General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

4x4 thinks he can run with me thru the twisties, lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
4x4 thinks he can run with me thru the twisties, lol

Ok, so I rolled my rear fenders in a little tonight, so of course I had to go for a test drive.
Those of you in the Chicago area probably know this little stretch.

I'm going North on LaGrange from the Orland Park/Palos area, minding my own business, cruising along 'cause there are no major turns in the area. I spy in my rear view some headlights (very high headlights) coming up fast, flashing the people behind me trying to get them to move. Well, the impatient guy in a S10 4x4 pickup winds up next to me at the stoplight at 87th and LaGrange. Twisties up ahead, so I decide to show this guy why lowered cars are better than 4x4s on the street. [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG] Light turns green, he takes off (1.7 I4 -vs- 4.3 V6, [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] ) I catch up to him right before the start of the twisty section, I can tell he's really trying to stay with me cause I can hear his engine and see him about even with my rear bumper. Well, the tight turns start and Mr. Impatient falls waaaaayy behind (I guess he got smart). [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] I keep accelerating through the turns.

Just thought I'd share. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-27-2002
Registered!!

showoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice kill! I had a similar incident with a 4.6 mustang. He was coming up fast right before the double hairpin turn in a local highway when i pushed out in and out on his 8 banger with him nowhere in sight. Of course as soon as the street straightened he made me street pancakes and got me right back, but hey just the sound of his squeeling tires at the turns was good enough to make my day.
Old 09-27-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i love twisty roads, i drive down this long 5 mile road here locally that's a lot of tight turns and blind turns, it's great.. till i see headlights comming my way

by the way.. you have a typo, 1.7 not 2.7
Old 09-27-2002
Registered!!

2K2SilverCivicSiR is an unknown quantity at this point
engine swap?
Old 09-27-2002
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
doh, def a typo. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/IMG] (fixed)
Old 09-27-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]......That's funny.......I raced this guy I work with who is right next to me now........he has a 96 ford truck w/ the 5.0........and 35" tires........I smoked his *** sooooooooooo
bad.......3-4 diff. times.......he thought cause his v-8 was bigger than my 4 banger he had me.......nope....
Old 09-27-2002
Ultimate OG Member

TopFuel will become famous soon enough
whoo! thats what i'm saying!! canyon runs baby!!!
Old 09-27-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: showoff
Nice kill! I had a similar incident with a 4.6 mustang. He was coming up fast right before the double hairpin turn in a local highway when i pushed out in and out on his 8 banger with him nowhere in sight. Of course as soon as the street straightened he made me street pancakes and got me right back, but hey just the sound of his squeeling tires at the turns was good enough to make my day.[hr]
if he was a good enough driver, drifting through those turns probably would have had him in front through the turns too.
Old 09-27-2002
Registered!!

Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: trevor
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]......That's funny.......I raced this guy I work with who is right next to me now........he has a 96 ford truck w/ the 5.0........and 35" tires........I smoked his *** sooooooooooo
bad.......3-4 diff. times.......he thought cause his v-8 was bigger than my 4 banger he had me.......nope....[hr]
LOL...there's a guy just like that in my apartments...he never learns tho...[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]