General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Bulb cover burned

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
Bulb cover burned

I recently had some Nokya lights in my headlights, well after time i noticed that one of my covers over the lights has turned black and looks like its burned from the wattage, i switched to HKS bulbs as most of you know, but i want to get rid of the ugly look that my bulb cover has, any suggestions?

INJEN
Old 01-01-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riva is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know too much about lights or anything, but you may have to buy a whole new headlamp housing. If anyone else has a better answer, please post; I'd like to know as well because the same thing happened to me . . . . [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-01-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
like the chrome on the inside housing turned black because of a burn't bulb im confused[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-01-2003
00 Hatchback Owner

Gryphin is an unknown quantity at this point
he means he put a high watt bulb in there and they got too hot and burned the inside of his housing.... same thing happened to my bro's 7th gen ., but he also melted the wiring , but for right now he replaced his with different bulbs and you cant even tell there blue , unless its pointed at a wall or something , noway to fix it i dont think, maybe take some of that intake wrap tape that is reflective and put it on the inside of the housing... bootleg i know but hey maybe it will work
Old 01-01-2003
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
its the chrome insert that goes over the bulb itself. its not the housing. the housing is fine, its the silver/chrome plastic cover over the bulb, sorry for the confusion.
Old 01-02-2003
Registered!!

STang57 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: injencivic
its the chrome insert that goes over the bulb itself. its not the housing. the housing is fine, its the silver/chrome plastic cover over the bulb, sorry for the confusion.[hr]
if its the right headlight (pass. side) you may be in luck. i have it left over from my accident. if you wanna buy i'll have to sell the whole housing to you, cuz im lazy to open it up, and also im trying to get rid of the whole thing. the headlight itself should not be used unless its an emergency or something (water might get in), cuz the lense has a lil piece that broke off from impact i guess, and on the bottom of the blk housing theres a piece missing also. sounds pretty bad but if you look at it, its not that noticeable. other than that, the precious chrome insert is perfectly fine!
Old 01-02-2003
Registered!!

well its the drivers side head light. darn i wish it was the other or i would buy it from you. looks like i might be puttin some projectors on soon.

INJEN
Old 01-02-2003
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
I had the same thing happen a while back, as soon as I "recover" from buying my bodykit (that was a lot of paychecks) Im gettin projectors.
Old 01-02-2003
Registered!!

VTEC808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Whether it's the passenger side or drivers side shouldn't matter, the chrome "cover" piece you say you need should be the same on both sides.