General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.
View Poll Results: Which one? Si, Prelude, GS-R
00 Si
12.50%
98-01 Prelude Base/SH
27.50%
00-01 Integra GS-R
50.00%
Keep 01-03 Civic, wouldn't trade it in for anything!
10.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Si,Prelude, GS-R?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003
Su Mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
Si,Prelude, GS-R?!?!?!

If you were given these options which one would you take? and why?

1) If you could afford an 00 Si right now and afford payments and insurance comfortably?

2) 98-01 Prelude base or SH model, BUT, you would have to sacrifce a little more of your money/payments that you make. Insurance would also be a little higher. Means you probably have to work a little more to pay it all off. Not very comfortable overall, but still can find a way to manage it.

3) 00-01 GS-R, you could afford the payments, but insurance would be a little higher. Kind of the midpoint between the Si and Prelude.

4) keep 01-03 civic, wouldnt trade it in for anything!

Overall, those would be YOUR situations, what would you end up doing? Which one would you rather buy, and why? What would be your future plans for them? Daily driver, light modification, or heavy modification.
Feel free to post any specific mods you would do.

All these options includes your 01-03 civic being sold, or whatever you drive.
Old 05-25-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
GSR

- b18 good power
- sexy styling
- just because i like GSRs.
Old 05-25-2003
Registered!!

SuperNegro is an unknown quantity at this point
The 00 Si or GSR if you are looking for good handling, huge aftermarket support for the B series engine among other parts and all around form and function of both cars.

The 00-01 prelude if you want a nice car, smooth shifting, wonderful handling and nice interior, i would choose this if you wanted a car with a nice set of rims no cheap *** rotas, exhaust, intake and header and plan to do nothing else to the car but cruise.

01-03 civic if you enjoy bland style but good fuel economy, limited parts and swap options, and other limited amount of performance upgrades.
Old 05-25-2003
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

importz2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
GSR.......

Love the body style.
There's a ton of upgrades for them.
Awesome power. (unlike ours)
Old 05-25-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
GSR.
Old 05-25-2003
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
GSR
Old 05-25-2003
Registered!!

Weaponx12o is on a distinguished road
GSR hands down! reason: importz2k1 and r3dlin3 pretty much covered them
Old 05-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
GS-R

or you could always get the rsx-s!!!

Injen
Old 05-26-2003
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
krayziebonet4l is an unknown quantity at this point
PRELUDE!
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

coolguydxr is an unknown quantity at this point
00 si because i had one before. it was stolen then i got a 02 ex coupe. i like the coupe look i really miss the power
Old 05-26-2003
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
why does it have to be those 3?

what about nissan 240s? (cheaper, sr20 os definitly better than a b18 imho)
or celica alltrac/mr2? (cheaper, 3sgte, 'nuff said)
or even dsm gsx, gst.. etc...

but if i must stuck in honda (don't know why)
i'll take hte prelude, it has a nice interior, a great sounding engine, and excellent styling imo

all 3 cars are played out, but a sh still ahve some expensive feel
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a toss up between the lude and the GSR. If I had to pic right this second...I would have to go with the GSR simply because the internal parts that are available and the looks of the GSR inside and out. The Prelude body just looks ugly to me, but it has the bigger engine.
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
I say GSR.

If I was going to spend that much, I would buy my 240 with the SR20DET or a 5th gen hatch.
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

NitehawkVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
well, I'd say GSR, but i hate the ghey frontend on those cars. it needs the JDM conversion.
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Voiceofid
why does it have to be those 3?

what about nissan 240s? (cheaper, sr20 os definitly better than a b18 imho)
or celica alltrac/mr2? (cheaper, 3sgte, 'nuff said)
or even dsm gsx, gst.. etc...

but if i must stuck in honda (don't know why)
i'll take hte prelude, it has a nice interior, a great sounding engine, and excellent styling imo

all 3 cars are played out, but a sh still ahve some expensive feel
and the 240, im a drift king swap isnt played out yet? its every rice boys wet dream or the ever popular. "IM GONNA BUY A 240 AND SWAP A RB26DETT AND BE SUPER JDM YO"

face it unless you have millions of dollars any car you buy is going to be played out unless its older 50,60, 70's era.

MR2's are a pain in the *** to work on since you have to drop the motor to do anything to it, other then that its a good car.

Alltrac celica good luck finding one.

DSM is a roll of the dice either you get a 2nd gen and worry about crankwalk or you have tranny problems pick your poison.
Old 05-26-2003
Premium Member & 1 Millionth Poster!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

THEANTIRICEST has disabled reputation
prelude! I have one for sale too
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

Giuseppe is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say either GS-R or Prelude.

I really like the handling of the Prelude Type SH, however it's heavier and not as easily moded as the regular Prelude. Yet, the car seems sorta outdated alittle, am I the only one that feels that way? Maybe it's the interior that gives me that feel.

GS-R... see earlier replys. Good luck with the car hunt, I'm in the same boat.
Old 05-26-2003
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by SuperNegro
and the 240, im a drift king swap isnt played out yet? its every rice boys wet dream or the ever popular. "IM GONNA BUY A 240 AND SWAP A RB26DETT AND BE SUPER JDM YO"

face it unless you have millions of dollars any car you buy is going to be played out unless its older 50,60, 70's era.

MR2's are a pain in the *** to work on since you have to drop the motor to do anything to it, other then that its a good car.

