General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What bike to get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
What bike to get?

Im looking to get a bike in spring, anywhere from a 600-1300 but it is my first bike so i would like to keep it lower. Was seriously considering a hayabusa, but i herd they handled terribly. But i definatly like they way it looks. Cant afford a ducatti so dont even mention em [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Like i said your advice and why you think the motorcycle is the best and some sort of websites or information to back up your info would be really great. As u can tell by my car looks matter to me, I like the f4i alot and the hayabusa but there 2 totaly diffrent bikes so.. I need ur help! thank you
Old 01-16-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
HAYABUSA is pimp, but yea it's pretty heavy. I would suggest a Ninja if you are looking for a fun bike.

Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

CivicRicer02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well if you know how to shirt and allt hat fun stuff then go with a bigger bike because if you get a small one you will want a bigger one one you get the hang of it
Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

mrdan4548 is an unknown quantity at this point
what kind of bikes are you talking about? I got my mongoose for like 200 bux 600-1300 bux geez i say get a mongoose its totally badass on doing tricks and jumping ramps. even came with those bars that you can stand on also [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

HondaCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
If its your first bike id get a 750, you'll get bored of a 600 too quick and you dont wanna 1000cc+ cause you'll kill yourself too quick...but if yor relly feeling suicidal get a 2000 hayabusa which was the last year of the 220mph unrestricted speed [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks i was looking at the ninja in orange pearl but i would have to lower the back because the new ones sit wayyy to high.
Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

Drnknmnky13 is an unknown quantity at this point
If this is your first bike then I would deff stay away from the hyubusa. A 600 has more than enough power to have fun and kill yourself with. If you only want to go fast in a straight line and never discover the thrill of handeling that a bike provides...then get a larger bike. I have been riding for 9 years and I have a 600 (yamaha r6) they are lighter, allowing you to brake later( less momentum to overcome) and easier to flick into a corner. The power diffrence isnt as noticable as one would think in aggressive riding. ( from a stop light my fiends gsxr1100 will pull away from me...but if a cornor comes up..I whizz right by him)This is just my opinion...in the end it's what you want and what you can afford. Good luck
Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

SiCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
-->>> You're stupid to get a bike like that if you have not had YEARS of experience first. <<<--

Even a newer 600cc sport bike will bite you. Get a 250 Ninja USED for a summer then get something NEW the next year if you like it. You can buy and sell a good used starter bike like that easily, and often for the same money. You won't have fun on a huge bike and that's if you live...

Craig.

I'm not being rude I'm just tring to save you from a big mistake.

Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

Crash2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
INTERESTING FACT = Life Expectancy on a street bike is 90 days
Old 01-16-2003
Premium Member

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
im saving up for a bike also
at least ill be able to beat most cars on the street for 90 days[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-16-2003
Premium Member

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
i was looking at the prices of a r6 and i found a civic.

umm yeeah
Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

Ayumiyake is an unknown quantity at this point
First timer? Looks matter? 2003 Suzuki GSX-600R, awesome for beginner! Second choice would be a Yamaha YZF-R6. 'busa lover myself [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] Make sure you take an MSF course and WEAR PROPER GEAR!! Nothin' will make you look MORE kewl and impress the ladies than wreckin' out doin' a stoppie with no helmet Jus' search for earlier posts on the topic, I posted a lengthier entry b'fore with some links, but too lazy to repeat, blah

~Ayu-mi-yake~
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

SOHCScreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: mrdan4548
what kind of bikes are you talking about? I got my mongoose for like 200 bux 600-1300 bux geez i say get a mongoose its totally badass on doing tricks and jumping ramps. even came with those bars that you can stand on also [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][hr]
dumbass. i hope your being sarcastic.

its street bikes!
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

supercivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Deffinitely start out on a 250, they wont kick your ***, and like the other guy said, often times you can sell it for around the same price as you bought it for. They are still plenty fast( around 13 secs in 1/4).

One thing that you didnt mention, is how big of a guy are you? If you are 6'+ I'd suggest a TL1000R. It looks pretty tight, and would be a great transition from a 250 for a novice.

I've been looking for a 1200 Bandit, personally I prefer the "naked" bikes without all the fairings.
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

03_silver_ex is an unknown quantity at this point
I had never riden before in my life, till last summer, I bought a 2002 Suzuki GSXR 600 and got the movistar edition, like all I started out easy and soon found triple digit riding all the time. Well you WILL outgrow a 600, unless you mod it, I lowered the front sprocket one down one tooth and it made a huge difference. A 600 is perfect and is more balanced than a 750 or even the ungodly 1000, it will out corner both of them with the proper rider, however they will smoke you on a straight stretch. Bike are fun and the ladies love em, but learn how to ride by yourself first before you carry a rider.
Old 01-17-2003
T.V. is bad for you. Go outside.

