General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

History Channel- History of Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001CivicChick is an unknown quantity at this point
History Channel- History of Drag Racing

Did anyone catch the History Channels show "Modern Marvels" It was on the history of drag racing. Towards the end of the show the mentioned how import racing is becoming big these days. The showed a quick clip and I saw a 2k1 civic! It was pretty cool. They also showed a clip of Lisa Kubos car. (whom by the way I met, and got her autograph, and she is awesome!) The show didn't reall focus on imports, but it was still interesting. Just thought I'd share....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

bambuski is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks, i would of liked to of seen it.
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

2001CivicEx2dr is an unknown quantity at this point
Nope didn't see it... but what I like to watch is Speedvision ( now called SpeedTV, nascar's biotch ) they have plenty of shows for us import enthusiasts... plus they show the history of sports cars and motorsports that are actually interesting, like off road racing and formula one.

2001civicchick... i saw your post on the tampa meet over in south forums... if you want you can enter your car as stock (or nearly stock) There's going to be a bunch of us there (like me) that are entering with fairly stock cars but we'll all be parked together to represent!
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
I would have loved to see that, but I'm sure it will be repeated a few times on the History Channel, (aka Hitler's Lufwaffa Channel)
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

mattymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw the end of it and it was great. The last car they had was the body of an Integra.
It was a drag car with a 4 cylinder engine. It wasn't a legal drag car because it had
nitrous but it was some car.
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep, I caught the end of it as well. That teg was running with some new kind of fuel management thing. Nitromethane was held in one tank and alcohol in another. They were experimenting with using the fuels at different times trying to get better acceleration and less engine wear. Some kind of computer was controlling the fuel. The guy had a laptop so he could change which fuel was used where and how much. Pretty cool.