General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

TCS to loud????

Old 05-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MyCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
TCS to loud????

OK guys here is my story!!!

So i got pulled over for going 55 in a 30, and a cop gave me a ticket for a loud exhaust muffler - additionaly to speeding-. the thing is that I got the DC TCS and I am 90% positive that this is a street legal muffler. I am gonna appeal in court but i need a prove, should I write DC and ask them??? WHat to do??? I am not gonna just give up the $50, it ain't about the money, just a policeman was a *****. Where could I find out if it is street legal??
Old 05-27-2002
Registered!!

SilverSurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude if you go to the DC Sports Site, and then click on exhaust, and select TCS, right there it tells you that it is 50 state legal. But you might want better documentation such as correspondence from DC Sports, drop them an email. Good luck, you should win this one!
Old 05-27-2002
Registered!!

rhyno is an unknown quantity at this point
there are stock m ufflers that are louder than the tcs. he's jerking you around. definately bring documentation though.
Old 05-27-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, that sux about the pr1ck cop but everyone that i know and all the sound bytes that are around of a TCS show it to be one of the quietest aftermarket exhausts available. I mean thats why i got mine cuz i dont want my car soundin like a bumblebee screamin down the road. Its got that great competition tone and a beefy growl when your punch it but it sounds like that cop was just tryin to make a quick ticket cuz he saw the sign of a quality product stickin out from under your rear bumper instead of the sh1tty one honda sticks on it at the factory... No way you can lose fightin that one but as far as the speeding, you could always try passin off that the the accelerator got stuck and you couldnt do anything to stop but damage your car pullin the e-brake??? oh well, hope ya get a cooler cop next time you get pulled over.
Old 05-27-2002
Registered!!

2k2civicballer is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the TCS and ive never gotten pulled over fors omething that dumb
Old 05-27-2002
Registered!!

supYO is an unknown quantity at this point
yep it's street legal alright...

the only way stock is louder if the res is removed or theres a hole in the piping hehe

best of luck with the appeal
Old 05-27-2002
Registered!!

JBlazeVA is an unknown quantity at this point
email or call DCSports and ask them for a street legal notice or something like that to aid you in appealing it in court....
Old 05-27-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
If the cop perceived that it was too loud, then he can write the summons whether or not it was street legal or not. I know absolutly nothing about mufflers, except from the fact that really loud ones are starting to **** me off and I'm probably going to start summonsing people for them.

In any event, see if you can get someone to certify that it is legal and see if the court will take the statement. Chances are they will.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

01IncaPearl is an unknown quantity at this point

<< If the cop perceived that it was too loud, then he can write the summons whether or not it was street legal or not. I know absolutly nothing about mufflers, except from the fact that really loud ones are starting to **** me off and I'm probably going to start summonsing people for them. >>

I hope your not just talking about imports with loud mufflers, what about those camaros and mustangs with loud exhausts. They dont seem to get picked on as much.
Old 05-28-2002
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a N1 apexi one and i dont even dare to rev higher that 3k rpm when i leave the light and i dont boost it like i see alot of people.
the only time i boot it is when i go on the highway. so haha if the cop though ur tcs was loud wait till he hears mine hahahaha
ur gonna go DEFT!!![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Grifter is an unknown quantity at this point
hope your not just talking about imports with loud mufflers, what about those camaros and mustangs with loud exhausts. They dont seem to get picked on as much.

yeah qcksilver.. youve always been helpful... hope your not downin those with tcs an manga.. those a like mice compared to rustangs
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

MyCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks guys!!! I know I am guilty of speeding, i won't try to get out from this one but my TCS???? I mean WTF!!!! Anyhow Thx guys and wish me luck [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a cop pull me over because he said my exhaust was too loud, funny thing is I didn't have an exhaust at the time just a Shiny tip...I have an intake but this was complete BULLSH!T .......I told him I didn't even have an exhaust & he responded by just asking for our ID's. He ended up letting us go after checking them & giving a quick visual inside my car...He just saw teenagers in a lowered Civic with buzzed heads & had to know what was going on Nside our car....Cops do what ever they please.....My buddy had D.O.T. approved tailights & got ticketed for them.....He pointed out the D.O.T letters on the light but of course the A$$ cop didn't care and still ticketed him not to mention wasted an hour of his time......QCSilver, do cops do this because they hate us imports or because they have nothing better to do and have to kill part of their shift....I know their are more important things to deal with like drugs & gangs........It just seems like they give us tickets because they know we have to go through the court thing......This must be their form of Stress relief.......... Makes me want to [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

I forgot to mention about the cop that I saw today.... He turned his Siren and lights on to get around traffic just to stop at a Starbucks up the road.......Again, cops can do what ever they please,,,this includes picking on us imports......
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Those in violation will be summonsed. I'm tired of getting being woken up when I'm sleeping. It's hard enough to have to work all sorts of weird hours and sleep around them and I shouldn't have to listen to an overly loud muffler. There is one person in particular I have to get however--and the person drives a VW.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

