Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

Got in a bad accident last night **Updated with Pics** Reupdated

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJPark is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Got in a bad accident last night **Updated with Pics** Reupdated

I got into a bad accident last night. If anyone has seen or read like "Wacky New Jersey" or something then you have seen Wipperhill Valley Road (I think it's called) in Middletown. I went there with some friends (there were 3 cars). Got to the end and we turned around. On the way back the kid in front of me stopped. So I stopped behind him. The girl behind me must not of seen and slammed into the back of me. The whole back of the car is messed up. She must of hit me at like 25 MPH, yet neither cars airbags went off. My car then hit the kid in front of me. I had to get it towed away last night. I am hoping that everything can be fixed and that my system is all right. No one was injured, just my neck hurts today probably minor whiplash. I wish I had had my digital cam I would of taken pics. I dunno what else to say so I'm gonna stop now. Hope everyone else has a nicer holiday.

Edit*
Forgot to mention that the officer said it was completely her fault. That I was at no fault so her insurance should pay for everything. Do you think my rates will go up though even though I wasn't at fault? The cop said probably not but then again this is New Jersey so you never know...

Edit #2**
I found this link about the road Whipporwill Valley Road

Last edited by DJPark; 02-11-2004 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

ssmshortie will become famous soon enough
i dunno bout new jersy, but no ur rates wont go up since it wasnt ur fault i've had enough accidents to know that the most recent bein a rear end one from my sister haha

im glad your ok though
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

honda04civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad you are doing ok, about the rates.. depends on how NJ is and your insurance, my insurance goes up for anything.. a rock hits the windshield, got insurance to pay for it.. went up.. WTF was that all about.. but that was Louisiana Insurance too..
Old 12-22-2003
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
sorry to hear about your misfortune. i wanted to comment about why the airbags didnt deploy though; in a low speed collision, under 35mph, they will not go off because they'd end up doing more damage than good. most cars 1998 and up are equipped with tons of sensors that let the car know whether or not to deploy the airbag. that's also $1k off the repair cost *shrug*
Old 12-22-2003
207 Mod is 10-8

kyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nice
if you make a claim on your car, usually your insurance will go up.
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

I went to the shop that has the car today. They don't have an estimate yet because the insurance people move slow as hell. I took these pics there.

Pic 1
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pc220201 medium web view.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	16591  
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

Name:	pc220202 medium web view.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	16592  
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

Pic 3

I pulled out my subs and amps today while I was there. Luckally nothing was taken because they had the car just sitting out on the street. The trunk doesn't close so anyone could of come up and taken it!!

Name:	pc220204 medium web view.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	16593  
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

Here is on of the front. Since I was the middle car the front hit the car in front of me. Some paint chips but otherwise no visual damage that I can see. You can see they put my back bumper inside the car. I have another pic of that, which I will post.

Name:	pc220203 medium web view.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	16594  
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

Inside the car where the back plastic bumper piece is.

Name:	pc220207 medium web view.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	16595  
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

TonySTiX is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn sry to see that....at least the front is pretty much ok..You should get different front & rear bumpers if you like any aftermarket body kits....
Old 12-23-2003
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
Yeah man, do it up aftermarket style.

Glad that you're ok though.
Old 12-23-2003
Banned

sexcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
ouch that sucks, time for new body kit
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

ssmshortie will become famous soon enough
ouchy glad ur ok
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

How do they fix the paint? Repaint the whole car or what? Maybe I can have them make it blue or red or something. !
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

Since the front needs to be painted as well as the rear once it's fixed, the body shop will most likely repaint the whole car, which would be the smart thing to do, so find out what they had in mind....
Old 12-23-2003
I drive a jeep to compensate for my tiny pee pee

Blue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enoughBlue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enough
holy crap the back end looks ugly
i like how the tail pipe is the only thing sticking out straight
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
It doesn't look like its totalled. It's a good thing that the front isn't that bad. But good thing nobody got hurt. Accidents suck ***.
Old 12-23-2003
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
I would think that it's totalled...Look at how badly the rear bumper was bent...that looks like it went through the chassis or something to that extent.

Maybe it's just VA, though. My friend "totalled" his car and it was only damage to the engine and side of the car. Meh...

Glad you're okay though.
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

RSDCivic will become famous soon enough
same kinda accident happened with my sister cept a ford f-350 rear ended her celica... that was definitely totalled... but looks like thats fixable... accidents definitely suck glad ya'll are ok
Old 12-24-2003
Registered!!

So if the car is totaled then the girl that hit me's insurance would pay for it? They would pay for what they feel the car was worth? Or what... I brought it to a place that is supposedly the best around for them to fix. I really hope they can because I just got it in June, and I've had my license only since the end of September...
Old 12-24-2003
Registered!!

SasSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear about your accident! Glad everyone was ok, though.

About your insurance rates... they will NOT go up, regardless of the fact that you put in a claim to your insurance company. Since you have the police report to say that the accident was all her fault, your insurance company will go after her insurance company for the money. Her rates will most likely sky-rocket, but yours will not be effected. It's not the same as a rock hitting your windshield because the insurance company will have someone to go after for the money.
Old 12-24-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by TonySTiX
Since the front needs to be painted as well as the rear once it's fixed, the body shop will most likely repaint the whole car, which would be the smart thing to do, so find out what they had in mind....
That's very untrue! An insurance company will only pay to fix what needs to be fixed. If the doors, roof, hood, fenders, or quarter panel are not damaged, they will NOT pay to have them repainted. It requires a shitload more work & money than you would think.

If the car is not totaled, which it might be, the insurance company will only pay for the front & rear where the damage is to be fixed.

Trust me... I've seen cars where only one door was not damaged & the insurance company would not pay the extra money to have that one door painted to ensure that it matched the rest of the car. Luckily though, silver is a very easy color to match.
Old 12-24-2003

Boiler_Room is on a distinguished road
Glad everything is OK.

Try to get a body kit and go from there.

That's what I did when my car was hit. It's cheaper that route too!
Old 12-25-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by SasSi
That's very untrue! An insurance company will only pay to fix what needs to be fixed. If the doors, roof, hood, fenders, or quarter panel are not damaged, they will NOT pay to have them repainted. It requires a shitload more work & money than you would think.

If the car is not totaled, which it might be, the insurance company will only pay for the front & rear where the damage is to be fixed.

Trust me... I've seen cars where only one door was not damaged & the insurance company would not pay the extra money to have that one door painted to ensure that it matched the rest of the car. Luckily though, silver is a very easy color to match.
What ever price the body shop says it needs to fix a car is what an insurance company will pay.
Even though you dont have to paint the whole car in this situation its probably the best thing to do since the front and rear need work and the paint will not be an exact match with the rest of the car.
My friend and i got into a bad accident where the front was badly damaged. They fixed up the entire car all around (all dings & dents gone) and he got the whole car repainted. The body shop people are not dumb...they're gonna make a little extra here and there...so they jack up the price to fix the car so they can make extra money themselves. My point is you might as well take advantage and see if the body shop will paint the entire car...
Old 12-27-2003
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
^^^exactly. My best friends step-father owns a bodyshop in PR and that's what they do. They talk to the ppl and tell them the whole car needs to be painted and then when they bill the insurance company they only put the pieces they would pay for but jack up the price for them so as to cover their expenses. Body shops will work with you.
Old 12-27-2003
Registered!!

See... the thing is... insurance companies have gotten smart to the fact that body shops are over-writing estimates to make more money & to make the customers happy with an over-all paint job. That's why several insurance companies have their own estimators that come out to the body shop & write their own estimates. Sometimes if they're cool, they'll write for an entire paint job, but sometimes they nickel & dime and won't pay for an all over paint job. If an insurance company sends their own estimator rather than using the body shop's writer, they are less likely to throw money away on a complete paint job.

Of course it's to anyone's advantage to have their entire car painted, rather than just the damaged areas, but that doesn't always happen. Know that if the insurance company decides to pay for the entire car to be painted, and you choose to paint it another color, it will not match the door jams, trunk, or engine bay. That's an extra couple thousand dollars of R&I time that a body shop isn't going to do for free.

In my case, the shop wrote their own estimate, but the insurance company would not honor it. I had to wait a week for a writer to come out & write her own estimate, which ended up being higher than the one the shop wrote! I got lucky because the adjuster gave me everything I wanted. But I have seen $50K BMWs with one mismatched door or deck lid because an insurance company would not pay for it.

Last edited by SasSi; 12-27-2003 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-29-2003
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright, my friend had his civic totalled in NJ, a 2002 Civic EX to be exact. His insurance did go up, yet you wont get full value of the car if it's totalled. His Civic was worth $15000 yet he is only getting $9000. Also, he doesnt get all the money at once, every month he gets it. I know my insurance went up when I was hit by a bus in NY(godamn driver sideswipped me). So have a nice time with whatever you do.
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

form3hide is an unknown quantity at this point
isnt Wipperhill Valley Road supposed to be haunted, or something?
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
I know my insurance went up when I was hit by a bus in NY(godamn driver sideswipped me). So have a nice time with whatever you do.
Why even report it? lol Sometimes its better to get no one involved, unless ur car was that badly damaged....

Quick Reply: Got in a bad accident last night **Updated with Pics** Reupdated