General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

FIRST project! *Scrapped post #1*

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007
You bought a used dog??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
def01tones will become famous soon enough
FIRST project! *Scrapped post #1*

**UPDATE** Relieved that this piece of **** is gone. havnt had this car for awhile now. i didnt put much money into it cuz i wanted to get it smogged first and i knew that was gonna be a bitch. And it was! i knew it wasnt gonna pass the first time with the mods so i spent forever tryin to find some shady place to pass it but couldnt find any place. n thats what pissed me off the most. then the "stage 3" (dont think it was) clutch started going out cuz he ran it hard right out of the shop instead of properly breaking it in.

after the dude came back from iraq we had a lil chat n he took the car back cuz some other guy wanted it. he gave back the money and what lil cash i put into the car. just some front tires, new fron AGX, and a alpine HU.

think ill stick to honda for my first actual project. now to find a hatch...?

been along time since i posted. jus been lurking around reading all the flamage. haha!

alright its a 98 Eclipse GST 98k miles mods that i know and consist of:

FMIC (duh)
Injen intake
boost controller
turbo timer
AEM big brake kit
some rare 17s i was told
tanabe exhaust 3'' i think
type-s BOV
upper strut bar
kyb agx struts
cant remember what springs but its sittin on its nuts!
skunk2 coilovers in rear
stage 3 racing clutch not sure what brand

i think thats it. runs pretty good but battery doesnt stay charged so needs to be jumped everytime. that would be alternator right?

PICS!!

Last edited by def01tones; 06-20-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-15-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Project!!

no bumper? lol
Old 12-15-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

so rare they dont have their name written on them! lol, i kid

But yea sounds like your alternator to me. Have u gotten it voltage checked, or something like that, i forget what they do. I think they check it for free at autozone
Old 12-15-2007
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Standard eclipse. No front bumper, crappy paint, and doesn't start. I hope you got it for cheaper than an 89 skyline!!

Just playing man. Im not a Mitsu guy but good luck and have fun with the car!
Old 12-15-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

wow, thats a rough start. Hopefully you got some plans for that thing, it can be fairly fast, especially if it can get traction. Worst thing bout the GST is the lack of traction in 1st and 2nd, and 3rd if you have the engine modded.
Good luck man, you'll be spending a lot of time on it so have fun
Old 12-15-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Standard eclipse. No front bumper, crappy paint, and doesn't start. I hope you got it for cheaper than an 89 skyline!!

Originally Posted by def01tones
been along time since i posted. jus been lurking around reading all the flamage. haha!

alright its a 98 Eclipse GST 98k miles mods that i know and consist of:

FMIC (duh)
Injen intake
boost controller
turbo timer
AEM big brake kit
some rare 17s i was told
tanabe exhaust 3'' i think
type-s BOV
upper strut bar
kyb agx struts
cant remember what springs but its sittin on its nuts!
skunk2 coilovers in rear
stage 3 racing clutch not sure what brand
Stock boost and an FMIC?? why...lag??
keep the filter clean
what kinda boost controller...EBC or MBC
cool
cool
I dont see why they are rare..look like some older Enkei or Konig
nice
nice
nice
nice
lol
nice

My suggestions:
maintain it...these things are known to go bad faster than milk left in the sun
slightly bigger turbo...I have the 14g in my room and its tiny

GL, get a bumper and post more pix
Old 12-16-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

ahAHAHAHAHAHAH i knew that was coming
Old 12-16-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I found your wheels

Rota Action

Wouldnt exactly say rare, but now you know what centercaps to get lol
Old 12-16-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lxcivic2k1
it can be fairly fast, especially if it can get traction. Worst thing bout the GST is the lack of traction in 1st and 2nd, and 3rd if you have the engine modded.
So it's just like adding boost to a Civic then. Man they need to make some traction bars that fit a 7th gen.