<< I forgot to mention about the cop that I saw today.... He turned his Siren and lights on to get around traffic just to stop at a Starbucks up the road.......Again, cops can do what ever they please,,,this includes picking on us imports...... >>

I do this all the time. Did you think maybe there was some type of alarm at the Starbucks? Unless you monitor the police band and know for sure what the officer was en route to, don't go making comments like this.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

civicpimpin01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah but what if you see them turn their lights on and go to starbucks and come out with some coffee. Back home I saw a cop turn his lights on and go ballin by, so we sped up, just being noisy, and he ended up at a picnic at the lake near my home. You seem like a good cop, but there are crooked cops, you have to admit that.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

<< Those in violation will be summonsed. I'm tired of getting being woken up when I'm sleeping. It's hard enough to have to work all sorts of weird hours and sleep around them and I shouldn't have to listen to an overly loud muffler. There is one person in particular I have to get however--and the person drives a VW. >>

that still did not answer my question about wheter it matters if it is an import or domestic with a loud muffler.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

<<

<< I forgot to mention about the cop that I saw today.... He turned his Siren and lights on to get around traffic just to stop at a Starbucks up the road.......Again, cops can do what ever they please,,,this includes picking on us imports...... >>

I do this all the time. Did you think maybe there was some type of alarm at the Starbucks? Unless you monitor the police band and know for sure what the officer was en route to, don't go making comments like this.
>>

I didn't have to monitor the police band because I was headed to the same Starbucks....He ordered 4 coffees and jammed, still in a hurry........
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

<<

<< Those in violation will be summonsed. I'm tired of getting being woken up when I'm sleeping. It's hard enough to have to work all sorts of weird hours and sleep around them and I shouldn't have to listen to an overly loud muffler. There is one person in particular I have to get however--and the person drives a VW. >>

that still did not answer my question about wheter it matters if it is an import or domestic with a loud muffler.
>>

One can conclude through the statement "those in violation will be summonsed" includes both imports and domestics.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

<<

<<

>>

I didn't have to monitor the police band because I was headed to the same Starbucks....He ordered 4 coffees and jammed, still in a hurry........
>>

What can I say? Write to your congressman/woman if it bothers you so much.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

I do hate those super loud VW bugs(old ones*)......To this day I haven't heard of anyone on a motorcycle getting a ticket for loud exhaust...My neighbors bike is louder at idle than my car at full throttle.....Is there a different set a rules for motorcycles????
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

It doesn't bother me if a cop wants coffee, donuts, etc...Its just when I see units use their emergency lights in non-emergency situations(avoiding taffic), thats what bothers me........
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Theres all kinds of rules for motorcycles. For example, it's a big no-no to rev the engine and take off. It is unlawful in a car too, but no one really enforces that.

As for the cop using lights to avoid traffic, without speaking with him there is no way to tell what his intentions were. He may have been dispatched while en route to get the coffee, although that wouldn't have been something I would do; or he might have, as you suggested, simply been avoiding traffic. Like any other profession, a cop has a "to-do" list of things that must get done within that tour of duty. Oftentimes, we find ourselves running out of time and going against the clock. It is technically not unlawful to use the lights in that manner, it is simply against department policy.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Thanks QC!!! I didn't mean to sound negative about our local Police Department....I know they do a lot of good things for us.....Even though I got pulled over and harassed 4 my non-exhaust, I do understand the cop may have thought the car was suspicious because it was 10pm in a bad neighborhood....He didn't have to make up the exhaust though to pull me over......but again he was just trying to protect the neighborhood.....
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Actually a problem a lil while ago in lancaster... if you fight a citation the officer has to show up in court..... which he gets paid for while another officer works his route. This leads lead to to many officers getting over time for jus sittin in court fightin dummy rice cop tickets they shouldnt have given out in the first place.

Now this jus applies to a small number of officers pertaining only to those who have to show up in court.. but yeah... few bad appels in every bunch
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

an about the whole starbucks thing.. jus let them cut through traffic.. faster he is in an out.. the better prepared he is for a real call

ex. assult occurs in 5 min

1.cuts through traffic gets what he needs an is out waitin in his car for a call.. sittin in postion with min to go before assult call comes through

2.Sits in traffic then waits in line 5 min expirs an get a call while in a crowded starbucks... has to rush back to car.... pull out into traffic.... an that could add 5 min or so to his response time

Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

Yup, exactly. Overtime is given for a cop that has to sit in court for a defendant who pleads not guilty and won't accept any pleas.
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

GreenVenom is an unknown quantity at this point
fight fight fight!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2002
Registered!!

<<

<<

>>

One can conclude through the statement "those in violation will be summonsed" includes both imports and domestics.
>>

Then why is it that you rarely see domestics getting in trouble for having loud exhausts. Just imports about 90 percent of the time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TCS to loud????