General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Would a civic fit in a U-haul truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003
Rollin0n18s

Would a civic fit in a U-haul truck?

I was wondering if a civic would fit in a u haul truck? Maybe the biggest one they let people rent.
Old 03-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HomerSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Probably, but why?
Old 03-12-2003
00 Hatchback Owner

Gryphin is an unknown quantity at this point
they rent like 25 foot trucks, so yea it would fit, but you can always rent a thow dolly that you put on the back of the truck or car...
Old 03-12-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
definitely not a 7th gen. And besides, the ramp would be too steep for the front bumpers to go up. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] I had these ramps that my dad used to get underneath cars, instead of jacking them up on both sides. I figured I'd try it one day (coz I hate having to bust out that stupid jack), but it was too steep. You'd need a ramp 40 feet long to have a low enough angle to get (most cars in).
Old 03-12-2003
Registered!!

VTEC808 is an unknown quantity at this point
The guy who lived across the street from me had a Corvette Stingray & he was moving across the country. He didn't wanna drive the Corvette so he loaded it onto the moving truck with the rest of his stuff. He had a flatbed wrecker come to his house, loaded his car onto the flatbed, then backed the flatbed up to the back of the moving trailer (It happened to be the PERFECT height) & just rolled the car into the trailer. He paid about $100+ to have the wrecker come do that but it was worth it to him.
Old 03-12-2003
Rollin0n18s

i have to bring my car to show and i'm going to boston and the pot holes are horrible and i would rather just wax my car and have it ready and just roll it off the truck .

So is the answer yes it would fit or no it would not?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-12-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: XxSoVeReiGNxX
definitely not a 7th gen. And besides, the ramp would be too steep for the front bumpers to go up. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] I had these ramps that my dad used to get underneath cars, instead of jacking them up on both sides. I figured I'd try it one day (coz I hate having to bust out that stupid jack), but it was too steep. You'd need a ramp 40 feet long to have a low enough angle to get (most cars in). [hr]
when my brother was moving he had the same trouble getting his eclipse onto a normal trailer. he said he had to drive around his neighborhood forever to find a dip in the road so the bumper would not scrape
Old 03-12-2003
Rollin0n18s

so is that the only problem? the front rubbing?
Old 03-12-2003
Registered!!

VTEC808 is an unknown quantity at this point
The ONLY problem with it actually fitting in the truck is if the truck is WIDE enough. I advise you to measure the width of your car & then go measure the width of the truck in the rear. The truck will DEFINITELY be long enough to hold the car.
Old 03-13-2003
Registered!!

Colombian4Lyf is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with him. What date is the show on and what location will it be at. I heard of a show that is going on this weekend I believe Saturday the 15 In PA
Old 03-13-2003
Registered!!

03_silver_ex is an unknown quantity at this point
A UHAUL as a car trailor...[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG], what an idea.
Old 03-13-2003
Registered!!

SatansEnemy is an unknown quantity at this point
HEY!!! dont forget when your measuring, that you either include some space to open your door, or plan on crawling out through the trunk[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG].
Old 03-13-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Why not just rent a flatbed?

-Kre
Old 03-13-2003
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
Check on the legality of it. If the moving truck is one that is rated under 10,000 lbs you will not have to stop at weigh stations so there is less of a problem. When I moved back down to GA from NYC in September I didn't have my car or any car at all, just a 15 ft. Penske rental truck. I was going to drive it and pick up my car and load it in the back after I unloaded all of our stuff but then I read something that it was illegal. Checking measurements, my car would have fit fine, I would have just needed some really long ramps to get it in there but that wasn't a problem. With UHAUL trucks, you get the lowest deck, best for moving a car but you sacrifice space because the part above the cab of the truck is included in the measurement of the truck's space. (length). Check on that though and possibly arrange for the flatbed idea or get some long ramps. If a local shop has a hydraulic lift that raises the car by the tires that could also be used if they let you to get the car in the truck.
Old 03-13-2003
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
yeah, just rent a flatbed. theres car moving companies also, but they charge a lot i think.
i wouldnt put your car in a u-haul. even if it fits, there are no restraints in the back to prevent your car from rolling or shifting. a flatbed would have something like that tho. if your car moves in the back there, youre ****ED!! dont risk it.
Old 03-13-2003
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point
Also remember with a flat bed truck, depending on the size and weight, and if there are air brakes or not on the truck, you may be required to have a Class A or Class B License.

However, since I live in the NE and fairly close to you, if the truck you do wana rent requires that type of license to drive it, I can hook you up since I have a class A license, and can haiul anything out there. PM Me if you need me hommie.
Old 03-13-2003
Registered!!

Cisco88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm...U-Haul my car to shows.....

I wonder if it is expensive?
Old 03-13-2003
Registered!!

Dagooseisloose is an unknown quantity at this point
If you rent a big U Haul i think it will fit.
Old 03-13-2003
Rollin0n18s

i called a tow truck company and they told me to call AAA and get the AAA plus package and they will tow it for free back and forth. The mebership is like $80.00 for the year. So if want to do it again this summer i could just for $80
Old 03-13-2003
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Rollin0n18s
i called a tow truck company and they told me to call AAA and get the AAA plus package and they will tow it for free back and forth. The mebership is like $80.00 for the year. So if want to do it again this summer i could just for $80[hr]
make sure it isnt the type of truck that tows it with a hook. If you were worred about pot hols ect, you will still have to worry about that, as well as hitting a big pot hold, ripping off your bumper, exhaust ect in the rear. Also remember once you find a place to tow the car to, you still have to find a place to tow it back, and not all towing companys have a flatbed. It all depends on who AAA contacts for a tow.

I personally say, rent a fatbed truck, and I will drive it for you [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Old 03-13-2003
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with flatbedding it.
Old 03-13-2003
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Well since everybody here said there is going to be something wrong with the front bumper why not just take it off and put it back on at the show???
Our front bumpers are pretty easy to take off, but putting it back on COULD be a pain in the ***.