General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

STICKERS SHOULD be given out for FREE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rhyno is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, first off, congratulations on your new s2000 D[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] Second, how much do you guys think he gets from the banners on this site? He gets a commision on banner computed by the amount of hits that site gets from this site how many times have you gone to the gambling site from this site? Thats what i though. Third, sticker are given out by business to promote their business. THIS IS NOT A BUSINESS! No body here is selling anything and therefoe is not making a profit off of anything. Finally, WTF!! Its a friggin sticker! what the hell is this thread all abou? a $.05 piece of tape?! maybe i have had one to many[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] tonight, but this is one of the most assonine threads i have ever read. And that is all i have to say about that Good night[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-15-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Ok, first off, congratulations on your new s2000 D[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] Second, how much do you guys think he gets from the banners on this site? He gets a commision on banner computed by the amount of hits that site gets from this site how many times have you gone to the gambling site from this site? Thats what i though. Third, sticker are given out by business to promote their business. THIS IS NOT A BUSINESS! No body here is selling anything and therefoe is not making a profit off of anything. Finally, WTF!! Its a friggin sticker! what the hell is this thread all abou? a $.05 piece of tape?! maybe i have had one to many[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] tonight, but this is one of the most assonine threads i have ever read. And that is all i have to say about that Good night[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] >>

so he did get a s2000? wtf?
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Derek, congrats on your S2000. Got any pics?

And no, I don't think stickers should be free, regardless of what he owns.

Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
It was stated a few weeks back that this site costs Derek a couple hundred dollars every 2 months I think. He is not making any money off of this site. The banners he has up do not pay for the bills. They might give him a few bucks to go buy happy meal from McDonalds, but that's about it.

He did not create the stickers as a money making venture. He created them because everyone wanted to have a universal sticker for the site instead of everyone making their own. He paid money out of his pocket upfront to buy the stickers. He is relying on us to buy the stickers that WE requested so that he can get his money back. If he makes a few bucks off the stickers, I'm cool with that. He deserves some money for this site.

For everyone out there that wants free stickers, go to a parade and ask the clowns for one.
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

CUE2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Civicster's got the point now.... after the 3rd posted message!!
So just buy the damn sticker!!! I once was a noob and so was everybody else, he just didn't know better.
I don't have a credit card myself so I know what he means by not being able to pick it up. I'd love to buy one for my car so I'm probably gonna use someone's credit card so I can get one.
I guess the punishment for Civicster just for bringing up the free sticker idea is that he has to buy more than just one!!! Then he'll be forgiven for his 2 cents! agree civicster???
so don't forget these things about the site...
non-profit; help Derek out to keep this site up; and last but not the least.... post, post, post, get that juniour member out of your profile [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
(Hey, this thread was so negative I had to lighten it up, right?!!?!!)[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

BluBttrflie is an unknown quantity at this point

<< so he did get a s2000? wtf? >>

You're funny Id. I think the s2000 comment that occured way before was in reference to the s2000 website that was handing out stickers for free. i COULD be wrong but that's how I understood it.

And another thing... one of the things mentioned a couple of times above was not being able to buy the stickers because of not having a credit card... I'm sure another way could be arranged. Maybe THAT should have been the question instead of whether or not they had to be paid for. I'm sure there is some way to arrange a way for those who don't have credit cards to pay for the stickers, just ask D about it... never hurts to ask. Or you can have someone with a credit card (friend or family member) buy it for you and then you pay them back.

JMOs
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Derek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz ErthangDerek-CEO Ownz Erthang
OMG, I can't believe this thread.

First of all let me educate some of you.

1. I don't have an S2000, I couldn't afford it even if I wanted it. Just my Civic.
2. The gabling logo doesn't make me any money, it's just a stats counter.
3. The top banners I do get money from, but it's maybe $100 for 3-4 months and there are only 2. Autotoys, and GBC.
4. I am NOT rich. I make a good living, but that doesn't mean I should fork out all my cash to this site just cause you want it. This site id for you, not for me. That is why I ask for help with keeping it up. I don't even have enough cash to buy the KONI shocks that I need really bad. The cash from the stickers will prolly go back into more merchandise like license plate frames or windshield banners etc.
5. If you don't like it, nothing I can do. Take it or leave it. It all comes back to you in the end.
6. About other forms of payment. Please read the sticker page before asking if there are other ways.

If you have a problem with me or the site, email or PM me or you can even phone me if you know where to look for the number.

D

Old 03-15-2002
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I'm glad everyhting was cleared up.

I can understand both sides of the story.

1. they should be free. because people sporting stickers are doing a sort of mobile advertising for the site.

2. they shouldnt be free, because this site doesn't pay for itself. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Me personally? I'm buyin' a sticker. It's the least I could do.
Old 03-15-2002
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
You tell'em buddy.
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

02CarbonCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Get em D Get em..... the noobs are running wild...... I think it has been said enough..... just buy a damn sticker.......
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, I think this can be locked now. no need for it to continue. Derek has posted and the newbs have been set straight.
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
D, we all know you have an s2000, and a 100,00 sqft house. Quit shrugging us off. Oh yeah we also know that this website makes millions of dollars a month for you, and cows can fly out of my butt. n00bs need to quit bashing you.
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point

<< OMG, I can't believe this thread.

First of all let me educate some of you.
>>

LOL ... This is one of the funniest threads I've ever read here.

Derek, we know you have an S2000 hidden in your apartment ... just come clean with us, ok?

Old 03-15-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
S2000, S2000!! Hehe, I don't know how that rumor started! D thanks for all your effort and putting money upfront for the stickers!!! You run a tight ship, forget those stoopid fockers!