Good luck on the project man, looks like it could be a lot of fun.
Old 12-16-2007
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedfoos
So it's just like adding boost to a Civic then. Man they need to make some traction bars that fit a 7th gen.
Sorry to jack the thread, but traction bars won't happen.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=traction+bars
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=traction+bars
Old 12-16-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

i like it!
i hope you enjoy it!
Old 12-16-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn Rob, thanks for the link and the info. I am now more informed and will quit whining about traction bars. That sucks though. The only consolation to the info in that thread was this avatar:

/jack. Back to your regularly scheduled Mitsu thread.
Old 12-16-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice

gsx>gst but it's still a boosted car. The truth is, it doesn't take much to make those cars fast, but the traction loss is a huge issue. I'd say sell it and get a gsx instead, they are god lol.
Old 12-16-2007
You bought a used dog??

yes i know the paint is crappy but thats not gonna be a prob cuz my bro inlaw paints cars all the time for a side job. the paints messed up cuz it was sittin in the sun while the owner was in iraq and wasnt drivin that often while he was away. now hes got an 06 STI. AMAZING machine

and i do have the bumper! i test drove it for a week awhile back before i purchased it and it had the bumper on, and i was scraping all the time. the tires rub the fenders all the time to so i think imma put the skunks on front to raise it up a bit.

alright its time to start this project so off i go. i dont think ill be able to give u guys updates cuz my digi cam is broke(dropped) and i gotta drive 15min jus to use my bro inlaws computer. oh yeah it only cost me 3500. STEAL!!
Old 12-17-2007
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Project! Make that FIRST project!

I like build threads. You should steal someone's camera and keep us up to date.
Old 12-17-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

Have the battery checked, it may be just dead as hell and not able to hold a charge. how much was it?
Old 12-17-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blouisgod
Have the battery checked, it may be just dead as hell and not able to hold a charge. how much was it?
reading>you

Originally Posted by def01tones
oh yeah it only cost me 3500. STEAL!!
Old 12-17-2007
Look at me im a supporting member

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

Ive all ways been a fan of the eclipse. GL with the build.
Old 12-17-2007
Registered!!

rick1574 will become famous soon enough

get a leash, your crank is going to want to go for a walk soon.

good luck with the build though, if done properly, these cars can be both fast and reliable. its not easy though.
Old 12-17-2007
Registered!!

hahaha38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Step1. 6bolt crank swap
Step2. maf-t
Step3. 3inch gm maf
Step4. Big 16G
Step5. maybe in future grab some evo8 injectors
Step6. find some spare transmissions

LOL. There alot of fun. But it sucks putting in 5 transmissions on the ground.
Watch out for fuel cut too.
Old 12-18-2007
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

new head gasket and full tune up should probably be performed first.
Old 12-18-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hahaha38
Step1. 6bolt crank swap
Step2. maf-t
Step3. 3inch gm maf
Step4. Big 16G
Step5. maybe in future grab some evo8 injectors
Step6. find some spare transmissions

LOL. There alot of fun. But it sucks putting in 5 transmissions on the ground.
Watch out for fuel cut too.
it seems like all the dsm owners i know either have terrible luck with transmission or good luck. like one of my friends has a 95 gsx and has been through 2 transmissions and is on his third. but i also have a friend with a 97 gsx with 512 awhp on his bone stock factory tranny(minus the ACT2600) and has no problems.

if i were you, i'd go for a complete rebuild, call up slowboysracing, they'll do ya right.

all i know is, if you're gonna do it, especially with dsms, do it right. if done correctly the first time, these cars are winning machines. good luck.
Old 06-27-2008
You bought a used dog??

Re: FIRST project! *Scrapped post #1*

updated post #1
Old 06-27-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Looks like it's a good project. Keep us posted?
Old 06-28-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

i knew a guy who had a 98 eclipse gts. he pulled out the block and tranny. rebult and bored it. pistons, drive shaft, the works. and for style put a wide body kit on it with 9 inch tires. it was a beast and looked SAWEET.
Old 06-28-2008
Registered!!

Did you guys read the post? He got rid of the damned thing.

Any ways, if anything is going to be a money pit it should be a Honda.
Old 06-29-2008
You bought a used dog??

Any ways, if anything is going to be a money pit it should be a Honda.
+rep
Old 07-01-2008
You bought a used dog??

haha just got word a week after I gave the car back he took it for a drive and the front left ball joint popped out. The funny part is he only got 2 houses down from his driveway. LOL so glad I gave it back. He fixed the joint and sold the car yesterday for 2g's.