General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Opinions on the 2006 Hyundai Tiburon Gt V6

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
^ it's the Tuscani model because it's the proper name for the car in Korea. It's like how they call the "RSX" the Integra still in Japan, but bring it over here has "RSX". but yea in terms of strictly LOOKS i wouldn't mind having a tibby.
Old 04-25-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
yeah they change the same to make it more for what the americans want. bleh... ghey i like Tuscani and Integra better
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
Its Hyundais Only Attemp At A Sports Car. Its Has A V6 That Doesnt Produce Any Hp. Compare It To The 350z Or Any Other V6 Sports Car And Youll See That Its Not Worth The Money. Theres A Reason You Dont See This Car In Magazines. If Your Gonna Buy A V6, It Better Come With 250hp Stock. At 176hp With A V6 2.7liter Your Better Off Getting An Si
Old 04-25-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
So let's see, an RSX gets 24 more HP stock with a four cylinder with .7 litres less capacity? I think I know which car I'd take...
Old 04-25-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
what is the gas mileage?
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

^ haha i dont know.. look it up? all i remember is that when i saw it.. i thought it was a joke, considering it's a v6 with the hp it has.
Old 04-25-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
guys, you keep talkin about how fast it is and what not, maybe he dont care if it is fast. maybe he just wants a nice looking car that is faster than his vic. MPG on the other is a big deal, whats the MPG on those things?

city/hwy
19 / 26

Last edited by CenZ; 04-25-2006 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

^ wouldn't you say that's pretty crappy, for a car rated at 170ish hp?? the engine isn't engineered well in my opinion. and the tiburon technically hasn't been redesigned since Hyundai has been bringing out their "award winning" sonata's and what not. i dont know if they have plans on doing this, but they should consider taking it back to the drawing board to fine tune the engine a great deal.
Old 04-25-2006
PWIT

yeah the MPG is crappy and thats what would stop ME from buying the car, but the fact that it is only 172hp wouldnt stop me cause you know what, 172hp is enough to please me. all im saying is that everyone is saying its not worth it cause it only has 172hp its not worth it in my eyes cause it has shitty MPG
Old 04-25-2006

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
It's a combination of both for me. You can get a car that gets way better MPG with more HP that costs about the same, maybe slightly more. But with gas prices these days getting a car with better MPG will probably save enough in the long run to make it worth buying
Old 04-25-2006
PWIT

say it did better with MPG say, 25/30 and still only had 172hp would you buy it?
Old 04-25-2006

Considering a 06 Type S is rated for 23/31...If it did get that MPG, That would probably make it worth buying
Old 04-25-2006
PWIT

i just pulled #s out of my *** lol but if it had a better MPG would you buy it with only 170hp?
Old 04-25-2006

The answer to that question is....I own a Civic I cared more about looks and MPG when I got this car then for power. But like I said before, if the Tibby did get better MPG, better then a Type S, then I would consider buying it.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

guess what.. even the RX-8 gets about the same MPG (18/24)as the tibby , but it produces more power from a tiny little rotary engine
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
they sound like g35's with a nice exhaust
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

myinca will become famous soon enoughmyinca will become famous soon enough
people saying they a crappy cheap car company..but they are very nice...my mom is on her 2nd hyundai...had a santa fe(the suv) before the hurricane and she now has a sonata. both were very nice cars, nice interior. im surprised the tib is underpowered bc our sonota is a 4 but it pulls like a 6...my friend had a gt tib and i didnt find anything wrong in it, granted we didnt race anyone but other than that it was a good car( but that was when gas was less then 2 bucks)...anyway they have the best warenty u can get anywhere, so it will last you
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
you guys keep considering other different cars but you have to understand that i'm on a little to medium budget. yes, i like the tiburon for many reasons.

