General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

I'm starting to HATE HONDA...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002
GODLIKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASIANPRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm starting to HATE HONDA...

Like honestly...what have they came out with that is actually "off the hook" and makes you want to well not very much.....Great we have the S2000, and all these new models..but **** the S2000 is the only hardcore care by honda....Our Civics run *** numbers...and have no power.....Like fine I love my car..but ****...I am starting to get really jealous of the new cars that are starting to come out.....Like look at Mazda....I wouldn't doubt that there new RX-8 will eat the S2000 and even there old RX-7 can eat a S2000.....

But for me...I am a 4 dr lover..and well I want to sell my Civic soo bad now....looking at this new Mazda Speed that is coming out...it comes stock with a Garrett T25 Turbo with air-to-air intercooler...like wtf has Honda given us....well a crap D series that ppl don't even want to make a aftermarket Turbo for......

Mind you we do have Acura..and well the i-VTec...is still pretty sweet....but I bet you that this...Mazda Speed will still eat a Si-R and the RSX......if we are talking about the RSX Type-S...well ****.....we can get into the Mazda6 or in Japan the Mazda Atenza....Which is pushing a 3.0L 220hp engine...that will killlllllll the Type-S....and it costs about the same.....You know how much money I had to spend to make my car look descent....ugh.....and these cars are all done up to the ****....STOCK....like wtf.....

GO to the mazda website...and look around the Japan site...like omfg.... there is just to much stuff to say about how Mazda is doing it right and Honda isn't even trying..cuz well they don't have to cuz ppl will buy there cars neways...but forsure my next car will be a 1.8t or a Mazda......

Like look at this car...does ours look as good as this stock....nope...I DON'T THINK SOO....like

See the one thing that I have noticed is that these cars (4 DOORS) have the same styling as the Audi A4 2003.....what do our cars mimic...a FORD FOCUS...wow good job...

Wow...like the cars are not a perfect match..but there are a lot of the same body stylings...ya know...

I just wish that Honda would be going all out on there cars like Mazda and even Ford...like the SVT is hella fast.....Honda takes no risks..they are to safe......But I want a Mazda cuz they go all out..they make there cars as aggressive as possible...and then some......and I want a VW for its class...ugh...well ****..there is prob more that I can b!tch about..but hell I gtg...but I will come back and rant some more...about why my car and HONDA is making me mad.....just cuz I am jealous
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
your forgetting that the 7thgen coupe tails looks almost identical to the ford focus tails[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Oh yeah BTW don't forget the new accord that thing looks sweet as hell 2 door and 4 door and the V6's got the power to back up the looks.
Old 12-19-2002
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
I still love my car, I do however LOVE the new mazdaspeed. That thing is awesome in all aspects. Give honda time, it's not all about performance. Hondas are MUCH safer and more reliable than most all other cars out there. The get great mileage and are great on the economy. Honda didn't make the civic for performance. For what they made it for (sub compact) they did a damn good job in my opinion.
Old 12-19-2002
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
*sigh* ... if only that s2000 type R rumor was true ... -_-;
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

JoeyTStyleS is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: ASIANPRIDE

EWWW STOCK ALTEZZAS

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-19-2002
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
you just have to remember that "hondas r safer and more reliable than most all other cars out there. The get great mileage and are great on the economy. "
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: JoeyTStyleS
[hr]Originally posted by: ASIANPRIDE

EWWW STOCK ALTEZZAS

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][hr]
damn that car is fine!
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

Strider is an unknown quantity at this point
ASIANPRIDE, welcome to the light of Mazda. They are really coming out of their shell this year. Also expect a Mazdaspeed 6, while a Mazdaspeed RX-8 is still kinda hush-hush.

Strider-
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

dmak is an unknown quantity at this point
if u really hate honda u can always change ur car......

and that's what i am going to do.......but i am going to change back to a honda.....
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point
doesnt Honda have the NSX ? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] Honda isnt all about speed its also about being economical and effiecient. The Civic was built to be effiecient with gas not be a rocket you should have known that before you bought it with a little research. Honda is known for quality or use too it still does. Honda is also the highest selling company in vehicles from the Civic to the Accord and also the most stolen broken into...so yeah...I feel your pain but if you look at the other things its all good for what it is.
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

mrdan4548 is an unknown quantity at this point
man its just that the fact that our cars are still new. Sure they are naturally slow but just wait awhile save up some money and you can make your civic badazz. Its just something different that you have to work with, sometimes people look at what you have done to a car that had absolutely no potential or little. Yea i know my car is slow and might not look all that but hey its what i like and what ive got to work with. just my .02
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

