General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Bringing the car to the shop

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awang is an unknown quantity at this point
Bringing the car to the shop

i have an aem intake, and i'm taking it in to the dealer today. my problem involves the throttle so i'm guessing they'll take off the intake... will they scratch the **** out of it taking it out? or should i take it out before i bring it in?

my problem is linked here: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283809
Old 11-11-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i would take it off, they will prolly refuse to fix it because of the intake causing the problem.
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
take the aem intake off and put stock one back on cause the dealer will blame you for the problem and will charge you anything they want to fix it
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

lots of people on the other forums said that some just got caught on the throttle or it needs to be oiled or something (my cars pretty new: 05 lx w/~5K miles)... you really think i need to take it off? its such a hassle to get the stock stuff back on.

btw, my problem was that my car accelerated by itself as if i had the gas pedal all the way down
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

how about this MAGUSON MOSS WARANTY ACT?
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

LilWannabeJdm can only hope to improve
the dealer have to prove that what you put in your engine is causin the problems ..if they cant then you in good shape. my dealership never given me problems with my accord when i brought it in..it have a Injen CAI ..they didnt do anything about it..they just fix what is needed too..
Old 11-11-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
try again. have you actually read your warranty? most ive seen say modifying your car with non honda parts will void the warranty. it even says this in their ad book.
Old 11-11-2006
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by LilWannabeJdm
the dealer have to prove that what you put in your engine is causin the problems ..if they cant then you in good shape. my dealership never given me problems with my accord when i brought it in..it have a Injen CAI ..they didnt do anything about it..they just fix what is needed too..
not really man..it's up to you to prove it. You must have a pretty good relationship with your dealer which is not very common.

The dealer doesn't want the headache of dealing with a modded car. I think that's perfectly understandable.
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

guitarchan16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by awang
btw, my problem was that my car accelerated by itself as if i had the gas pedal all the way down
Did you check to see if the intake is obstructing with the throttle cable at all? If so, this could cause unwanted acceleration. If It's tight anywhere, if you press on the gas, the throttle cable can get stuck, and this is not a good thing.
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
probably the most obvious and logical thing to do is re-install the intake again and go from there
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

a4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by YUL
not really man..it's up to you to prove it. You must have a pretty good relationship with your dealer which is not very common.

The dealer doesn't want the headache of dealing with a modded car. I think that's perfectly understandable.

thats why it good to have a dealear that has a mechanic that works on modded car's, something got ****ed up when i installed my injen short ram and my check engine light came on and they fixed it for me with no problem
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

i apoligize for my stupidness all. i discovered the problem. i took the intake off, it had packing peanuts there... i think static attached some to the inner tube and i didnt' see it. took them out, works perfect. i was told that the peanuts, if they went into the engine, would burn away. so theres no damage there right?

also, before i fixed this, the day i was driving, i had to stop and go really fast (foot up/foot down on brake). did i destroy my torque converter?