General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Dealership damaged my fiances car.....any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
link97381 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dealership damaged my fiances car.....any advice?

My fiance just bought a 2007 Aveo with 14000 miles two days ago and we dropped it off at the dealer ship to fix a recall, a problem with the passenger seat air bag sensor, detail it, and remove a tiny dent in the passenger side door. One of their employees backed into it and caused damage to the driver side fender and door. Do you have any tips on making sure we're not loosing anything in value or a shotty repair job? We're already planning on going to take pictures in the morning and when they are done fixing it we are thinking of getting a second opinion on the repair job. Is there anything else we should do or ask for?
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Re: Dealership damaged my fiances car.....any advice?

my dealership employs mexicans to carwash our customers' cars (owners get free carwash for life)... I swear they mac a car per month.

But when a customer orders or wants a factory body kit put on their car, we keep their old bumpers & sideskirts, in case they dont want the kit anymore or returning for lease end. So we just swap those spare parts, but we do let the owners know the carwash guys fvcked up. Owners prefer it since its so hard to get a good paint match.

I dont know if Chevy or your dealership does that.
Old 05-22-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Re: Dealership damaged my fiances car.....any advice?

I would only pick it up on a nice sunny day so you can see the quality of work before picking up the car.