General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Honda Civic Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicowners is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic Convertible

Honda is developing a convertible version of its new Civic coupe, according to a report in Popular Mechanics magazine. Details remain scarce, but the report indicates the car could arrive "within two years." If it arrives, PM says to expect the options to include a 197-hp Si model.

The following pic is the spy pic of europeen civic type-r. IMO, civic and convertible does not go together. They want to compete with VW convertible.

Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all
Re: Honda Civic Convertible

ugly as sin lol
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Paint it red, will look like ferrari
Old 07-27-2007
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

the car is too angled for them to pull of a vert IMHO.
Old 07-27-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

2 years will give them time to work on it though, maybe the end product will look better

still would rather have an s2k heh
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

cleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trusted

forget a vert they need to make a car to compete with the evos or at least a turbo car other than a rdx.
Old 07-27-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cleanmagcivic
forget a vert they need to make a car to compete with the evos or at least a turbo car other than a rdx.
its already in the works... acura is boasting a 250+hp AWD RSX in 2008.
http://vtec.net/modelmatrix/
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

a factory turboed (sp) K series engine. that would ring my bell. then put as an upgraded option for most of the vehicles the have available. just call the si-t and it would be the top of the line. that would make my day.
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

This looks like a civic to me

Old 07-27-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LT2004ever
its already in the works... acura is boasting a 250+hp AWD RSX in 2008.
http://vtec.net/modelmatrix/
How credible is that site? I see this line tho

Prelude - Resuscitated?

This line is neat too!

TSX (NA)/ Accord (ROW) FMC (Spring '08 launch): A-VTEC, SH-AWD, 2.3 Turbo for TSX(?)
Old 07-27-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

that pic looks photoshopped to me. the headrests, the visors, even the people.. whatever..
Old 07-27-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
How credible is that site? I see this line tho

Prelude - Resuscitated?

This line is neat too!

TSX (NA)/ Accord (ROW) FMC (Spring '08 launch): A-VTEC, SH-AWD, 2.3 Turbo for TSX(?)
last time i checked, they were pretty credible.
http://www.vtec.net/news/
http://www.vtec.net/forums/
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
that pic looks photoshopped to me. the headrests, the visors, even the people.. whatever..
hm....maybe
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

clowry is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree the photo does look a bit photoshopped. That thing is ugly. The rear is way too rounded for my taste.
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

will they call it del sol SI ???? damn
Old 07-27-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

most likely photoshopped look
its the accord convertible...

Old 07-27-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

The words "Civic" and "Convertible" should never be used in the same sentence.
Old 07-27-2007
hvc
Registered!!

hvc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LT2004ever
most likely photoshopped look
its the accord convertible...

at least it looks better then the civic. lol I'd see an accord convertible coming out before a civic convertible, although i never want to see a civic convertible on the road. lol
Old 07-27-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by civicowners
Honda is developing a convertible version of its new Civic coupe, according to a report in Popular Mechanics magazine. Details remain scarce, but the report indicates the car could arrive "within two years." If it arrives, PM says to expect the options to include a 197-hp Si model.

The following pic is the spy pic of europeen civic type-r. IMO, civic and convertible does not go together. They want to compete with VW convertible.

looks like a photoshop...the passenger front seat doesnt look aligned, and neither does teh rear seats

This looks like a civic to me

looks like a transformer to me
Old 07-27-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
Old 07-31-2007
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

Paint it red, will look like ferrari
that's a joke, right?
Old 07-31-2007
Registered!!

dopeyboy247 will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Honda Civic Convertible

An Accord convertible sounds more believable and possible to me. It can compete against the Toyota Camry Solara.

AWD turbo RSX sound good but I bet it's going to cost $30,000+
well I would buy the turbo RSX instead of an Evo And also it's an ACURA not a Mitsubishi.

They should stop messing with the cosmetics of the Civic and bring back the Prelude and/or CRX.

Honda needs another larger and more luxurious sedan besides the Accord, that can compete against the Nissan Maxima and Toyota Avalon.

Honda Accord is in the same category as the Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry. They should think about other options besides the Civic.
Old 07-31-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

y would honda feel the need to compete with the old cavalier convertibles...
Old 07-31-2007
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

Its called marketing bro, just another segment to get into. Althought I thought the s2k had a convertible but I guess again, that fits another niche.
Old 08-01-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dopeyboy247
Honda needs another larger and more luxurious sedan besides the Accord, that can compete against the Nissan Maxima and Toyota Avalon.
I don't think people are ready to invest into luxurious Honda sedans. They are main strategy is price, fuel efficiency and reliability. Grown up asses would spend $40K-$50K on BMW or Lexus IMO
Old 08-01-2007
Registered!!

dopeyboy247 will become famous soon enough

I don't think people are ready to invest into luxurious Honda sedans. They are main strategy is price, fuel efficiency and reliability. Grown up asses would spend $40K-$50K on BMW or Lexus IMO
Honda needs more vehicles.

-Honda should build a full-size pickup that can compete against the Toyota Tudra and Nissan Titan.

- Honda needs a Crossover SUV like the Nissan Murano.

- Honda needs a midsize/compact pickup truck like the Toyota Tacoma and the Nissan Frontier.

-Honda needs a full-size SUV like the Toyota Sequioa and the Nissan Armada.

- Acura needs more cars too. Like Infiniti and Lexus has. etc..

Etc....Etc...

In General, everytime people think of Honda, they think of the 'Civic'.
I dislike that though.........even though I love Honda.

The S2000 needs more horsepower & torque for the price imo. That's why people would rather buy a Nissan 350Z.

Still Honda 4 Life!

Last edited by dopeyboy247; 08-01-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-19-2008
Registered!!

HondaCarCare1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
I disagree. Civics make great convertibles.

Old 05-19-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dopeyboy247
An Accord convertible sounds more believable and possible to me. It can compete against the Toyota Camry Solara.

AWD turbo RSX sound good but I bet it's going to cost $30,000+
well I would buy the turbo RSX instead of an Evo And also it's an ACURA not a Mitsubishi.
The Camry and the Solara are 2 different cars I believe. And I heard the RSX is scrapped, not to be returning again.
Old 05-19-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, the RSX is gone. It's too much of a direct competitor with the Civic Si, and they're trying to move the Acura brand more "upmarket."

And no, the Camry and Solara are the same car.

I haven't heard anything official about the next S2K, but I've heard rumors that it's going to be lighter, more in line with S600s of old.