General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Here's what you get for living south of the border.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Exclamation Here's what you get for living south of the border.

Canadian Civic Si: $26,680
U.S.A. Civic EX: $18,710

Canadian S2000: $50,600
Canadian S2000 CR: NOT AVAILABLE
U.S.A. S2000: $34,300
U.S.A. S2000 CR: $36,300

Canadian BMW Z4 3.0i: NOT AVAILABLE
Canadian BMW Z4 3.0si: $55,400
Canadian BMW Z4 M: $64,900
U.S.A. BMW Z4 3.0i: $36,400
U.S.A. BMW Z4 3.0si: $42,400
U.S.A. BMW Z4 M: $52,100

All prices taken from respective websites for cars related to my purchase interests.
Old 02-26-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough
Re: Here's what you get for living south of the border.

whata damm shame, i heard that many of the bordering cities wont sell to canadians anymore either, eg seattle. to prevent people from flipping so many american cars in canada
Old 02-26-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

that sucks!
Old 02-26-2008
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

their currency isn't worth as much as ours thats why its so high.
Old 02-26-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chkolny
whata damm shame, i heard that many of the bordering cities wont sell to canadians anymore either, eg seattle. to prevent people from flipping so many american cars in canada
Ya I forgot to mention they're doing this as well, everyone I talked to got the same reply when they said they were Canadian....."No car for you!" However a quick reference to NAFTA would solve that issue. And in my case I'd like to see them tell me I have to go back to Canada to buy a car.
Old 02-26-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhemR
You might be confusing Canada with Mexico. Big difference.
The Canadian dollar has been higher than the U.S.A. dollar for the past 6 months or so, however today (and on off the last few days) the U.S.A. dollar has actually jumped 2 points ahead of the Canadian dollar. It's the eighties all over again.
Old 02-26-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhemR
hmmm you should perhaps read a paper sometime
today 1 Canadian dollar = 0.99453 U.S. dollars

isnt worth as much...? they look pretty dead even to me
Old 02-26-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DeX
. It's the eighties all over again.
Sweet Dukes of Hazzard is coming back to TV!
Old 02-26-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

haha no, that would be the nineties when that actually happened! Well in Canada it did, they showed all the episodes again. They need to bring Transformers back....*******....
Old 02-26-2008
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about

You are comparing an si to an ex, not the same car. 8thgen civics are badged the same in the US, as Canada. Pre 2006 civic si's were equivalent to US EX civic though. 2006 and up Cdn Civic Si's are the same as the US version. I know its still cheaper in the US for an Si though.

Originally Posted by DeX
Canadian Civic Si: $26,680
U.S.A. Civic EX: $18,710
Those cdn prices seem to be right. Regardless of what the dollar is at. Cdn prices has always been around that range. Cdn prices have nothing to do with the dollar value.

Car dealerships in Canada are offering bigger incentives, instead of dropping sticker prices. It would be better if it was the other away around though.

You can still import a US car to Canada. There are no laws that say you can't. I can't comment on seattle, but I know many people who bought cars from NY state, and brought them back to Canada.
Old 02-26-2008
Registered!!

colourwolf will become famous soon enough

NYC to Canada?..that's a good 6-10 hrs driving, and u need to run in the car....you cant got like 120km/h
Old 02-27-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by phuviano
You are comparing an si to an ex, not the same car. 8thgen civics are badged the same in the US, as Canada. Pre 2006 civic si's were equivalent to US EX civic though. 2006 and up Cdn Civic Si's are the same as the US version. I know its still cheaper in the US for an Si though.

Those cdn prices seem to be right. Regardless of what the dollar is at. Cdn prices has always been around that range. Cdn prices have nothing to do with the dollar value.

Car dealerships in Canada are offering bigger incentives, instead of dropping sticker prices. It would be better if it was the other away around though.

You can still import a US car to Canada. There are no laws that say you can't. I can't comment on seattle, but I know many people who bought cars from NY state, and brought them back to Canada.
It seemed that way when I was looking at the models on the website but wasn't sure. I'll update my original post, thanks.

Originally Posted by colourwolf
NYC to Canada?..that's a good 6-10 hrs driving, and u need to run in the car....you cant got like 120km/h
I'm a half hour north of New York City and I can make it to Montreal in 6 hours without speeding. That's a half hour north of the border. But you could simply buy a car in Albany and save 4 hours driving.
Old 02-27-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rufus
Sweet Dukes of Hazzard is coming back to TV!

No, but Knight Rider is!
Old 02-27-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by Unevolved
No, but Knight Rider is!
You're confusing Knight Rider with some repackaged piece of crap **** out by Hollywood, restricted by contractual agreements. And you're confusing David Hasselhoff with some no name loser and Hollywood is confusing the coolest Trans Am ever with a piece of **** Ford Mustang. I get a little bitter when they do that.