General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

tell me if I'm wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003
Remebers the old days
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
tell me if I wrong.

I am going to get a NO2 system and I was thinking of using the clear button on the cruse control panel on the steering wheel. Do you think it would work? Also Where sould I put the Automatic opener switch? I want it in a place where you wouldn't know I had it unless you knew.
Old 01-21-2003
Jeremy's Iron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicRookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah it should work, if you know how to wire it. And how would I know where you put the automatic opener unless you told me where it was? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
you could.. but that clear button is pretty important.. maybe you should rig it to "accel"
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
You wrong are.

N02 is Nitrogen Dioxide. N20 is Nitrous Oxide.
Automatic openers tend to stick. I wouldnt reccomend buying one.
Button activation for nitrous flow may look cool in the movies but is pretty worthless in real life applications. Get a throttle mounted micro switch.
Old 01-21-2003
7thgen guh chee

JohnnyLee is an unknown quantity at this point
That would be so cool!
Old 01-21-2003
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
How exactly does the throttle switch work? My friend has the throttle switch and he hates it. Once he opens the bottle every time he steps on the throttle full it shoots. Thats not what I want. I just want something to play around with every now and then. How often do you really use the clear button? Touch the break or clutch and it turns off. Why use the clear button. I use the cruse control every day to work. Set it to 100 and go. I never use the clear. I was also going to paint the letters red. I need an automatic opener so I can put the bottles under the rear seats. One on either side.
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

Ducatti is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: HondaGuru
You wrong are.

N02 is Nitrogen Dioxide. N20 is Nitrous Oxide.
Automatic openers tend to stick. I wouldnt reccomend buying one.
Button activation for nitrous flow may look cool in the movies but is pretty worthless in real life applications. Get a throttle mounted micro switch.[hr]
Basic Chemistry OwNz<CrewChief
Old 01-21-2003
Remebers the old days

I never claimed to be a smart guy.....just loyal.
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

CIVIC2NV is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey what is the best No2 kit for our cars?
With the least amount of upgrades?
What is difference between the Dry And Wet?
What would you guys prefer?

NOS
Venom
NX
ZEX
Nitrious Works
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
[hr]Originally posted by: CrewChief
How exactly does the throttle switch work? My friend has the throttle switch and he hates it. Once he opens the bottle every time he steps on the throttle full it shoots. Thats not what I want. I just want something to play around with every now and then. How often do you really use the clear button? Touch the break or clutch and it turns off. Why use the clear button. I use the cruse control every day to work. Set it to 100 and go. I never use the clear. I was also going to paint the letters red. I need an automatic opener so I can put the bottles under the rear seats. One on either side.[hr]
You are either a liar or your friend is the stupidest person on the face of the planet. The throttle mounted micro switch only flows nitrous if
A) the bottle is open
and
B) the system is ARMED. Meaning you have to flip a switch in order to TURN THE SYSTEM ON before full throttle applications will start the flow of N20
Old 01-21-2003
Remebers the old days

Befor the flame parade start.....use the search button. Also like found out earlyer it's n2o notno2. This subject is all over.
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

Old 01-21-2003
Remebers the old days

Guru why are you such a pissed off person.Calm down. Take a deep breath and count to ten. I was only going by what he told me. why is it that every time someone says something you go out of your way to make them feel dumb. If this is a complex then mabe you sould see someone for that. I was just looking for an opinion and a little help.
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

were you also drunk?

BTW: "I need an automatic opener so I can put the bottles under the rear seats."

plural? two big ones? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-21-2003
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
why does everyone think guru is pissed off or has a crab on his *****? he never seems pissed off about anything other than the black99vtec threads or personal attacks on him.
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

yea, that guy does tend to chafe my willey the wrong way.
Old 01-21-2003
Remebers the old days

Ok. first off, When I said that he opened the bottle common sense would tell you that it was armed. How would you know that it shoots every time if it wasn't armed. Second, I plan on getting two small bottles to put under the seat so it can't be seen. Thank you for all your wounderful help and deep insight. If you didn't plan on helping at all why did you bother posting at all. I'm sorry if you think you are gods gift to imports but leave me out of your quest to prove you are the biggest a$$hole here.
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: CrewChief
Ok. first off, When I said that he opened the bottle common sense would tell you that it was armed. How would you know that it shoots every time if it wasn't armed. Second, I plan on getting two small bottles to put under the seat so it can't be seen. Thank you for all your wounderful help and deep insight. If you didn't plan on helping at all why did you bother posting at all. I'm sorry if you think you are gods gift to imports but leave me out of your quest to prove you are the biggest a$$hole here.[hr]

You also said:

"My friend has the throttle switch and he hates it. Once he opens the bottle every time he steps on the throttle full it shoots"

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
micro switch: open bottle, arm system, go to full throttle for n20 application
Other option: open bottle, arm system, hold 2nd momentary push button down for nitrous activation.

Logic > YU0

So... apparently you knew he had to both open the bottle AND arm the system before the full throttle activation comes into play, right? I guess this means you want to engage nitrous at part throttle applications, because that’s the only... ummm... "advantage", a manually operated momentary push activation switch will have over a throttle mounted micro switch.
If that’s the case, I wish you best of luck with your endeavor, and hope you post pics of all the pretty metal pieces that once were your valves and piston heads. Also, please define "small bottles". If you are thinking of setting up two 1 lb bottles, I can’t help but laugh. I tired to offer technical support, but ignorance and stupidity seem to be thwarting my every attempt. Perhaps sarcasm and humility will help get the point through. Maybe not. I don’t care anymore. Good day sir.
Old 01-21-2003
Remebers the old days

I see your point about the throttle switch. It is a better Idea. Was that so hard. Did it realy take all the sh*t just to get a simple answer. I don't dought you know what you are talking about and I agree with you some of the time, but try using a little more tact when you post. Don't automaticly start attacking. Mabe you wouldn't have tried to be banned if you would just lay off people a little bit. Thanks for the help, by the way......I thought you should stay..........
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

Old 01-21-2003
Turbos, Engines, Chassis and Suspension Tech

4drcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Another thread 0wnd by HondaGuru.

Have a [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] Joe.

I mean AFTER ALL...HE DID WRITE "THE NITROUS POST"

Sheesh.
Old 01-21-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
man joe, i love the new sig. i hope you dont have to take it down.
sig = [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2003
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
ok, even the violin emoticon made me laugh...

but anyways. since we're through here. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]