General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

OEM Car alarm loud??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM Car alarm loud??

Hey I'm wondering if anyone else's OEM alarm is really loud? I have an EX Coupe and when I lock the doors and then hit em again, the alarm goes on, but the horn gives a small but loud beep. I've noticed on other cars that this isn't as loud as mine. I'm just wondering if this is normal?? Maybe I think it's odd cause my girlfriends VW has the same kind of alarm, but hers sounds like a dying duck.
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, our alarms are pretty loud... I am eventually going to upgrade my horns like ToastyGhosty..I'd link but his sites always down...
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
It's pretty loud...

And it's pretty annoying when you arm/disarm it...

But when the alarm itself goes off, it's so annoying it's bound to grab attention more than the sound of a typical aftermarket alarm which is the only reason why I like it.

There's a lot more to hate about it, though.
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I felt my horn sounded a little weak when out on the road. I got a new one from pepboys for like 16bucks and installed her. Looks like the stock one for the most part, just bigger. It's at least twice as loud as the stock one. Although, I think I am going to install an air horn in the future.

<< Hey I'm wondering if anyone else's OEM alarm is really loud? I have an EX Coupe and when I lock the doors and then hit em again, the alarm goes on, but the horn gives a small but loud beep. I've noticed on other cars that this isn't as loud as mine. I'm just wondering if this is normal?? Maybe I think it's odd cause my girlfriends VW has the same kind of alarm, but hers sounds like a dying duck. >>

The horn beeping the 2nd time you hit the lock button only sounds to verify that the doors are indeed locked. To my knowledge the only alarm on the civic is the immobilzer that doesn't allow fuel to flow to the engine if the wrong key is used or any device that doesn't have the proper code.

I usually hit the button when I am right beside the car so I hear the doors lock. I only hit it twice if I get paranoid or something.