General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What do Civic owners graduate to?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sal Collaziano is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What do Civic owners graduate to?

What do most Civic owners buy after they're done with their Civic? Accord? Something from Acura? Another brand? What do you figure will be your next vehicle?
Old 06-16-2008
Registered!!

aznprid214 has a spectacular aura aboutaznprid214 has a spectacular aura about
Re: What do Civic owners graduate to?

i have no idea? I'm debating on whether my younger brother should just take my car and I get a different one or keep mine, and keep playing with it.

I've thought about s2000 or is430/TSX/TL. Pretty much Japenese 4dr or convertible. Don't know if I wanna get another coupe cause it'd be pretty much the save idea of the car now. Maybe get a Miata
Old 06-16-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

It seems the younger people move laterally... into the new gen Si, I've seen some people go for the MS3 or GTIs and other factory turbo thingies, some people move on to Used Evos, STi, Z, and S2Ks and some go for 30K cars. It really runs the gammit...
I went for the A3 because it has all the tinkerability of the GTI without the boy racer image (and it looks better, its a smidge bigger, the seats are better and I could get it in Blue).

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 06-16-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

You mean I will have something besides a civic?
Old 06-16-2008
Registered!!

blueninjacivic is an unknown quantity at this point

ill be moving on to a s14 w/ an rb26det. time to go sidways for a lil while. or i may finally fix my uncles 325i and keep that
Old 06-17-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

keep the civic, and in a couple years get an is300 to build or a 350/370z to mess with
Old 06-17-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

keep the civic, and get audi A4 or something along that line..
Old 06-17-2008
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

I 've been debating and looking at the Audi S5, but cannot justifying paying for a car that will be sitting in my garage most of the time.
Old 06-17-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

I'd keep my civic and wait for the new Subaru Impreza diesel to come out.
Old 06-18-2008
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough

i graduated to a toyota...a 07 tundra:

just got my fabtech 9" lift a 20s with 35" tires.....need to buy some universal automated step boards to go with this.....

next up after the lift is a supercharger.

plus i still have my civic tho..but its been k swapped.
Old 06-18-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

ive seen some guys on this site move to evos. after im done building on my civic and getting it to where i want it, im most likely going to start on either and evo VIII or evo X.
Old 06-18-2008
Registered!!

RallyeRedRider has a little shameless behaviour in the past

My little Bro sold me his civic after he bought a 1996 Corvette LT4 Black on Black hard top with a 6 speed.
Old 06-19-2008
Registered!!

hXc drummer23 will become famous soon enough

I've thought about a lot of different cars. I've thought about a used Evo, S2k, 8th gen civic si, accord v6, even some Bmw's. Right now, it is between two cars, a used s2k or a 8th gen civic Si. I will probably end up going with an S2000 because a buddy of mine has one and he modded his and painted it lambo orange. So, I can get him to help me with stuff on mine.
Old 06-19-2008
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

They graduate to 350z's and BMWs

almost all of my friends had civics and civic Si's most of them grew up and bought BMWs most M3s and then some bought 350z's and 1 of my friends bought an S2K and the comptech sc kit

As for me id upgrade well gonna upgrade to either a TSX (turbo'd) or a 2006 Lotus Elise

Last edited by cwo715; 06-19-2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: edd
Old 06-19-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

All you young kids have grand dreams of owning a great car. Wait until the real world hits you in the ***. It seems like many of you will give up saving for retirement, buying a house, or saving on gas so you can have a "cool" car. Unless you have mommy and daddy paying your bills.
Old 06-19-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Some ppl just dont care about loans or debt. I know a guy who bought a 2006 Yamaha R6 and just recently bought a 350z and is now scrambling to sell the bike since he obviously can't afford both and who knows what his credit score looks like now with 2 huge loans.
Old 06-19-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I'm searching for a g35.
Old 06-19-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

civic ftw! who cares about graduating lol. you go graduate, ill stay back a few grades enjoying the better gas mileage and all the looks i get driving a modded car...
Old 06-19-2008
Registered!!

Superjester has a spectacular aura aboutSuperjester has a spectacular aura about

Eek. I was thinking about getting rid of the Civic.
Sure Its great for gas. But the Car payments are killing me. It handles terrible in the winter.

I think I might just give up the Civic for a early 4x4 ranger for now.
Sure more on gas but I don't have terrible car payments. plus I have something in the winter to drive.
Old 06-19-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

i'll only buy another car because i have a mutual fund doing quite well and my coast guard retirement account building well... plus my expenses are rediculously low compared to my income, thanks to my housing allowance in alaska and being a petty officer! my plans on cars don't start until 4 years from now and depends on if i can find a good IT related position in austin. in any case, used 350z's are quite inexpensive these days. i'm not exactly a young kid anymore .
Old 06-20-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

I know for sure that I will buy 2 more cars for sure in the future, both of which will be black. Acura TL and a S2000.

Wagner
Old 06-20-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

In a few years once I have a stable job, I'm looking for something in the $30-40K range. So me and my friend are going to go test drive damn near everything in that segment. S2000 CR, 350Z, 370Z, STi, Evo, G35, G37, Camaro Z28. Just about everything to get a feel for what I want. It's going to be my driving toy, so performance and steering feel and just plain how much I like driving it is going to be a huge consideration.
Old 06-20-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by robbclark1
All you young kids have grand dreams of owning a great car. Wait until the real world hits you in the ***. It seems like many of you will give up saving for retirement, buying a house, or saving on gas so you can have a "cool" car. Unless you have mommy and daddy paying your bills.
Well I have been dreaming about having an S2k ever since they came out. My parents said they would pay the note on it if I did a big down payment. I hope to have at least 5 grand saved by the time I graduate highschool. Between my 3 jobs this summer and next summer, I think I will have enough saved to put a pretty good down payment on it. And by the time I graduate, my Civic will be payed off and my parents car will be payed off.
Old 06-20-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

I hate to say this, but you're sixteen. Unless you've been driving karts for the past four years, I don't think you could handle an S2000. I'm 19, and I'd be nervous driving one.
Old 06-20-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

I'll probably keep the Civic as a daily driver and pick up something along the line of an Accord; something with a little more power, and a few more luxuries, something that isn't horrible on gas mileage that my wife and drive occassionally to save on fuel.

The wife's next car will probably be a hybrid SUV of some sort. She loves SUVs and doesn't want anything else, so a hybrid might be the way to go.
Old 06-20-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the accord they have the TSX although I don't like the 2008 TSX very much.
Old 06-20-2008
Registered!!

Well I have some experience driving small fast cars. I've driven an 04 s2k, and an 02 Porsche 911. I've also taken 2 classes of Drivers Ed. At those classes, I drove my civic and a fully race ready Miata.

Originally Posted by Unevolved
I hate to say this, but you're sixteen. Unless you've been driving karts for the past four years, I don't think you could handle an S2000. I'm 19, and I'd be nervous driving one.
Old 06-20-2008
Registered!!

aznprid214 has a spectacular aura aboutaznprid214 has a spectacular aura about

I was looking for an s2k with could be around 25-40 depending on used or new. But if I was willing to put some more money down, i'm actually considering the lotus exige... or maybe ill settle with the elise sc.
Old 06-20-2008
Registered!!

gelshmoff is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd have to go with a tsx methinks. i'll probably stay with a honda. i look at other cars out there, and they never seem to have the power a honda has comparatively. at least for 4-bangers.
Old 06-20-2008
Registered!!

SRT 4? Don't flame me for saying that but they are damn bloody powerful.

Quick Reply: What do Civic owners graduate to?