General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Went to work for Honda

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Readypro is an unknown quantity at this point
Went to work for Honda

I've had a ton of Honda's and have had a lot of sales experience. So, I thought why not work for them! HA!

Yesterday was my first day as a sales person. The company was Power Honda of Oregon (not gonna mention what town).

1) They promise me a computer, phone, and desk. I get a right hand return propped up with a file cabinet for a desk. No Phone, oh, and I have to buy a laptop.

2) All training will be done on personal time.

3) My boss led me around the facility, introduced me to the Shop Manger, where he told me a family member of my last name, was wild (ahem) if you know what I mean, and then asked me if I was the same. My new boss just looked at me. Im like, Am I being hit on by the service manager dude? (not that there is anything wrong with that!) YES THERE IS!

For four hours I bit my tongue, and then after a short but polite discussion with the management, I walked. It was absolutely the shortest job I have ever had. And, after being on this planet 50 years, I thought I had seen it all.

My interview with Ford is next week. My Civic is already up for sale.
Old 05-01-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Went to work for Honda

Went to work for Honda
By the title of the post I thought maybe you landed a cushy gig with Honda at the corporate level or maybe at a car building plant....

Then I read the post.....

You went to work for a lousy freekin dealership, not Honda.
You could probably sue for harassment already.

Keep the Civic, it'll probably be a better car than most of the Fords in the long run. Just swap plate frames to your new employers so it looks like you might have bought it there.

Best of luck to you at any rate, hope the next place works out better.
(Just remember, 'those people' can land jobs damn near everywhere!)
Old 05-02-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Went to work for Honda

Ha ha, that is horrid, yet comedic.