General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Hit and Run!!! Help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLeePeR012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hit and Run!!! Help please

I was at Home Depot for about 30mins and when I came out my passenger side was all messed up. Not a big dent but about 1-1.5 inch deep and it's by the rear fender streachin to almost the door. No one left a note nor did anyone see anything. It's basically the body thas crushed inward and no paint damage really..I jus want it popped out so I can put a side skirt over it or sumptin... the damage is a low-blow, I dont kno why it's so low... but u would imagine it being higher... but it it's not, if I had a kit it would have been crushed in. Damage is about 400-600 I wont kno for sure till tomorrow.

Any ideas wha to do??? Im freaking out and theres a IL meet in 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Lou-

btw- my underbody neons were bent too...
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
damn that sucks. well you could report it but it won't do you much good. i think if you report it on ur insurance, it'll increase your premiums. i'm not sure about that part though. sorry about your car though[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

wishihadavtec is an unknown quantity at this point
muahahahahah, it was me
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
You can report it to you insurance. Depending on your deductible it may or may not be beneficial. If you have a $500 deductible, it won't make much sense for a $600 repair, pay to get it fixed and don't claim. I would check with your insurance company, most companies won't increase your premium unless their payout is over $2,500 (varies). I would talk to you insurance company, you can ask them for advice without having to make a claim.
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

StreetTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
I would look for any Paintless Dent Repair places!!! They do it for under 100$ and the pop it rite out. But it depends on where and how deep. Some things just can't be done.

Late
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

kori is an unknown quantity at this point
same type of thing happened to me, except only about 350 in paint damage was done to my car while i was at work in the mall. that was only maybe 3 weeks after i had bought it....i remembered parking next to a white BMW when i went in, and when i came out, the bumper was all scratched up and there was white paint dust....and the BMW was gone. hm. go figure.

people suck. i hit a guy's truck by accident this summer and TWELVE HUNDRED dollars worth of damage....could i have taken off without anyone seeing? yes. did i?? no. i waited for him, and i paid for it. someday hopefully that respect and honesty will be repaid to me.
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
Are you saying the dent is low on the body? Cause if it is, think about a cart like they use at home depot. The crappy ones that roll around and slam into cars. I am thinking that they are responsible for thier carts killing cars and crap. They will deny it, but a huge cart killed my Prelude and I told the insurance company. They sued the store and got my car fixed, no bump in premiums. If they cannot have their employees do their job, then they deserve to be sued....
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

Masheen is an unknown quantity at this point
this is my first post to this site despite the fact ive been a voyer since i got my 7th gen last year in july!
just wanna let you know man its not that bad, ive had my car since july right.... well its been broken into 2 times both major damage was done to the interior and exterior, dash was trashed and the door was all busted up on the first one, then the day i got it back from that bein fixed it was broken into again... this time they peeled 'like a tin car' the trunk open.... not to mention a full custom install that me and a few car audio nerds made, iut was bootyful! ha! doesnt stop then my car has been hit 5 times and kiked once and to top it all off its been to service like 4 or 5 times allready for stupid things, and the last time it went to service someone musta hit a curb or somthin on there test run of it because the front a-arm and the struts are bent about 2+ inches in the wrong direction. my word against theirs and im outta luck! just wanted to let ya know cause hell that sux about you hit man but now you can look at it and think damn thats bad but not as bad as this guy on 2k1 dot com!
and btw i take car of my car, it getts washed atleast once a week i dont smoke in it or anything it still smells new for christs sake! hehehe
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

fordfocussucks should not be trusted

<< this is my first post to this site despite the fact ive been a voyer since i got my 7th gen last year in july!
just wanna let you know man its not that bad, ive had my car since july right.... well its been broken into 2 times both major damage was done to the interior and exterior, dash was trashed and the door was all busted up on the first one, then the day i got it back from that bein fixed it was broken into again... this time they peeled 'like a tin car' the trunk open.... not to mention a full custom install that me and a few car audio nerds made, iut was bootyful! ha! doesnt stop then my car has been hit 5 times and kiked once and to top it all off its been to service like 4 or 5 times allready for stupid things, and the last time it went to service someone musta hit a curb or somthin on there test run of it because the front a-arm and the struts are bent about 2+ inches in the wrong direction. my word against theirs and im outta luck! just wanted to let ya know cause hell that sux about you hit man but now you can look at it and think damn thats bad but not as bad as this guy on 2k1 dot com!
and btw i take car of my car, it getts washed atleast once a week i dont smoke in it or anything it still smells new for christs sake! hehehe
>>

muahahahahah, it was me
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

VTECnique is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats why i park WAAAAAAYYYYYYY in the back everywhere i go. Nuttin but hooked up rides (if any) park back there. NEWayz...i feel ya pain...see u at the meet!
Old 03-08-2002
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
ah the dents at the parking lots, i got 2. screw fixing it for a bit, get a clifford alarm. i just gotta get into the shop to get my alram.
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

yeahdanny is an unknown quantity at this point
hit and runs are usually a different deductible than your usual one.... my insurance's hit and run premium is free!! heres a FUGGIN crazy story about a hit and run.....

so my mom is driving home from work, like 25 mph cos the freeway is pretty packed, in the left lane. all of a sudden BAM she's hit on hte front drivers side headlamp.... and what is lying nex tto the car??? A FRIGGEN SEMI TRUCK WHEEL!!!! it was one of those huge wheels that it looks like they would have to put on a bed to haul around. luckly it was still drivable so she drove home, and called the insurance company. the claim was filed, and the deductible was free!! crazy shiz eh? you never know whats gonna happen these days!