General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Time to say bye bye civic

Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AngryPig is an unknown quantity at this point
Time to say bye bye civic

Well, yesterday I went to a Dodge dealer and now I will be a owner of a black dodge neon srt-4. I only went there to get some info on pricing and when they will become available. Well lets just say he made, actually, she made me an offer I couldnt refuse. They paid off my civic completely and all I have to do is keep paying the payments I'm paying now but now it goes to Dodge. Its coming out in like 6 months or something like that so in reality I'm making like a 2500.00 downpayment on the neon, and when I get the neon they will just sale the civic. Well thats it. It pays to have good credit[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

emmagatorone is an unknown quantity at this point
and a nice down payment!
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

JBlazeVA is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

ALLMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, but are you starting back to ground zero on your "Loan Payments"...i.e....if you've been paying for a year now on a 4 year loan...then you start back to the 4 year mark...and keeping the same payments...then the offer is not all that good especially for $2500 down....for every 1000 dollars down is approx. $20 off of your payment!.........so you should have kept your same payment with "NO MONEY DOWN"!!....that would have been a better deal. Trust me,...the offer you couldn't refuse....was still a profitable margin on the dealer's end!!!.....but if you haven't been paying long on your car...the deal is somwhat better given you haven't had to pay to much intrest back yet.....well,... now that I think about it.... are the MSRP's the same????...hmmmm probably not.....I was thinking in my head that the cars where equal in MSRP..........well anyway..I'll stop.....GOOD LUCK!!...Peace![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

Actually I dont even have a licence plate on my car yet, I got the civic with no downpayment at 4.9% apr with a 320.00 monthly payment, I dont remember the exact amount, since they actually paid the car off in full , I only made one payment to Honda. I got the car far lower price then normally, my dad is friends with the dealership. So the srt-4 is going to sell for a little over 20,000 once it hits the dealership, I have to go back to the dealer today to lock in the exact amount I'm going to pay for the car. The woman promised me my new monthly payments when I receive the car will be only somewhat higher than what I pay for the civic. So I believe I also win, since the 2500.00 it may be more would really be like a pre-order payment. But, now your making me think that I'm bending over for this chick. It sounded right when I was there. I can back out since I havent signed the papers yet, that happens today. But man, 2.4l turbo inline 4, how can I pass that up.
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

Machina is an unknown quantity at this point
If it ain't a Viper, it ain't worth driving a Dodge.........
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

I would have to disagree with that comment. The engine deseign is pretty sound I have also looked at the spec sheet for the new tranny and it is also strong. The car was actually 225hp and 258lb ft torque. They openly admit that they detuned it for insurance purposes. 0-60 in 5.9 secs. and its a turbo car, I will only be a intake and turbo-back away from 30 extra horses probably more from a 2.4. A neon is already a great handling car, and this one will only be better.
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point

<< If it ain't a Viper, it ain't worth driving a Dodge......... >>

Old 04-05-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Vizyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't say that I agree with your decision, but I can't hate on you either. . .Best of luck with your new ride.
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

Jochij is an unknown quantity at this point
i think ur decision is a good one if u rather go with performance than looks. the car should be a good fast car to have but the it looks like crap in my opinion. good luck with the new car.
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
have fun taking it in to the shop

and, yes, i know.... my sister owned a neon and knew the mechanics by first name
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
I personally don't agree with your decision, IMO Neons have a poor history. Anyway you stated that SHE made you an offer the you can't refuse. (pretty bad when a salesman is begging for customers) 1st Rule when buying a car, the offer that the dealer gives you is NEVER a good one. If you really want to buy it, then great, go for it. But you have to keep in mind, there are lots of "hiddens" in auto paperwork. Especially with a trade-in. Dealers have a habbit of talking about monthly payments because that's what you want to hear. "Yah, I can get you payments for what you paying now". You owe 12,000 on your car, then give you 8,000 for it and tack on the other 4,000 on your new loan (but yah, they paid off your old car). Your payments may stay the same but you might also be paying for 6-years. Check out the paperwork throuroughly, once you sign its too late!!. You will also have much better luck selling your car yourself. Dealers NEVER loose money on a trade, they may say they'll give you full trade-in value, but the selling price of your new car will be a factor.
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
Make sure you get that 7yr warranty they are offering. You'll probably need it for a neon. The SR/T 4 looks good except for that spoiler they put on it(why?), and it could beat the living **** out of our cars. Good luck and hopefully you won't have the problems with neons that some of my friends have had.
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

Grifter is an unknown quantity at this point
I say good luck... neons realy arnt that bad.. get one made properly wont have many problems (friends is 96 65,000 no probs so far).. however is you have prob right off the bat... expect to have those problems all the time... if that happens I'd trade it for somethign else before you spend to much money fixin it... this day in age most cars are pretty reliable.. given you dont run them into the ground.. its a fast ride exspecially off the start... as far as looks go they have a pretty good groundaffects aftermarket following... an creating your own individual style shouldnt be to tuff... come back in a lil while let us know how it is once you get it..
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

ALLMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Also a good rule of thumb....is.....

1. Keep the trade-in of a car "COMPLETLEY SEPERATE" from the deal on the "NEW" car....never intermingle(sp) the two transactions
2. Research the "TRUE" market value of your car...and if they don't meet your standards..WALK AWAY!!!!..period!!!
3. And yes there are "hidden" costs!!!!..or should I say costs that they''OooooPPPPSSS for got to mention upfront...!!
Old 04-05-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
ugg yeah I have seen the new Neon SRT-4 and yeah its fast and all but forget dodge in general unless its the viper. See so many problems with neons and I have no respect for them, they may be faster with the SRT-4 than my car but haha I will still look better stylin in my civic while I drive by the neon that is crapped out [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Yeah better get the extended warranty when you buy that if they even sell it LOL

Nick
Old 04-06-2002
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate car dealers. Honda Canada is introducing a one-price policy next year so that will be the end to the haggling shizz. (except for the trad-in).
Old 04-06-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Ugh! I just took a look at it on the Dodge site. Looks like a four door VW bug. Too rounded for my taste. The performance to price ratio is nice however.
Old 04-07-2002
Registered!!

Todd1 is an unknown quantity at this point
shouldve kept the honda.... youll find out later!!!!!
Old 04-07-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Why didn't you get or what turned you off about the new si?
Old 04-07-2002
Registered!!

Unomyname is an unknown quantity at this point
bad decision making...cmon...it doesnt sound like that great of a deal...allman has a point..plus HONDA...then all the problems with DODGE NEONS...i know we drive civics and some say they are girl cars...but them neons are just down right sissy...ok it might be faster but ill stick with the looks and reliability...