General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Craigslist/Ebay find thread!

Old 02-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Craigslist/Ebay find thread!

Here's how it works,

If your chillin out on ebay or craigslist and see a wicked deal or something cool that you want to share with the group here, post up a link with a few words about what you saw. It could be a rice bucket car, a killer modified car, rare part or just an amazingly good deal; it doesn't even need to be car related.

Be smart about this though guys, if your planning on buying the item you post up wait until transaction has been completed. The last thing we need is members fighting, because someone scooped a deal from another member.

Also, do not post something that you see on ebay and think is a good deal if it has 6 days left!

Last edited by MindBomber; 02-09-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Craigslist/Ebay find thread!

I'll start, but no links or pics as of yet.
I bought a k20a3 with an extra head and a pile of extra parts for $100 off craigslist. It came from an EP3 owner who swapped to a k24a2.

My rims were $120 off craigslist; they have a bit of curbage but came with 90% tires. It was an older guy who actually delivered them to me from an hour away, he said that he told his son to get his wheels out of his garage, but he didn't so he took the initiative to sell them.

This is the story of the father telling his son he sold his rims through smilies.
Son:
Son:
Father:
Father:
Father and son:
Son:
Son to Father:
Son:
Father:
Old 02-09-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

what? did you get 02civicsi02 engine?
(countdown for off-topic reply in off-topic forum to be deleted: 5... 4... 3... 2...)
Old 02-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

haha no, the k20 was a local sale.

do you really think that we'd delete an off-topic post here?
Your forgetting, this is the friendliest and most off-topic Honda forum there is!
Old 02-09-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MindBomber
do you really think that we'd delete an off-topic post here?
Your forgetting, this is the friendliest and most off-topic Honda forum there is!
I am still not banned, right? that answers the question
too much work, brain is mush at night
Old 02-09-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Damn 02civicsi02 swapped in the K24?I know he got it last year,but I haven't seen his thread on it.Is the K20 in your Civic MindBomber?
Old 02-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Not yet, picking it up in a day or two since the seller is on a business trip then starting a bottom up rebuild before it goes in.

I have big plans, a big credit card bill eventually too, but that will be discussed in an upcoming thread. Basically, this motor will be a long term project that will likely see more than one chassis owned by me.
Old 02-09-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

that will likely see more than one chassis owned by me.
CRV? 4WD conversion DIY

Last edited by sdaidoji; 02-09-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
CRV? 4WD conversion DIY
haha I wouldn't even consider attempting that if I didn't have $15k and a fully equipped shop. I wonder what happened to our prior AWD conversion dreamer?
Old 02-09-2011
Registered!!

KaiserS is an unknown quantity at this point

found a discount coupon for the 2011 Civic at easycardiscount.com while looking for reviews
it sounds good and looks legit but is it true? car discount coupons for $700 for free? whats the catch?
anyone use them before?
Old 02-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Go ask the dealership if they'll honor it, they're common around here.
Old 02-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marcopolo4444
www.easycardiscount.com not only is legit but it saved me a lot on a Jetta 2001 TDI that I got for my wife. I got the coupon of the www.easycardiscount.com website I got in touch with the dealer and in no time I had the deal done, no hassle and best of all lots of savings. Prior to get the discount coupon from www.easycardiscount.com I have shopped around and when I was asking dealears about discount they were laughing at me saying that 2011 Civic it is such a hot selling car that they only sale at full price. Guess what? I got a discount at www.easycardiscount.com ,so use them at any time not only big saving with the discount coupon also very good service.
M.P
F**king CL scammers! Too stupid too realize where the real money is. It's like you mention CL and here they come out of their holes.
Old 02-10-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

bahhh! hate you mindbomb, now we can't be friends! k20! JK.

my 17's with 90% tred were $300, craiglist, i saw cheaper but i liked the five spoke look.

my megnaflow cat. back, craigslist $150 (mint condition perfect chrome). new they're like over $350.

e-mange blue, with harness (s2k =( ) and software $300 form craigslist. would have been a good deal but now i have to add $100 for a civic harness.
Old 02-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

^Haha I knew you'd be jealous, it needs a lot of work though so it won't be swapped in for quite some time. Even if I parted it out though I could sell the parts individually for a least 3-4x what I paid.

Are you going to sell the s2k harness?
Old 02-10-2011
Registered!!

Speed9117 will become famous soon enough

I found a new in the box revo short shifter for $20 and DC sports short shift adapter for $15 on craigslist.

I just got both because they were so cheap.
Old 02-10-2011

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

^Haha I knew you'd be jealous, it needs a lot of work though so it won't be swapped in for quite some time. Even if I parted it out though I could sell the parts individually for a least 3-4x what I paid.

Are you going to sell the s2k harness?

ya i'll get around to it. do you need one for the k20, does the s2k ecu use the same pins as the k20? if so i'd sell it to yu for like half price cause i know yu, $50 or maybe if you had something to trade we could do that, if the harness even works with the k.
Old 02-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by mac25
ya i'll get around to it. do you need one for the k20, does the s2k ecu use the same pins as the k20? if so i'd sell it to yu for like half price cause i know yu, $50 or maybe if you had something to trade we could do that, if the harness even works with the k.
K series motors have a different harness I believe, plus I'm going with hondata once I can afford it.
Old 02-10-2011
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

i think i got ya'll beat. i bought a set of 17 inch rims. with so so tires. for 30 bucks. they are 5 lug but **** 30 bucks? no cracks no bent rims 2 good tires 2 bald. all hold air. and i may have something better. but i have to wait till sat to tell ya'll lol
Old 02-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Post pics of your $30 rims!
Old 02-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Holy ****!

K20a2 JDM front EF, with a lot of after-market goodies.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...200533233.html
Old 02-10-2011
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

there
Old 02-10-2011
Registered!!

i gave up on trying to upload the actual rims so i just found the style online lol.
Old 02-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

2005 NSX with 1500 original miles!
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Acura-NSX-/150557...item230de9a018
Old 02-11-2011
TRUST me! I'm Idiot Proof!

BobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura about

Thats a sweet effing car Mindbomber, even comes with factory TAPE player!! WTF were they thinking?!

Do they still make those? NSX's?
Old 02-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

No, NSX production has stopped.

There was a V10 Ferrari killer NSX in concept stages, but the idea was scrapped when the economy tanked. Honda executives are continually insisting the NSX is dead and not coming back now..
Old 02-11-2011
TRUST me! I'm Idiot Proof!

BobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like there prepping for a comeback, ala camero...
Old 02-11-2011

i want a production hsv!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Mac and I definitely can't be friends anymore after this pick-up..

A set of almost new RSX H&R lowering springs for $50, plus a few suspension parts that he included in the box.
Name:  IMG00222-20110212-1713.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  63.1 KB
Old 02-12-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

H&R... they not well known in the miata world... hope they hold up well...
Old 02-12-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I've heard lots of good things about H&R over the years. I'm fairly confident that they'll hold up well, but if not then they were cheap enough that it won't be a huge loss.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Craigslist/Ebay find thread!