General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

coupe vs. sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003
Prowlin' with a Purpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
well actually if ur in canada, get the acura el, that car is HOT
Old 06-12-2003
Lek
Registered!!

Lek is an unknown quantity at this point
Do what I'm gona do, buy a Mazda MX6
Old 06-12-2003
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Sedans are the shiat.....unfortunately, honda's lease deal has everyone driving one, but they take more creativity to modify...I've made it look "sportier" all show and no go, some call it "rice" but I think i've done a good job. 17" chrome wheels, OEM Kit, shaved emblems, Painted tezza's to match EBP, painted headlights, painted EBP front & rear moldings and tezza grill, OEM fogs......with these mods i think it pulls off the sporty / clean look and makes it stand out from the rest....I'm happy w/ it
Old 06-12-2003
Registered!!

JamesL is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by luvvegas777
coupe= no head rest monitors
sedan=

Screens in your cloth seats???
Old 06-12-2003
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
Look in the brochure...

A 4dr Manual is only 9 lbs heavier than a 2dr Manual... And I only weigh 132 lbs...
Old 06-12-2003
banned from avatar useage

luvvegas777 is an unknown quantity at this point
jamesl:
well i guess i should of gotten the lx-L(eather) model that everyone else has
i don't know what i was thinking getting a honda civic with cloth seats
Old 06-12-2003
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
4dr's baby REAL RS jdm style. 2dr's bleh no rs hahaha plus our 4drs look at alot more sleeper than a 2dr
Old 06-12-2003
Registered!!

MrDisco99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by dj02
4dr's baby REAL RS jdm style. 2dr's bleh no rs hahaha
What
Old 06-12-2003
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
Originally posted by MrDisco99
What
sorry about that. ok everyone likes to get the rs lip kit and the rs grill for the 2dr, but in japan there is no rs 2dr. they only make the rs in a 4dr. just putting out another reason why the 4dr is better should of made it more clear.
Old 06-12-2003
Banned by Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
Originally posted by WannaBFast
actually you pay it back with insurance, cause insuring a 2 door is more than insuring a 4 door
Correct me if I am wrong but most insurance companies do not take in account 2 or 4 doors when it comes the civic (non si). They hear civic and just think hey good car, low gas mileage, good crash test ratings.

When I got my coupe, I was talking with my insurance company and they said it does not matter if it is a 2 or 4 door it is the same price.
Old 06-12-2003
Registered!!

JamesL is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by luvvegas777
jamesl:
well i guess i should of gotten the lx-L(eather) model that everyone else has
i don't know what i was thinking getting a honda civic with cloth seats
...to each his own.

now dont get me wrong, your setup looks hot... but to me it seems like "player level" of having 4+ screens in your ride is negated by the cloth seats.

i dunno... its sorta like having some sprewells on a caddy... but no candy paint. people might look at it and say... "tight rims... but its got the plain ol flat factory paint"...

somethings just go together... leather seats and screens are definitely one of them.

edit: ...i also immediately assumed anyone who has that many screens in their car must be trying to score some points for coolness... if that is not the case, then ignore all i've said.

Last edited by JamesL; 06-12-2003 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-12-2003
Registered!!

JDMakeover is an unknown quantity at this point
they're both low 17 second cars...

if i were to get either itd be the sedan. the coupe version doesnt even exist in japan. its an american phenomenon. designed and made in america (ohio). the coupe has an awfully high rear end and not to mention these ugly ford focus sedan tail lights. the vtec is a joke in the ex. in my eyes you dont have real vtec unless you have a dohc engine.

Last edited by JDMakeover; 06-12-2003 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2003
Chicks dig my scent

civicskater is an unknown quantity at this point
good point..I personally like the sedans. Probably cuz i drive one...but i do think the 7th gen sedans look better than the 7th gen coupes. The 6th gen coupe is alright, but i just like sedan cars, Evo, WRX, SE-R specV, they rock!!!
Old 06-12-2003
Registered!!

Master J is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Master
Correct me if I am wrong but most insurance companies do not take in account 2 or 4 doors when it comes the civic (non si). They hear civic and just think hey good car, low gas mileage, good crash test ratings.

When I got my coupe, I was talking with my insurance company and they said it does not matter if it is a 2 or 4 door it is the same price.
maybe in texas it is but i can guarantee you that for the younger generation in Maryland having 2 more doors saves us some hundred dollars in insurance (not sure how many hundreds)

heh four doors is good...more girls can get in your car easier haha...personal experience..anyways...funny that u mention the se-r...thinkin about tradin my vic in for one...if i ever find a used one..*awaits rocks being thrown*

oh another thing about the sedans though..the kit they sell in asia totally owns...*sigh* those enkei's sooo nice...*dreams*
Old 06-12-2003
Registered!!

Roosbok is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by MrDisco99
See, I think they look totally different. The coupe definitely has a sportier look to it... more so than the sedan as well as previous generation Civics. Its lower circular roofline definitely helps. The sedan, on the other hand, looks like... a Volkswagen.
Actually, for the point you are at now, I would recommend the coupe. Since, you will be saving $$$ with the LX you may want to consider the SRS airbag option.