Subrage is an unknown quantity at this point
i saw one of those new mazda's today, it look really good even stock
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay...you willingly selected and acquired your civic....so what's there to complain about...sure Mazda and other companies are coming out with some slick relatively high performance cars...but hell you bought a civic with a D series engine...what were you expecting??.. For the price difference between the Civic and Mazdaspeed you can add a turbo and invest some in building the block. With the Mazdaspeed.. Buy a chip, mid-pipe and exhaust system and you'll probably gain another 30hp [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]..

Also..HP numbers mean squat...it's all about torque..which Turbo engines have alot of....a 220HP car with alot of torque will eat RSX -S's for breakfast all day long.. Torque accelerates a car...HP is a number which tells you how fast the torque moved that car...
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with AsianPride, we aren't just talking about the Civic here, we are talking about Honda in general, they
don't seem to have a good selection cars, although I would argue that the Accord Coupe is very nice.
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
People call ours cars "rice rockets". I wouldn't mind that, if in fact our cars were fast. But they are not, so it turns out to be more of a bad stereotype. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

People always defend their Civics when it's called slow, by saying "Oh at least it's safer than others...". If I wanted safe, I woulda bought an F150 or a Navigator. I'd feel sorry for the poor chump that slams into me.
And wtf. Were you all thinking about getting into accidents in the near future, and therefore decided to buy the Civic because it is safe? What a lame excuse. Goddammit, I bought my Civic because it looked unique and new at the time (the coupes do, not the sedans... yech!).

The only thing good about about Civics is mileage and gas. But if you're so caught up on how much gas will cost you the next time you fill up, maybe you should stop dreaming about freakin cars worth 2 times our Civics.

Feel proud you have a Civic. Treat it right and it will grow old with you. As for me, I'm probably gonna trade my ricemobile for this Porsche I pass by, in a Used car lot, on my way to school everyday. Next summer or by the end of my 2nd semester, if tuition doesn't drain me, I'll try to trade it in. 1993, 30,000 miles, power everything, $4,599. (I think my Civic should cover that. At least I hope my Civic's still worth around that much by then)[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-19-2002
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
[hr]I wouldn't doubt that there new RX-8 will eat the S2000 and even there old RX-7 can eat a S2000.....[hr]
Not to be a pain, but bring up my car, and I usually respond. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

The new RX-8 is not really a sports car in the sense. It's more like the maxima, or altima... a refined sports sedan. And from the road tests I've seen, it's 1/4 mile will fall short of what an S2k can pull. (but mag racing is BS, so who knows)

As for RX-7... it's only slightly faster than a stock S2k. But the RX-7 is an awesome car in and of itself. great look, and TT rotary goodness. The new RX-8 is NOT aimed at the sports car market... but more of the sports sedan demographic.
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

manixc is an unknown quantity at this point
Acura TSX, cross my finger
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

kafyn722 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, i will give mazda props, but for the mazda speed, i think it is kinda funny that they need to strap on a turbo to only get 175 hp [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] . and for the rx8, sweet car, but i cant get over the fact that it has suicide doors. if i wanted that type of stuff maybe i would look at saturn [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] . i dunno, i looked at the protege 5, that was a nice car, but i am so glad i did not buy it. for real, rsx-s, cant go wrong with that
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
i considered the SE-R and the p5 before i bought my civic too, and my friend convinced me to stay away from the p5. he says though it has excellent handling, the tranny isn't very impressive, nor is the engine. interior fit and finish isn't quite as good as the civic's, either. as for the SE-R, that back end and the parts bin components just don't do it for me.
Old 12-20-2002
GODLIKE

Yeah I love my car..and well I picked it cuz it was the best thing out there at the time...(TO ME) and well ****...think about it this way....I wouldn't doubt that Honda has payed to find out what the other competitors are up to....like you think the Mazda6 and Mazdaspeed were thought up like last year...this **** has been in development for years...come on you guys.....

And come on...gas mileage....like how much 3$ f.u.c.k o.f.f.....ya hear me....like its the 21st century..all these cars got great gas mileage....it's not a V8 Suburban we are talking about...it's a 4banner....

