General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Pics of our New Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point
Pics of our New Vehicle

As promised here are the Pics of our newer vehicle 2014 santa fe some of the options i can remember from the top of my head are as follows below it also came with electronic rustproofing as shown, im sure You all know what i think of that but has anyone seen this particular kind? again not that im a big fan of it and Yes it will get Krown rustproofing put on as a much better rust proofing measure for winter .

-AWD
-Leather seats
-Moon Roof
-very Quick 2.0Turbo engine
-back-up assist & camera & much more...

Pics are in Gallery to view

Last edited by brags; 09-30-2018 at 01:56 PM. Reason: having trouble uploading pics
Old 09-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pics of our New Vehicle

Nice....! brags, looks like you got a clean sata fe for driving".
Old 09-30-2018

Your spelling is wrong its pronounced santa fe

So Yeah it was either getting it or some German vehicle like an x3 from bmw or audi Q whatever its called wife had her eye on and i wasnt about to dish money out on one of those especially when i cant do simple maintenenance task on my own with-out going to a dealer yes big $$ or shop even my mechanic dont like working on them. my 2014 is comparable to a CRV of that year except mine has more options and power than the priceir CRV.
Old 09-30-2018

I Wonder what ezone thinks of the Electronic rustproofing ??

again not a big fan of it but im guessing it was installed at hyundai dealer at time of purchase.
Old 09-30-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Traitor.

Originally Posted by brags
my 2014 is comparable to a CRV of that year except mine has more options and power than the priceir CRV.
It's sorta like a Honda, but without all the quality!

I Wonder what ezone thinks of the Electronic rustproofing ??
Only seen a couple, and the cars were too new to even think about rust.

I expect the first place to start rust is where they drive a self drilling screw through the sheet metal for the units ground wire.
Old 09-30-2018

Originally Posted by ezone
Traitor.

It's sorta like a Honda, but without all the quality!

Only seen a couple, and the cars were too new to even think about rust.

I expect the first place to start rust is where they drive a self drilling screw through the sheet metal for the units ground wire.

LOL ezone i still have my 8th gen Civic this One is replacing wifes murano thats all...and Yes it drives as good if not better than a honda.!
Old 09-30-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

I went the Mazda CX-5 route (hip replacement a month ago, so needed a tall, automatic car)
cheaper than equivalent CR-V, no CVT
Old 09-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Your spelling is wrong its pronounced santa fe

So Yeah it was either getting it or some German vehicle like an x3 from bmw or audi Q whatever its called wife had her eye on and i wasnt about to dish money out on one of those especially when i cant do simple maintenenance task on my own with-out going to a dealer yes big $$ or shop even my mechanic dont like working on them. my 2014 is comparable to a CRV of that year except mine has more options and power than the priceir CRV.

good move me i would never buy a german vehicle my sister in-law owned a audi A4 she paid alot for it new sudenly right after the warranty expired it developed a knock in the engine she took it back to audi and they told here her warranty had expired this was a new vehicle bought at audi serviced regularly at audi with only 12.000 k"s after warranty exp! thats how audi handles people that buy there vehicles and pay to get it serviced there when it developes a big problem and your just out of warranty your out of luck they turn there backs on you without any care..
Old 09-30-2018

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
I went the Mazda CX-5 route (hip replacement a month ago, so needed a tall, automatic car)
cheaper than equivalent CR-V, no CVT
Smart move on not getting one with a CVT. i have always heard from mechanics that CVT transmissions are weak even with the best maintenenance
they can break at any time with out any notice
Old 09-30-2018

Originally Posted by rogerscivic
good move me i would never buy a german vehicle my sister in-law owned a audi A4 she paid alot for it new sudenly right after the warranty expired it developed a knock in the engine she took it back to audi and they told here her warranty had expired this was a new vehicle bought at audi serviced regularly at audi with only 12.000 k"s after warranty exp! thats how audi handles people that buy there vehicles and pay to get it serviced there when it developes a big problem and your just out of warranty your out of luck they turn there backs on you without any care..
Yeah i would never buy a German vehicle either, German vehicles in there home land are domestic vehicles and affordable to own in there Country but in Canada there imports and are more to mantaine and repaire too... the thing i dont like is there not mantenance friendly vehicles for the dyi'r take for example 2012 bmw X3 to change something as simple as spark plugs its a big task. your removing wipers ,cowl ,moving other wires undoing this and that and then you have to remember once your done where everything goes back. removing the air

filter is also not easy and some what of a task and audis? that have a Electronic Parking brake switch for parking sounds nice? but when You need software hooked up to release the elctronic E Parking brake so you can pull offf the rear brake rotors on a brake job im soory thats Just plane retarted.! or on the higher end audis with all the tiny little Leds in the front looks nice until a bulb burns out and guess what? your takeing off the front bumper to get access to replacing the burnt out bulb again retarted ! Youtube it