General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

scion or civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
null2k2si is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DDragon7
TC...too bad they dont offer Scions in Canada...What's up with that!?
It has something to do with the panoramic glass roof.
Old 04-30-2006
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by verzo70
i saw a tc for 16,800 brand new. another 3,500 you can have a supercharger installed adding another 40 horses. there's a 60,000 mile warranty for the supercharger. i saw a 2006 civic si for $20,500. i would go for the new vic si.
if you pay 3500 for the sc, you got owned. you can get it done for 2700 installed at some dealerships.
Old 04-30-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
wow you guys. you should be ashamed of yourselves... this has turned into a tc thread, and if you hadn't noticed, he has not posted in this thread again. he does not care about your opinions for other cars, as was his point in saying "please do not list other cars". sorry but i am extremely sick of people today.
Old 04-30-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by null2k2si
It has something to do with the panoramic glass roof.
thats definately 1 reason, the roof cracks under extremely cold temps. It even happens in the US.
Old 04-30-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
thats definately 1 reason, the roof cracks under extremely cold temps. It even happens in the US.
same thing as a windshield though.
Old 04-30-2006
J-Dizzle

dirtysouthcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree tc w/ the supercharger option. TRD wheels. sick
Old 05-01-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by mandangalo
same thing as a windshield though.
hmmm..... didnt think about that..... I'm just saying this b/c thats what my cousin had told me since he's on the Scion boards a lot. From what he told me from what early tC owners have been saying is that Toyota never tested the roof in cold temps...... so..... ???
Old 05-01-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
TC is better. SI is better then that.
Old 05-01-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
hmmm..... didnt think about that..... I'm just saying this b/c thats what my cousin had told me since he's on the Scion boards a lot. From what he told me from what early tC owners have been saying is that Toyota never tested the roof in cold temps...... so..... ???
yeah. well, the thing with the tc's and the moonroof shattering was with the 05s only.

pretty much all cars for sale use tempered safety glass for all windows, so the tc's moonroof glass is essentially the same thing as the windshield, just the strength of the lamination was weaker. the issue is just with the 05's, the built in wind deflector that pops up when you open it, the lamination job on the glass wasn't strong enough to deal with the wind at highway speeds and/or temperature, so it just cracked (and shattered) in some cases.
Old 05-01-2006
Go Dodgers

NoMoreHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
honestly i would take the new si.. only cuz i test drove it and if u go to jacksonracing.com and look at their si with the supercharger.. 300hp.. and its a honda.. Go with the new si..