General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abawade is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Radio Problems

I posted this in another forum, but didn't get it resolved so I am going to try it here.
I have a 4 door 2007 Civic Si. I can not get it to prompt me to enter the radio code. I have removed Pos & Neg cables, removed under dash fuse #35 (ACC Radio), removed under hood fuse #17 (Audio Amp) & #23 (Back Up). Let sit for 15 minutes. Reinstalled all fuses. Attached positive cable first. Installed Neg cable last. Turned key to I or II position, don't remember, but I didn't start the engine. Turned the radio on and it just comes on. Does not ask for the code.
I want to reenter the code to see it will fix some problems that I am experiencing since I had the clutch replaced. Everything was working fine before that. I will try to explain them all.
(1) The three chrome buttons across the center of the radio do not work like they should. Left should be AM/FM, center should be CD and right should be XM/AUX on the "B" type radio without navigation. This is the radio I have and it has not been changed from factory. My radio acts exactly as though it is the "A" type radio which was only put in the LX models. Left button only selects AM, center button cycles through FM1, FM2, etc.. and the button on the right selects CD/AUX. If I had XM I would not be able to get to it.
(2) Next, the Tune folder button that cycles through Balance/Fader does not have the sound level setting in it any more to adjust the volume of the rear factory Sub.
(3) And last, I can not customize the welcome message that displays on the radio screen anymore. My book says this is only available on the 4 door Si, so not many people are familiar with it.

Any ideals?