General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Car egging question... and police no help.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2K1SilverHX is an unknown quantity at this point
Car egging question... and police no help.....

Check this out:

I'm sitting at a light and another civic (96-98) decides they want to race me, I just ignored them (figured I'd loose, it appeared to be a ex).... anyways. We end up at a stop sign by my house. I go to turn right (to go to my house) and I hear something hit my car.... I jet home (about 5 houses away) to get a flashlight, it was 1:30am, and the bastards threw an egg at my car.... I'm a little pissed now[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG], so I decide to go look for the losers. I knew they ended up going straight at the stop sign. I go the direction they went for about 5 miles, nothing... At that point I was flammed I didn't get have any info other than a white civic. I start heading home and lo and behold the f*c*ing morons are pulled over off the side of the road egging a street sign.... I call the police and inform them that my car was egged and I was trying to get the plate number for them, so they can deal with this crap. I turn around, as they are pulling away in their car... I follow a little ways back and the car pulled into a condo parking lot... I drive by, wait about 1 minute and go back (so they didn't know it was me) and got the plate number... I give it to the dispatcher (on the phone) and they tell me that all of their officers are busy and that they will send someone over to the area, but it won't be for "a while".... So now I'm really flammed[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG], all that effort and the will send someone in "a while"... IS THIS NORMAL??? This is the reason those little bastards get away with that crap. I head home to grab my camera to take a pic of the car. I go back and it's gone... ARGH!!! For any Officers on this sight... what's the deal??? What if anything will/could happen to these morons?

Any answers would be appreciated[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

emmagatorone is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, seeing as how you're in Cali and it would be considered a millacious mischief case, it probably wasn't as important to them as it would be a robbery, murder, etc.... They probably WERE busy. Hopefully they'll get around to it! Just my take on things!
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
time to go with street justice! hehe j/k, still i would've jerked off and jizzed all over their car hahahaha oh wait, white on white.. nm.
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

black is an unknown quantity at this point
see, once again cops rather spend their time handing citations for "infractions" instead serving & protecting.
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point

<< see, once again cops rather spend their time handing citations for "infractions" instead serving & protecting. >>

God this crap again.....

Police have better more important things to do in a city like San Diego than come rushing in when some brats throw eggs
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

Duckor is an unknown quantity at this point
i would have went to the car and busted all their windows[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-13-2002
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
You should have stopped a convenience store and picked up a dozen eggs yourself. Went back and unloaded. F*CKING PUNK KIDS.
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point

<< see, once again cops rather spend their time handing citations for "infractions" instead serving & protecting. >>

Black, as far as I know, you are not a police officer and possess no official law enforcement background, so please don't tell "us" what we'd rather do.

2k1SilverHx, I'm sorry an officer wasn't available to respond to your situation. You still, however, have a remedy, and a very good one at that. First, go to the police precinct/substation that is in your area that had jurisdiction over where this incident occured. Inform the desk officer that you wish to file a police report and sign a "supporting affidavit" about what happened. This will allow you to write out an official account of what occured, and it will sound something like--"While operating my vehicle on ______ at approximately ______ I observed a ________ license plate __________ throw from his/her vehicle what appeared to be eggs." Before you sign the document, something will be added to the effect of "I would like the subject(s) responsible for this arrested." You will then sign and date the document. It will be forwarded to a detective or investigating officer, who will first start by running the license plate of the vehicle and contacting that party. It will go from there. This is how my department handles it, and the individual always ends up arrested. I strongly advise you to follow this procedure, and to request an arrest-----it is a crime. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Old 04-13-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point

<< You should have stopped a convenience store and picked up a dozen eggs yourself. Went back and unloaded. F*CKING PUNK KIDS. >>

i would've done that too! actually, i would've unloaded a dozen of eggs top with some mayo and some bread crums
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

Perfectcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
My car got egged 3 times saturday while it was sitting parked and the damn eggs put scratches on it
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
F*ck the police, they have donuts to eat. Smash out the window of that freaking Civic and set the motha on fire!
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

<< F*ck the police, they have donuts to eat. Smash out the window of that freaking Civic and set the motha on fire! >>

WTF? Who do you think you are to make a comment like that? Great idea, I'm sure it'll be fun to smash the window out of a car and then set it on fire...let's see, that's felony criminal mischief, and felony arson...I really doubt that's the kind of assistance 2k1Silver is looking for....as for the donuts, sorry, we don't really eat them anymore...Grow up.
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Well hes my $0.02

I believe in the whole "Eye for an Eye ...." thing so i guess my first instinct would be to go and do the same to them, only worse. But looking at the other side of the coin, if you file a report on them then it will be on record and the next time they get caught for stuff like that they can use that against them and have charges laid. Plus the next person they do it to will be glad you did that. As for the whole Cop & Dounut thing I dont think thats a big deal anymore, some of them on on the whole health kick thing now, he he..... J/K QCKSILVR.
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

The report will actually result in an arrest, it's not just for police information, if you request an arrest and sign a statement based upon your observations, the police will make it...I think that really screws someone much more than breaking their windows and lighting their car on fire.