My beef is...I just wish that Honda could have came out back in 2k1 as hard as Mazda is in 2k4.....they shocked the consumer market..but didn't make me it was either the Mazda Protege (the ugly *** one) or a new Vic.....or a Focus...like come on..what was there back in 2k1 that was the hot thing on the market...hmmmm not much......

I think of the RX-8 kinda like the 350Z and the G35 Coupe...ya think...or am I wrong....I don't know much about it....except that I would take one...haha....

As for the new Accord Coupe well I give honda propz for stealing the look off of Mercedes Benz...hahaha

Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I don't think honda is too interested in putting out many high performance cars since they hold the general market of buyers that just want economic reliable cars. More people will buy economic cars right now is this market then high output fast cars. But I do love the new accord coupe in the 6 speed V6 doubt I would buy it though just get the standard EX and save gas and my insurance. If I want a fast vehicle I will save up and go drop $$$ on a Z06 and not have any problems.

But yeah I have thought also why Honda isn't putting out faster cars myself a few times.

Nick
Old 12-20-2002
GODLIKE

Engine:

2.4L displacement
double overhead cam (DOHC)
inline 4 cylinder configuration
gas engine
16 valves
turbo
205 hp @ 5400 rpm
220 ft-lbs. @ 2000 rpm
premium unleaded fuel

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

k wtf....

Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

DC5@EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I was really looking at the Mazda MP3 when it was first released, but since there are such few numbers of them and hard to find. Well, that ended that story. But anyways, are they still even making the MP3 (even as a Limited Edition)? Havent been looking into Mazda for a while.
Old 12-20-2002
GODLIKE

The new MazdaSpeed is what is comming out.....its the new MP3
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

manixc is an unknown quantity at this point
There were only like 250 MP3 in Canada.
Is it going to be the same for MPS??? Anyone know?

I was looking at Sentra, P5 + civic
I almost got the sentra but the dealer wouldn't bulge
P5 was just out and no more yellow [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Civic seem the best at the time

I should've gone w/ Echo (for real :cool[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at sales numbers though. What sells more? Honda! That off the wall stuff does not sell good. Yeah it might be cool and all but I see more ondas on the road than anything.
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Reasons to buy a civic...

CHeap reliable car with good gas mileage and it looks spiffy. Resons not to buy a civic...everything else

I bought mine cause I needed a CHeap reliable car with good gas mileage and it looks spiffy...so I can save money for a house and my BMW 325i which I'll have by spring 2004 and it will be halfway paid for when I drive it off the lot
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
ASIANPRIDE, you took the words right outta my mouth.

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] protege4.jpg (41 Kb)
Old 12-20-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i am sure honda knows that they are not offering much of a performance market, you have the rsx (you pay more for the name, imo) you got the nsx (name and parts) and the s2k. any one of those are kinda little over what you mentioned with mazda. but from what i remember an article a couple months back, honda said they are selling every car they could make! if i was the ceo of honda, and i am selling every car i make, i am not going to change a thing yet! and most of the new spot lights of honda now is related to the economy market, new break through in fuel cell efficentcy... first commercial NEV.. etc. i doubt they'll change much, people love them for what they are. what are members on a website going to effect them? if you were looking for a car with more punch, a civic should've never been a choice, when you brought your vehicle.
Old 12-20-2002
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Right now I am debating on keeping my car past the Spring. I have owned 3 hondas before buying this car and my 7th gen has not compared to any of them....I am talking about quality here. My 94 civic was a much better made car than my 2001. I think Honda's quality has gone down alot in the past few years. I could of bought a Nissan Sentra or a toyota corolla, but I chose honda because I am a commited honda customer. Lately I dont feel the same about my commitment to Honda.....So far I have found the following quirks with my car. Keep in mind it is babied, has only 18,500 miles and is almost 2 years old.
1. Idle Shakes, It never does it at the dealer though so they cant fix it.
2. Wipers chatter
3. Clutch pedal Squeeks
4. Creaking from struts in rear of the car
5. Installing mods are a night mare. Im referring to changing headlight bulbs, and installing rear speakers....to name a few.
6. Drivers Seat is lose. I have removed the seat and reinstalled it a few times. It stays tight for about 2 weeks and then gets loose again.
7. Build quality is not what it used to be.
I am thinking about stripping the car, selling the parts, and then selling the car. I may buy a 5th gen or 6th gen civic....or a 96-97 accord coupe. Something with no payments.

Quick Reply: I'm starting to HATE HONDA...