General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

how bad is your civic?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
how bad is your civic?

how bad is your car as far as damage?

i got my civic 8 months ago. and it has dings and scratches galore. My roof has two craters in it from when i parked my car under a tree and **** fell on it. my trunk lid too. my hood has two dents and a few scratches on it. the sides of my car has at least 3 dings on the body, 4 on the doors. my rear bumper has a bad scratch from a shopping cart that hit it...and my front bumper has a small scratch that i have no idea where it came from [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] i hate it...my car is new..its supposed to be pretty...
Old 02-18-2003
Forum Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
I've had the car for almost 2 months now and all i have is 3 feet of snow on top of it, and 1 little ding on the side door from driving down my driveway..

Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
I have scratches on both sides of the back bumper thanks to ppl backin up into me, I have a pretty big dent in my passenger side and have a couple on driver side but not that noticeable on driver side.
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
I have adent on the fender, ding on my rear quarter panel, and had a few removed last summer....
Old 02-18-2003
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
i have had my car for 6 months now and i only got 2 scratches on mine on the back when i backed into my other car in the morning. all that dam condensation on the back window but ill have that fixed when i get my kit on in a few weeks. other than that i have no dings or dents cuz i park far far far far away from everybody or i litteraly take up 3-4 parking spaced everytime so no one can open their doors and hit mine. my car still looks like i just bought it yesterday it so clean and free of everydaty wear. i wash my car everyweek and detail it to the fullest. follow my procedure and oyur car look like you just bought it yesterday to.
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone keyed my car with a flat head screwdirver. It's starting to rust actually. Paint chipped off my front bumper from spraying at a car wash. It's about 2inches long. There are a few other key marks all over the car. I have a crack in the bottom of my back bumper from backing into a snowbank. And I have a little dent with some paint on the driver side door from a mini van in boston. The biatch hit my door with her door and didn't leave a note. I could see my paint on her door too. So I got even and punched a huge dent in the side of her passenger door.
Old 02-18-2003
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
my god! reading these stories is like watching a horror movie that is actually scary! Ive got dings on both door panels, and some nasty little scratches on my hood from when one of my friends jumped on my hood while he was drunk- had sand on his sneaker soles [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I have several door dings and a dented "H" on my steering wheel from punching it while wearing my college ring - big mistake.
Old 02-18-2003
Better Then God

dirtEsanchez is an unknown quantity at this point
One ding in my trunk lid and top of my quater panel from little girls deciding to schip goldballs out into the parking lot, had i known about it then I would have run their little asses down....two *** bumps from Jason a former member of 2k1civic he was leaning on it one night then a few months later and slammed his boney little *** into my fender to set off my alarm that I had just gotten isntalled...that dick....other then that it is just dirty as hell and nothing more then the usual paint damage on the front from driving so fast.
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

Cyclosporine is an unknown quantity at this point
3 dints on the passenger door... and near the left headlight....dumb people aren't careful with other peoples belongings
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

Renamazazo is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a pretty good scratch on the drivers side of my car the first week I owned it. It was from a rock my car kicked up while I was going down my friends gravel road. I need to get some touch up paint for it.
-Mark
Old 02-18-2003
Civic Owns My SRT

FuKNGRuVN is an unknown quantity at this point
My Si Coupe is 15 months old, and has 50,000kms on her. Because she's Eternal Blue, every single scratch, chip, mark shows up like a glaring wound to me.

Because we use rocks instead of sand up here in BC on our winter roads, the entire hood and front bumper are chipped all to hell. I call it the "salt-and-pepper" look. It looks pretty ghey. And my windshield is cracked in three places.

Someone keyed my drivers' side from the taillight to the door handle, but most of it buffed out.

I've got lots of little nicks from *******s hitting the car with their doors. I caught one soccer mom in a Windstar doing it, pointed it out to her, and she just shrugged and took off. I called the cops and nailed her with a hit and run

I love having out of province plates. Every little thing people do to me here is a felony because of it.

I think someone in the neighborhood is purposely nicking my car - I rinse it off at least every two days and find scratches in the weirdest places - like on the rear C pillar. WTF?!

I was rear-ended by a stolen vehicle on Christmas Eve, and I got a new bumper, absorber and bumper bar. The body shop did an awesome job of matching the color BTW. Third day I had the new bumper - it was scratched from some chick with a beat up Golf Cabrio who parked too close to be and scraped me on the way out - and I saw her do it too The RCMP here are getting to know me on a first name basis.

