so all power to you. mr. taz
Why the hell not? If I can drive 7 hours to go to PA for the meet this past year, you can man up and drive 3 and a half down here. No matter how you cut it, it's probably going to be a few hour drive to NY anyway. Stop being a puss.

Quick Reply: Next Mid Atlantic Meet