General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Update... on block work!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prankster01EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Update... on block work!!!

So the quote was bad, if anyone read my thread about overboring. He qouted a grand, but wanted to charge me 2000, so what are ya gonna do. However, I still had to pull my head for some work, so why not beef it up??? Well I took the stock head to the machine shop, they milled it, ported/polished ( kind of... in so many words they had to clean it with a steel brush because of the realationship to the work, so they went ahead an shaved a little extra at no cost, and on specs to precision angles... looks beautiful.) I have to run 89 or better octane though, because of the milling, so that kind of sucks, but it kicked my compression up to 11:1, give or take a little, and the kind of port and polish gave me about 10+ hp. I'll dyno it and let you know. Also got a full valve job, and all I need now is cam gears, and the unorthodox SS pulley and I'm in buisness. I manually dynoed with some old school mechanics, before the work with I/H/E, and it hit right at about 154 I think??? I can't find the sheet, but I'm gonna pay the good money to seed where I stand now. Oh and all this only costs 400+ give or take 50, if you can find the gasket set for cheap ( 156.00 ) Well when I get it dynoed I'll let you know. And just to let you guys think about something. If I would have had the money I could have replaced the pump, line, and injectors... And gained a few more... OHHHHHH WELLLL... So, I know it was a long post but what do you think??? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-23-2002
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
isn't that compression ratio of 11:1 a little bit high for running your T3/T4 hybrid?
Old 04-23-2002
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
running 11:1 compretion is really high for a turbo car. u can run a turbo with it but you wont be able to run alot of boost with it.
Old 04-23-2002
Registered!!

Prankster01EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya I gave up on the turbo, I've decided to make this all engine fun, 11:1 is high, but I don't plan on running the turbo. I have finished the setup with my buddies, but my friend joe ran into a problem when he installed the fuel line, they don't match up perfectly with the injectors so there is a fuel leak, and he can't even start the car, but he plans on modding the stock civic line with a drill bit, crazy bastard... and it doesn't run good fuel off of the stock line, you run too lean, even with the pump. Oh well I'll smoke him, he only runs his turbo at 2 or 3 psi, I can't remember, but it looks ugly anyway, cause he's too broke to afford the real piping so he runs his pipes with aluminum ducting from home depot, HAAAAAA !!!! I bet I can smoke him now, and I'll take all that stuff off my sig, but besides that what do you think??? Oh and I'm sure someone will want to flame the dyno wasn't from the wheels either so I might have gained 7 to the wheels w/ the I/H/E... l8tA
Old 04-24-2002
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
Hey will you sell your trubo componets?????????? I have everything but a manafold
Old 04-24-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Hum... Interesting. Sounds nice though. I wish I had the tools to do this kind of work myself. ::sigh:: [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Any pics?