What color cars do you p33ps have? Anyone with a silver or white Civic as paranoid about their scratches as us with darker colors? I got the blue because I love the color, and I wanted the beige interior.
Old 02-18-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
My car?

Oh, this one.....

Not bad, just a few minor dings here and there [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2003
Civic Owns My SRT

FuKNGRuVN is an unknown quantity at this point
A little touch up paint and a buff and she'll be good as new Gotti

WTF happened?!
Old 02-18-2003
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
I have one little knick on my rear bumper, someone backed into me. Its okay, I broke their bumper off (old pos, it was just hanging there anyway) and felt alright. No door dings, paint chips, scratches, or anything. Except for that little mark on my bumper, my car is in better condition than the day I took it from the dealer.
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Gotti......didn't you just get your lisence????[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
I got a ding in my passanger door, and a nice dinger in my rear bumper from when i was backing into my friends garage and misjudged the distance to the wall other than that she looks brand new, except for all the salt from the snow here [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2003
Premium Member

Gizmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Have a little ding on my driver door, and about 5 spots where little rocks from a truck spinning out on the other side of the freeway while it was raining hit me (although I used touch up paint so unless you right next to it you cant see them). My hood has a few hairline scratches and a couple of little flecks that it has out of it. Hoping to get a Carbon Fiber hood in the not too distant future.
Old 02-18-2003
Wicked Moderatuh

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Oh man, don't get me started. I got ****in dings on each one of my doors. I got a **** load of chips on the front bumper, and the back bumper, no hombre, that's all ****in scratched up. I got one huge scratch from backing into a damn shrub that I couldn't see, and another my wife closed the ****in garage door and left a nice little scrape. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
had it for a year and a half and not a ding, scratch of crater on it. Looks better than it did on the show room floor. It sucx to hear about all these out there. Scary
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

Blckcivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
well let me tell you what my civic is a POS...... i have only had the car a year and i have had to replace the brake numerious times rotors once..... my whole ryt axle 2.... not to mention about a million scratches and dents.....
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

Drnknmnky13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had my car a whole 4 days before some ****wad opened their door and put a ding in my pass. side rear quarter panel. I'm pretty good about parking far out in the parking lot. Now if I could just get the snow and salt to go away...I would have a nice shiny car.
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
Thank God for this post...I thought I was the only one out there with a F'ed up civic with two scratches on the rear bumper (rear bumper, passenger side: really long and noticable) And also one deep scratch and dent combo on the passenger side door. Damb that person to Helllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Mbow
I have several door dings and a dented "H" on my steering wheel from punching it while wearing my college ring - big mistake.[hr]
wow.... i did the same thing ...without a ring though.... [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] nows theres a line going down the middle of the H... lol but i did it when My civic got rear ended...I looked down at the mileage and it said 76 miles ... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] i was so mad i got HIT .. i punched the H and then I tore up some persons front lawn where we pulled over.. lol all fixed now though [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

Civic2k1racer is an unknown quantity at this point
ummm....let me see, i got a taped up right side view mirror, a small dent on the right pass. door and a long scratch along the right side of my car.
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

Chelle is an unknown quantity at this point
no dings on my car yet... but i did have a scratch on the right qtr panel (nothin that a lil touch up paint can't fix!), and i recently noticed some abrasions on my front bumper :/ i need to do somethin about that soon...
Old 02-18-2003
Civic Gurlies

HondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the rough
I've had my car since June 01 and its got minor sratches, a few paint chips from rocks, and a small dent on the rear next to my trunk lid. Does a slighty bent scratched to hell rim count? Nothing too bad really. now that i've said that..watch something happen to it
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

JumpingBean is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had my car for over 2 years. I have one small door ding in drivers side. Rock chips on hood, one small one in windshield and small scratches on back bumper from backing into something.
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

03coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had my car for roughly 5.5 months now, there are no dents, dings or scratches, actually, it looks to be in better condition than a new one of the lot. Plus everytime something is done to my car, be it damage or a car wash or an oil change, it is documented on the honda owner link website [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

DarrenA is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll have had my car for a year next month. I've been in one noteable accident when I got a dent about the size of a dinner plate in my driver's door (my fault[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG] failure to year yeild) And one little bitty scratch that was made by a door like the first month I got my car. The scratch was fixed when the door was fixed also when I got my kit on. But other than that and a few scratches on my bumper I'm all clean now. Just like new

Quick Reply: how bad is your civic?