What are you thinking as far as color and when do you think you will start visiting dealers?
Old 06-13-2003
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
My 2 cars before this sedan were coupes. I sure don't miss getting out of my seat to let the rear passengers in/out.
Old 06-13-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by InanimateCarbonRod
My 2 cars before this sedan were coupes. I sure don't miss getting out of my seat to let the rear passengers in/out.
thats why i dont the passenger does.
Old 06-13-2003
Registered!!

kennisonxgs is an unknown quantity at this point
For me, while looking at the car on the side, if the rear is longer than the front, it shouldn't be a coupe. At least make a hole in that long-*** rear and make a door.

Go sedan!

No hating here...
Old 06-13-2003
Registered!!

gelshmoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Before getting my civic, I had a olds cutlass supreme coupe (big car + coupe = 2 large doors), not by choice. I used that car in college and I hated loading shtuff in the back seat because of 2 doors. That's why I got a sedan. I like it a lot.

That being said, I miss the two doors. I enjoyed rolling down the two large windows and blasting music. I've seen a lot of ppl remark about women being interested in coupes. I can see that--"Oh, let me help you out of the back..." Nice way to score gentleman points.
Old 06-13-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by InanimateCarbonRod
I like your wheels.
Old 06-13-2003
I Am The Chosen One

profurious is an unknown quantity at this point
here's my .02

if you get a coupe chances are that there will somone who's car looks like yours
if you get a sedan those chances are alot slimmer

it all depends if you want originality or availability
Old 06-13-2003
Registered!!

JDMakeover is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno, alll of them suck and run a 17 second quarter mile...pick your poison.
Old 06-13-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by JDMakeover
I dunno, alll of them suck and run a 17 second quarter mile...pick your poison.
If I wanted a drag racer, do you think I'd be buying a Civic? I really couldn't care less about quarter mile times.
Old 06-13-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by gelshmoff
That being said, I miss the two doors. I enjoyed rolling down the two large windows and blasting music. I've seen a lot of ppl remark about women being interested in coupes. I can see that--"Oh, let me help you out of the back..." Nice way to score gentleman points.
A better way would be to let her ride shotgun.
Old 06-13-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
handling between the Coupe and the sedan? Hmmm....... you have to look at the pros and cons of the 2 setups. Ill use both EX's for compairison(W/MT).

1. Weight. weight is important because the less a car weighs the less a car will have to deal with weight transfer. (Coupe Vs Sedan: Winner Coupe)

2. Weight Placement. where weight is placed in a car is just as important as how much the car weighs. Coupe 59/41, Sedan 59/41
Winner: draw. Some one needs to get the corner weights of the 2 chassis to really find if there is a signifigent difference between the two here. Look it up some time, corner weights are very important to tuning a chassis.

3.Wheel Base. Longer is more stable, shorter is more nimble. Both are 103.1 inches. winner: Draw

4. Track Track is important because a wider track allows for less weight transfer and thus is directly connected to handling. Both cars are 57.9in up front and 57.9 in the back. Winner: Draw.

Of these 4 things, the only one where the Coupe is better is in weight. so Coupe wins by 1. However, If any one does find out what the corner weighs of the 2 cars are may change the outcome (The Sedan might me better balanced then the Coupe, or it might be worse because the Sedean was designed as a Right hand drive car in Japan, where the Coupe was designed as a Left Hand Drive in the US. so the sedan might have a slightly worse corner weight Ratio then the coupe. but we wont know untill some one trys it.) This is the problem with the RSX in the us, because it was designed in Japan as a Right hand drive car, more weight was placed on the Left side to counter act the driver and balance the car, when it was brought to the US, the car was Modified to be a Left hand drive car, but the weight was not moved to the Right. so the US version is less balanced then the one in japan.

As far as look and practicality, thats a personal choice. But I got a coupe.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 06-13-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2003
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
do u really think 60lbs makes a difference?!?!?!
Old 06-13-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by WannaBFast
do u really think 60lbs makes a difference?!?!?!

It is when you'r races are mesured to .001 of a second.

Autocross and 1/4 miles are.
Old 06-13-2003
Prowlin' with a Purpose

didnt he just say he wasnt gonna drag race it?
Old 06-13-2003
Autocross Junky

If he's not going to race it then why does he car about handling between the two? If I had no intention of say autocrossing my car then I would simply choose the one that best forfills my needs. 99% of all people who drive our cars either the Coupe or Sedan will never be able to tell the difference in handling between the two, but that 1% that drive there car to its limits such as in Autocross or even track days will. Personally, I'd like to be in that 1% and I'm working tward it. I simply need more experiance.

Autocross, Out here we race with our steeringwheels.
Old 06-13-2003
Prowlin' with a Purpose

well i have a sedan with sport springs, and it does the trick, i just wish i had better brakes

Quick Reply: coupe vs. sedan?