Engineman is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey I have a 2000 model CBR 600 F4 yellow/black with 7800 miles never dropped always garage kept i'll sell you. $5000. It has a Two Brothers Racing titanium slip on and race compound tires. Need to sell it cause the extra money will help me build my new shop.
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

Diemos is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: speedracersong
im saving up for a bike also
at least ill be able to beat most cars on the street for 90 days[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG][hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] LMFAO
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

Dagooseisloose is an unknown quantity at this point
I myself have been riding 4-5 years and you dont need bigger than a 600cc. I personally am not the stunt man like my friends are but you can do the fun stuff with a 600cc you do not need anything bigger especially if your a new rider. Id get a GSX-R600 or a YZF-R6 they are both great bikes and the R6 has been restyled for 2003 and it looks amazing in my opinion. Ive been a suzuki rider all my life but Yamaha is starting to win me over. I personally dont like Honda or Kawasaki but get whatever bike you feel the most comfortable on. Dont get a 250cc bike its a waste of money and people will laugh at you. Everyone I know started on a 600cc but me I rode my friends 250cc when I was 16 I never actually bought one myself. One of my best friends who just died last year in a car accident SHE yes I said She had a brand new Yamaha R6 and she kept up with 929's,R1's and GSX-R750's and it doesnt matter on the bike it matters on the rider. If you know how to ride you will do whatever you want on whatever bike size doesnt matter much. Get a 600cc and get a friend who knows how to ride to teach you how to ride. It doesnt take more than 10 -15 minutes to learn how to ride. ALWAYS GO AT YOUR OWN PACE not what your friends pace is.
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a 2002 CBR 600F4i but I totalled it. (no more wheelies) I'd go with that or the YZF R6 or the new Honda CBR 600RR. The only bad thing about the CBR's are the seats. Those things are like sitting on a piece of metal. Not good for long rides. I was constantly standing up on my bike to get the numbness outta my ***. The R6 on the other hand have nice soft seats. Either one of these bikes are good.
Old 01-17-2003

alex053 will become famous soon enough
GSX-R 750 all the way.....750 motor in a 600 chassis...my buddy had one and loved it..and its not like everyone elses R6
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

"It only takes 10-15 min to learn how to ride"?????????? <---- What are you talking about?

Have you ever seen a bike wreck? Do you have any respect for some other kids life? It's people that think they can learn how to ride SAFELY in a short period of time that go out and get smucked. You're misleading someone else with your own ignorance. If this was a bike forum you would be heckled off the site with comments like this.

Most importantly DO NOT get a friend to teach you, take a course. You don't want someone elses bad habits.

Craig.,
Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

Dagooseisloose is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: SiCoupe
"It only takes 10-15 min to learn how to ride"?????????? <---- What are you talking about?

Have you ever seen a bike wreck? Do you have any respect for some other kids life? It's people that think they can learn how to ride SAFELY in a short period of time that go out and get smucked. You're misleading someone else with your own ignorance. If this was a bike forum you would be heckled off the site with comments like this.

Most importantly DO NOT get a friend to teach you, take a course. You don't want someone elses bad habits.

Craig.,[hr]
I shoulda been a little clearer I mean it will only take 10-15 minutes to learn how to ride the bike (change gears,stop,accelerate without stalling) not street riding. Thank you siCoupe for bringing that to my attention. And if you get a school to teach you how to ride safely it will be a waste of money becuase I know most people took drivers ed and does anyone drive like they did in drivers ed? Didnt think so!

Old 01-17-2003
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Dagooseisloose
[hr]Originally posted by: SiCoupe

Craig.,[hr]
I shoulda been a little clearer I mean it will only take 10-15 minutes to learn how to ride the bike (change gears,stop,accelerate without stalling) not street riding. Thank you siCoupe for bringing that to my attention. And if you get a school to teach you how to ride safely it will be a waste of money becuase I know most people took drivers ed and does anyone drive like they did in drivers ed? Didnt think so![hr]

A complete waste of money????? You must be joking! The motorcycle safety coarse is the best thing ever invented for a first time rider. I recomend it for EVERYONE that is just starting to ride!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
go for the yamaha R1
Old 01-18-2003
Registered!!

Bickering aside... How do you all like the YAMAHA FZ-1? (But not for a beginner) Might be my next machine, nice and quick / sporting but oh so comfortable. I'm 6'3", sportbikes are not comfortable for me... The neck, the back, its all bad!

Craig.,

And anyone thinking of riding. Take the damm course!
Old 01-19-2003
Registered!!

SilverCivSedan is an unknown quantity at this point
Aye!! All the arguing!!
This April/May, I'm buying a Ninja 250- It's my first bike. Make sure you wear a helmet. I know too many peeps that have fvcked themselves up by being ignorant.
My man has a ninja 750-there's a more specific name for it, but I can't recall it now.
Take the course like they said, It lowers your insurance too.
I'm 5'4 and 130. I'm a girl for god sake!! I can't reach the ground on a much bigger bike!!, plus I'm too small to control it!!

I fell in love with the Ninja 250 at first sight!!
Old 01-19-2003
Registered!!

Friedrice is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda CBR1100XX, it will kick you in the[IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]