General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2 races, in one post

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedx3 is an unknown quantity at this point
2 races, in one post

1st. race:
It took place yesterday. I was crusing with my car at speed limit +10kmh. Then a saw a 2000 corolla tailgate me, and then waving to and another lane. that did not get me on until i see a sticker on his trunk. It's in chinese(i'm a hk boy), and i saw the first character, which is "car" in chinese and I thought the second one was "god". So, i thought let see what can this "god of the car" do. I didnt start until i reach the freeway and he was doing around 140+ in 80, i only went up to around 120 and stopped accelerating. Then, there's my favourite curve on the highway with a speed limit of 60, which i can do 120 all the time, he went through half way of it, then i reach the curve. i kept on going 120, and i passed him when we almost reach the end. After the curve, he started accelerating again, and just couldnt catch up with me again....

just prove that racing is more then stepping on the gas to him.
beside, that sticker is actually saying the name of a body shop in chinese. and the second character is "city"...............

2nd race:
Today.
at around 3 in the morning, my friend driving a 2k1 si coupe(ex in US) with fireball cat-back and intake on FM901 rubber, racing my stock 2k1 LX on Yokohama H4's. we both got 17" rims, we are both standard shift, and we started on the light turn green. we both have got the best acceleraction, and we both stopped acceleraction when we reach 100. and my stock LX was ahead all the time, not much. just about 2 feet.
and we have the SAME acceleration.

The si came with 12hp more then me, and has the mod that i dont, + the summer tire, and i dont see any thing better then me in the performance side.

After this one, I glad i bought a LX, and I glad that i didnt waste the $$ to do the "hp" mod. I will stick my mod to suspention......
Old 06-23-2002
Registered!!

atomicblue is an unknown quantity at this point
your probably a better driver than your friend, and with wrong aftermarket parts, or incorrect tuning, a car can actually loose horsepower. since your friend has an exhaust he probably lost some low end power, but he should get it back in the top end.
an intake would usually take care of midrange power. what kind of intake does your friend have?
in my opinion, your a better driver than your friend is because the exact same car with 12 more HP + VTec should be able to beat a 115HP car.

Alex
Old 06-23-2002
Registered!!

well, his intake is a custom CAI............

and he drive 3 yrs longer then me, i got my lisence in last August.........
Old 06-23-2002
Registered!!

slammed2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
You could just be a better driver, its pretty simple! its not possible for you to win with a slower car and no vtec and no mods...
the tires dont make that big of a difference...im telling you, your a natural [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] heh, no but like seriously he just sucks even if he has been driving for 3 years then he should have ripped u,
Old 06-23-2002
Registered!!

KurupTLX is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya "he should have ripped you"... lol
that 2 extra horse power that the Si has over an LX and that 3hp MAX that he gains from mods...
Good kill... you can drive

K-lx
Old 06-23-2002
Registered!!

am i a better driver or what, i'll just stick will the suspension mod, as i like to turn fast, more then going fast on straight open road.