DSM is a roll of the dice either you get a 2nd gen and worry about crankwalk or you have tranny problems pick your poison.
I agree.
If i were to get a Si, i would probably mod it heavily.
I'm not too interested in the Teg's except the Type-R which i really cant afford....
GS-R was just another option, just to throw it in there.
Prelude was one i've always wanted....i would love to have one and just cruise in...wouldnt be too much modding.
I really didnt expect so many to choose the GS-R, didn't know it was THAT popular.
I didnt mention any others such as the 240 or mr2 or celica's, simply because i just dont like them very much. Drifting and all is nice, but im not into that as much as i was before.
Old 05-26-2003
End Bringer

there are far less 240s on the road than any frickin honda, heck i've seen more nsx in my town than 240s and my friend is the only 240 locally i know that is swapping a sr20

why drop motor on the mr2? the 3s not good enough for you?

it's true that it's hard to locate one, but if you really want it, there is always one out there wanting to be found, at least you'll have something hard to find, unlike a gsr

and the gsr is pain free? plus, i listed those cars as alternative options, simply because he didn't mention how far he is going to go with the car. if honda was so great, maybe they should've had ***** to showed at the last japanese auto salon.
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Voiceofidthere are far less 240s on the road than any frickin honda, heck i've seen more nsx in my town than 240s and my friend is the only 240 locally i know that is swapping a sr20
sorry i see just as many 240's out there now as i do civics in socal.

why drop motor on the mr2? the 3s not good enough for you?
Your knowledge of MR2's is very limited. DROP the motor as in pull it out to work on it not swap it. drop =! swap you can not work on that car with the motor still in it because the space is way too tight you have to remove it to do anything.

it's true that it's hard to locate one, but if you really want it, there is always one out there wanting to be found, at least you'll have something hard to find, unlike a gsr
Its A Celica Buddy. Turbo and AWD or not there are lots of celicas. Nice car but a celica none the less.

and the gsr is pain free? plus, i listed those cars as alternative options, simply because he didn't mention how far he is going to go with the car. if honda was so great, maybe they should've had ***** to showed at the last japanese auto salon.
Considering i worked on DSM's all of us switched over to hondas basicly because of the tranny problems and crankwalk, a 2nd Gen GSX is something to fear if modded properly but you still have to worry about it crankwalking or worry about the transmission throwing a fit on all of them.

As for a GSR being pain free i would say so and im not some honda ****, id gladly take a EVO or STi right now or a used FD. and they have thier share of problems.

If you are on a budget and dont have time to be doing lots of repairs stay away from a dsm.
Old 05-26-2003
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
Prelude because i see too many integras now. In my area, they're probably more hooked up integras than civics. The only prelude i'd get is the one with the square headlights. Damn Sexy. Engine is already great to work with. Just do some weight reduction, turbo, and the works on it.
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by cambo
Engine is already great to work with. Just do some weight reduction, turbo, and the works on it.
preludes need an oil pump gear upgrade if you plan to do turbo that tends to be the weak link on the H22A when trying to get more power, that and its not wise up upgrade the SH because of the ATTS.

And weight reduction on the 5th gen prelude is no easy task at all.
Old 05-26-2003
GODLIKE

ASIANPRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
GSR
Old 05-26-2003
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
preludes need an oil pump gear upgrade if you plan to do turbo that tends to be the weak link on the H22A when trying to get more power, that and its not wise up upgrade the SH because of the ATTS.

And weight reduction on the 5th gen prelude is no easy task at all.
bleh. i never said that it was gonna be easy.
Old 05-26-2003
End Bringer

sorry i see just as many 240's out there now as i do civics in socal.

Your knowledge of MR2's is very limited. DROP the motor as in pull it out to work on it not swap it. drop =! swap you can not work on that car with the motor still in it because the space is way too tight you have to remove it to do anything.

Its A Celica Buddy. Turbo and AWD or not there are lots of celicas. Nice car but a celica none the less.

Considering i worked on DSM's all of us switched over to hondas basicly because of the tranny problems and crankwalk, a 2nd Gen GSX is something to fear if modded properly but you still have to worry about it crankwalking or worry about the transmission throwing a fit on all of them.

As for a GSR being pain free i would say so and im not some honda ****, id gladly take a EVO or STi right now or a used FD. and they have thier share of problems.

If you are on a budget and dont have time to be doing lots of repairs stay away from a dsm.
you got a point, and i step down lol

but on the 3s part, why do you need to do anything to the motor at all? i've seen stock internal 3s pulling 300+
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Voiceofid
you got a point, and i step down lol

but on the 3s part, why do you need to do anything to the motor at all? i've seen stock internal 3s pulling 300+
They are kinda old motors, it would be a good idea to do a fresh rebuild, and go from there a turbo & intercooler upgrade wouldnt hurt either.

I love MR2's and wouldnt mind having one.
Old 05-26-2003
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
GSR

B Series
lots of market wupport
looks good
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
preludes are heavy! they will run a 15.5 in the quarter, ive seen worse with my own eyes. I would for sure get the GSR.
If i got the GSR, i would do JDM conversion in the front, and slap a Vortech Supercharger on it. ***** to the wall power, and a beautiful looking car.
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

ASuave is an unknown quantity at this point
GSR, and the Si a very close second
Old 05-26-2003
Registered!!

luckynumbernine is an unknown quantity at this point
prelude gets my nod. it has the most streetable motor. the b16's and b18's are nice for sure, but only if you plan on driving around at 6000+ rpm all day. the b series motor does not match the low end and midrange power and torque of the h series motors. furthermore, the sh chassis and suspension setup handles like a slot car.

Quick Reply: Si,Prelude, GS-R?!?!?!