General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

got a $70 ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pr0ph37 is an unknown quantity at this point
got a $70 ticket

lisen to this **** i was on my way home from school just nowand a 5-0 gives me a speeding ticket. 72 in a 55. i was speedin up a little so i could change lanes without cuting some dude off. and a Fing unmarked state troper pulls me over so im like oh **** and pull over. yo came up and said and i quote'you were doing 72 in a 55 can i have your licens and regstration ill be with you in just a minute' and he had like a i knew id get you attitued.then he comes back with a sitation. the hole time he had like a attitude twoard me. no affence quick but I HATE COPS!
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
You admitted you were going 72 in a 55. That's speeding in my book. It's illogical to hate someone for doing their job. I also say "license, reg and insurance," it's standard procedure and not meant to be an "attitude." If you had to do 72 in a 55 to overtake a car would also be an unsafe lane change in my book. Plead not guilty if you don't think you deserved it; it's your right, but you can't hate someone for doing what they are paid to do.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

DogstyleEX is an unknown quantity at this point
hey qck, aren't unmarked police cars illegal in NY? what's the policy on that because i heard in some states it's illegal or that you don't have to pull over for them.. thanks
Old 05-06-2002

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Amen.
Old 05-06-2002

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
DogStyle: That's been discussed on this board before. It -is- legal for unmarked cars to make traffic stops.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

MikeyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Unmarked police cars aren't illegal. In fact, they are a valuable tool in some departments. Unmarked cars are there for a reason, to enforce laws. When people see marked police cars, they tend to be on their "best behavior". An unmarked car is there to catch you off guard. I was driving along side an unmarked car Saturday night (with moving radar I believe!) and we were doing 15 MPH over the limit. (65 MPH in a 50 MPH zone). No one was driving carelessly or crazy, so the cop didn't pull anyone over.

Just my $.02.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

I drive both slick top and unmarked cars in my department in New York State. The deal with unmarked units in New York is that the New York State police may not make a traffic stop in an unmarked car unless it is a serious situation. They got around that by using a "slick-top" car, which has hidden strobes, no overhead light bar, and no markings except on the sides of the car. They have pretty much the same effect as an unmarked car, you really don't see it in traffic until it is too late. My agency as well as the NYPD, etc., all use unmarked cars for various purposes. I would not recommend not stopping...if you see red lights and hear a siren, pull over. The officer will be in full uniform or if plainclothes, will display a shield and a photo identification. If you are not comfortable, request a marked unit.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

Hey QCK,

What's the deal with moving radar? Like can it zap in both directions (front & back), how accurate, etc... I was real intrigued the other night, but not enough to be pulled over by it. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

I will try and take some pictures of it tonight if I happen to be assigned to a radar car. How it works is there is an antenna on both the back and the front. Sometimes they are mounted on the dash and deck, other times they are mounted on the rear drivers side window on the outside. You can only work one antenna at once, by pressing "FRONT," or "BACK." You simply drive with traffic and as people pass you it zaps them. It can also get opposing lanes as well, and there is also a feature (that I usually use) called "fastest lane" which does that--picks out the fastest car. You can tell what car the unit is zapping by the beeping noise. On a nice day, I'll sometimes park and get out with a hand-held laser unit.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

That's interesting... As always, thanks for the info.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

pr0ph37 is an unknown quantity at this point
im pleading guilty qck not guilty is just more truble then its worth. ive been pulled over once befor and the cop didnt have a attitude or any thing. im just saying this guy did and if he was going to give me a ticket he could have been a little nicer about it. i know your a cop and all but if you weren't how would you feel if yu got a slaped with a $70 ticket? like i said befor its nothing personal.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
No offense to you bro, but quit your b!tch!ng. You were speeding, so take the ticket. You admitted it and the cop was just doing his job. Sorry to be so harsh and please dont take what I said offensivly, but some people need to grow up.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

Toad is an unknown quantity at this point
wtf it was only $70? You should be thanking the cop... I'm pretty sure its more than $70 for doing 72 in a 55... thats more than 15 over.. stop complaining
the cop was b*tchy with you cause you were ENDANGERING other people... geez
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

RunawaySoul is an unknown quantity at this point
You're complaining about $70?

1st ticket = pulled going 96 in a 50, got $150 fine plus my rights read to me and search/seizure
2nd ticket = 80 in 70, got $150 fine
3rd ticket = 80 in 55, got $149.75 fine
4th ticket = 78 in 70, $70 fine
5th ticket = 65 in 45, pulled double crossing during school zone, $75 fine
6th ticket = 60 in 45, $70 fine

I have no points on my record, and nothing on my insurance. Will I get pulled over again? Heck yeah. I don't give a rat's butt. Only had 2 tickets in last 4 years though. Slowing down my pace. Probably been pulled over 30 times or so but only received a warning, not all for speeding.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, I thought I had alot of problems. Ive been pulled over over 15 times and given around 6 tickets, but I think you just topped my list.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

I was never once pulled over until I became a cop. Go figure.
Old 05-06-2002
spoiledsteph

ok i gotta question....here in cali we have volunteer police....which are really just bored old people driving in police and highway patrol cars. the lights are covered, and it says volunteer all over. my ?? is this, can they pull you over for anything?
Old 05-06-2002
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
there goes insurance rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

Volunteer/Auxiliary cops are encouraged to contact the on duty officers through the radio if they see something. I suppose if the car has lights they can use them, though. A reserve officer, however, has the same powers as a regular officer and can summons and arrest and does carry a firearm.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

DogstyleEX is an unknown quantity at this point
qck.. you are the f. ing man Chock full of usefull information..[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]