1. the looks
2. the craftsmanship of the inside and outside of the car.
3. the power is decent, it's hell of alot better than my civic now.
4. the size of the car, it's PERFECT for me, i'm more into smaller cars.
5. the overall feel and concept of the car. this car makes me feel good to have the thought of owning it.

now, the bad things/cons about this car would be the overall price of it.
and how it'll make my insurance go up by 60 more dollars a month.
and last but not least. yes!, i'm not too happy about the gas.
and FINAL!. THE FUKIN RESALE VALUE OF IT. SON-OF-A-BITCH!. why????? those things are fuked up.
Old 04-25-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow i think i wouldn't get it just for the mileage. i drive alot and would be pissing money away. thats suv mileage.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

well i don't drive much. i just drive to work and back home. i'm a "home body" all i do is work and go STRAIGHT home!. once in a while i'll drive around and go to the movies and out to eat etc. but thats RARELY! it can't be THAT bad on gas.

I"m wondering what the payments a month would be for me with a credit score of 654. and a pretty good credit history.....?

i went to the website called www.carsbelowinvoice.com and i got the REAL price of the tiburon which is the invoice price. it came up this much---17,769.

give thoughs on this thank you.
Old 04-25-2006
Premium Member

idk if it were me, i would prolly get it ha.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

gearbox, that post didn't exactly help me with my last post. lets try that again shall we?. ROUND 2!
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

haha if you're on a tight budget, i wouldn't consider the tibby

1. yea the insurance (it adds up after 5 years)
2. once again the gas mileage ( i guarantee you wont get the gas mileage they say on their site, you'll get less)
3. gas prices are gona keep on going up, and like you said if money is tight, i dont think you'll be wanting to spend a whole lot of money filling this sucker up.

my friend has an rx-8, and the tibby gets about the same mileage, he fills up at LEAST once a week, maybe once every 5 or 6 days to be more precise and i think he fills up around $40 or more, so do the math
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

drive_fast_dail has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Personally I wouldnt get a loan on a car with bad resale, you could put yourself in the situation where you owe more on your car than its worth. Check out the resale with your loan and make sure it dosnt turn out that way. Even from things out of your control, someone could hit you and total it and you would owe the bank money still. Save up your money and get a car with good resale.
Old 04-25-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by drive_fast_dail
Personally I wouldnt get a loan on a car with bad resale, you could put yourself in the situation where you owe more on your car than its worth. Check out the resale with your loan and make sure it dosnt turn out that way. Even from things out of your control, someone could hit you and total it and you would owe the bank money still. Save up your money and get a car with good resale.
ie: a honda or toyota.
Old 04-25-2006

Originally Posted by drive_fast_dail
That's why they have GAP coverage - Covers your *** in a situation just like that.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

yeah. i really need to let that damn tibby go already. it aint going to happen! LOL. ohwell...

what would you guys choose outa these 3 cars?

1. 2006 Honda Civic Ex (manual)

2. 2006 Scion Tc (manual)

3. 2006 Mazda 3 (manual) with ALL the toys in it? (the highest trim and class level)

as for the 2005 Civic Si (hatch). i can't seem to find that car in (white) with 10,000 to 13,000 or 15,000 miles on it. those cars are STILL selling for like 18 to 19,000 dollars!!!!

but what do you guys think about those 3 other cars?
Old 04-25-2006

The Mazda 3's are awesome. Both the V6 and the 2.3l I-4's are pretty good engines. The interior quality is outstanding...and those leather seats are some of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.
Old 04-25-2006
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
yea i'd say for the mazda 3.

I have the 3i with auto trans (I know it sucks) but it handles way better than my civic ever did. I got the touring package so it came stock with 16" alloys and fog lights, abs and side impact.

it's also 4 doors so insurance will be less.

I don't think the 3s is worth the extra cash than the 3i because you don't get that much more horsepower from it. MPG is also better on the 3i.

Last edited by YUL; 04-25-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

so which Mazda 3 model and trim is supposed to be the best? the best EVERYTHING!!!? like the best engine, interior, body style, power everything features, wheels. etc....?

Quick Reply: Opinions on the 2006 Hyundai Tiburon Gt V6