Crashoveride, yeah we're into bagels now, donuts are unhealthy.
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

JBlazeVA is an unknown quantity at this point
screw all the haters out there....i'm not trying to be thinking i'm all that or anything, but all i'ma say is that they are just jealous of your car
Old 04-13-2002
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
I was driving to work at 5:30am one morning, it was pitch black and i hear a something smack my car. I kept driving because i thought it was a walnut or a twig falling from the overhanging trees. when i got to the nex intersection, i could see by the streetlights that an egg had hit the side of my car. I went back to look for them and there was another motorist alredy there looking for them too. Never found 'em though. It scratched the paint and that black plastic around the window! Bastards[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

pleasejoe is an unknown quantity at this point
"eye for an eye" is not the way to go man. the best way for anyone to pay is through the law. think about it, u dont get in trouble, and if the crime is serious enuff, they going to get ****-justice or a fine. how would u like it if your friends flip sum dude off in YOUR car and u payed for it. when it comes to damaging or stealing personal properties, i stand against it. everyone just stop the revenge and hating crap!!!
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

01IncaPearl is an unknown quantity at this point

<< You should have stopped a convenience store and picked up a dozen eggs yourself. Went back and unloaded. F*CKING PUNK KIDS. >>

Thats what I would of done.
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

MexMike is an unknown quantity at this point

<< they going to get ****-justice >>

Good one Pleasejoe![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] I agree w/ QckSilvr, call the police, but if that does not work take some bologna and some sucked on jolly ranchers and put them on those idiots car. Show them to mess with a 2k1!
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

2cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Well looks like I'm the only other one that is in SD. I'm sorry that happened personally i probably would have followed them and taken care of **** myself but I have a nasty temper. As far as SDPD is concerned they get where they need to be VERY fast. I have had to call them to my house a few times and they were there in like seconds. They probably were busy with something that takes more presedence. I know to you it was very important and it seems like they don't give a **** but they will do their thing especially if you give the plate number. What city you live in 2K1SilverHX
I know that they have had the egging problem in El Cajon but luckily not where I live.
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
never mind [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-13-2002
Registered!!

devilvtec is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks, the police will get to it, even though it may seem like they don't care, most of them really mean well, if they act like jerks it's because they have to put up with little punks like that. If they don't get to it, find those punks and superglue nickels over the keyholes on the door or weld the door shut. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a real shame that so many people on this site want to bash cops as much as they do. You won't be thinking that way when you have to call them for something serious. I'd like you tell a cop he is a doughnut eating pig right as he's filling out your stolen car report, or even worse someone breaking into your home. What you guys really need to understand is that there is hierachy of "importance" when it comes to calls. Its not like the dispacther just says "anyone in the area of 123 South Ave there are some kids throwing eggs". Cops are assigned to a specific area and are dispacthed to non-priority calls when they become available. If all cops in your area are on a call such as a traffic stop, DUI, robbery etc.. they are not going to drop what they are doing and come blazing with lights and siren to your egg call. You did the right thing and as much as you could do and should have done. Going for "street justice" is a bad idea, you have no clue what those guys were capable of, what weapons they had etc.. They were obviously looking for trouble and you don't want to add fuel to a fire. On the other hand, even though a cop didn't come to you personally it doesn't mean that the dispatcher didn't issue a BOLO (be on the lookout) for the car you described. The dispatcher probably already ran the tag and found the home address of the registered owner to pass onto an officer when he/she becomes available. To be perfectly honest, kids throwing eggs is not a high priority call. Do as QCKSILVER suggested and file your affidavit with the PD. They will follow through with it. It will be assigned to an officer just as a normal call and they will have to act on it. They don't get to pick and choose which calls they want to respond to. Just my suggestion to everyone, be careful about what you say and who you direct it to. You have no clue who is affiliated with law enforcement on this site, and the person you are bashing one day may be the one to save your life the next.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
the call probably got less priority for immediate response because you did get the license plate number. that means they know who did it so they can deal with it whenever they have the time. its a good thing you didnt do anything to their car after reporting it because they could have just done the same thing and reported you
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a real nasty temper, and i don't think i could hold myself off until the police arrived. I've been known for throwing popcans at punks and coke bottles. But good thing i play golf and golfballs really do come in handy sometimes. And if i need additional weaponry, there's my golfclubs in my trunk and my 3 feet steel pipe on my driver side panel. Maybe i need anger management, but sorry i have ZERO tolerance for stupid, ignorant punk @$$ drivers who think they're sh|t.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

01IncaPearl is an unknown quantity at this point

<< i have ZERO tolerance for stupid, ignorant punk @$$ drivers who think they're sh|t. >>

Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
N00dle boy:
You may want to check the laws in your particular state. In Florida that steel pipe is considered a deadly weapon just as a gun is. You could be charged with carrying a concealed weapon under certain circumstances.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Everything Kevin says is correct. The second the police are done cuffing the people that damaged your car, you will be next if you resort to attacking someone excessively if you are not in danger. Get the plate and call 911.