General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

I keep blowing them up ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Personally, I think it's the tint on the bulbs. I think that makes them get too hot and blow. . I didn't do a scientific experiment or anything, so I dunno for sure, but that just seems to me why it would happen . . IMO it explains why OEM ones are good (no tint), cheapos last a pretty long time (a little tint) and the pricey ones only last a couple months (heavily tinted).

Last edited by pheaton; 10-12-2003 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DPRcivicSedan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by taz757
Well, I've thought about the Raybring bulbs. I've heard pretty good stuff about them. I just don't know where to find them to begin with, and what would be good to go with. If someone could hit me up with a good link to research these Raybrig bulbs, I'd apprciate it.

As for the PIAAs, I've thought about the Super Plasma and the Super Plasma GTs. They're both 5000K for the low beam, almost the same brightness as a HID kit.
yes raybrig is way to go i had them in my halo projectors until they blew....but i know for a fact that the halo projectors suck at dissipating heat....hence going through mtec.....now to stock......i'm getting rid of these non working halo projectors in a bit....and picking up HID to put in black housing oem style.....

raybrig = ebay
Old 10-12-2003
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
I alwaysed used Nokya untill I got tired of them blowing. Get Piaa's they look better and last longer.
Old 10-12-2003
Registered!!

Xerxes3333 is an unknown quantity at this point
I went through 4 ebay bulbs in like 4 months (total cost: $6). I got tired of having to replace them so, I just went to the local auto parts store and bought some APCs for about $30. They have lasted me ever since, and I have heard good things about the APC bulbs. My friend has had them for almost a year now.
Old 10-13-2003
Registered!!

Jas88 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the PIAA SUPER Plasma Bulbs. They seem to work great for me. A lot brighter then stock. Much whiter too, without the OEMs amber light. I've had them for months without any problems.

what do you think about that
Old 10-13-2003
Registered!!

Jas88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maby someday they with come out with Aftermarket LED bulbs for our civics driving lights. Then you wont have to replace them all the time.

what do you think about that
Old 10-13-2003
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by RiceBuRNeR
I alwaysed used Nokya untill I got tired of them blowing. Get Piaa's they look better and last longer.
how long have you been using your piaa's? do you have a pic of its light output?
Old 10-13-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
use a wire harness.
Old 10-14-2003
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
heres some headlight pics

http://www.geocities.com/blue99_si/hid.html

i saved the pics and can put them on my server if that site goes down, (cuz geocities sucks) so if it does..be patient and ill edit the thread...
Old 10-14-2003
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Xerxes3333
I went through 4 ebay bulbs in like 4 months (total cost: $6). I got tired of having to replace them so, I just went to the local auto parts store and bought some APCs for about $30. They have lasted me ever since, and I have heard good things about the APC bulbs. My friend has had them for almost a year now.

I have the same bulbs. Mine finally blew about two weeks ago after about nine months....not bad I'd say. I'm pleases with APC bulbs, and besides...in CO there is NOTHING else. It's all PepBoys carries out here. lol We're sooooo far behind all the trends it's not even funny.
Old 10-14-2003
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
i used to burn out the cheapo regular bulbs about every other month with my projectors. See with all the money you save buying the regular bulbs you get to save up for HID. ahhhh once you go HID theres no turning back.
Old 10-14-2003
Registered!!

Niter1dah is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by xRiCeBoYx
i have the target lite glow ones in mine also. they work great. although i havent gotten the chance to drive them in the rain yet... but its a good bulb for 13 bucks
I had Piaa super plasma blues , silverstars, euorlites and all other sorts of expensive ones but for some reason thoes lite glows I have had in my civic were the brightest and lasted the longest :x Not sure how that works out but its earned my trust. I drove around alot in the early morning and at night in my civic and nothing lasted longer than 6 months but thoes bulbs just kept going. I cant find liteglow H1 bulbs
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

Importracer will become famous soon enoughImportracer will become famous soon enough
haha, OEM LEAS3ED you all! OEM is the way to go with bulbs...
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

SeThisBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
i was reading a earlier post that someone bought some eurodezigns bulbs....anyone with them have pix of how the light output looks like.....i might consider buying them since they say that it comes with a lifetime warranty...