General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Racetrack Satellite Images

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Racetrack Satellite Images

Ferrari Fiorano F1 test track, Italy
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...11181,0.027122
The main part of Modena city is directly north of the track.

Nurburgring, Germany (centered on F1 track)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...54245&t=k&om=0

Circuit de Catalunya, Spain
http://maps.google.com/maps?&ll=41.5...40255&t=k&om=0

Pocono raceway
http://maps.google.com/?ll=41.053919...80509&t=h&om=1

I would like anyone who enjoys these to get more. I will add them to this post!

Last edited by diskreet; 05-15-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drive_fast_dail has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Well thats one way to get an acurate track map. Cool idea. i especially like the Nurburgring
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Heh....never thought about looking at race tracks from satallite images. Cool idea.
Old 04-24-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Yup. I may get all of the F1 tracks together one night
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Here's one of Autobahn CC in Joliet, IL. It's a private track for rich guys but they rent it out a lot.

http://www.autobahncountryclub.net/I...erialPrint.gif
Old 04-24-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
I'm always doing this in Google Earth... well, was. Don't use Earth much anymore.
By the way, when you give us those links, you just give us the center of the town, not the tracks in themselves. Lemme search those on Google Earth and load the .kmz here.

By the way, download Google Earth here if you don't have it yet.

Last edited by ramcosca; 04-24-2006 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I wonder if they took the sat images of Monaco during the race or during the time when it's just normal roads...*goes to find Monaco*
Old 04-24-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
google earth....best program to look at stuff like that
Old 04-24-2006

Originally Posted by ramcosca
I'm always doing this in Google Earth... well, was. Don't use Earth much anymore.
By the way, when you give us those links, you just give us the center of the town, not the tracks in themselves. Lemme search those on Google Earth and load the .kmz here.

By the way, download Google Earth here if you don't have it yet.

I just use Google maps since today or yesterday the whole Google map system was updated to contain the same maps as Google Earth.
And the links work fine for me.
Old 04-24-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
It's supposed to be using the same maps since Google bought Keyhole...

Google Earth > Google Maps. Why? Placemarks, faster browsing, faster zooming, rotation, three-dimensional views of the terrain, Google Community placemarks (great stuff, although sometimes there's so many placemarks you just can't really see ****... try NYC!!!).

Here's a couple of my quick finds:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterrey, CA (It's low-quality, but that's not really my fault. The maps haven't been uploaded correctly to Google's server...yet!)
Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka, Japan
Walt Disney World Speedway, Orlando, FL

And some bonuses and things that are not... official racetracks... but are still called tracks...
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, WDW, Orlando, FL (lol)
Test Track, EPCOT, Orlando, FL (lol)

Bonus placemarks:
Honda Manufacturing of Japan, Suzuka, Japan
And something I found called "What the hell is this?!". Can anyone tell what it is?

Last edited by ramcosca; 04-24-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

BassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to allBassKadett is a name known to all
very nice man! People who live near/ in Catalunya are so lucky! They get a road track and a rally all in their town!

Monaco looks like poo on Google. The sat images are stitched together right on the fvcking track!
Old 04-24-2006

All I can say is how absolutly incredible Modena and Maranello are. Italy is just amazing and from Google Maps I want to go there so much more now.
Old 04-24-2006
Words on a User Title

You love Italy by using Google Maps? Ha! Try using Google Earth to see all those surprising mountains. Try San Marino (not technically Italy, but it's still inside of the Italian peninsula). Following roads left to right, up and down and BAM! A small yet high mountain. WTF?
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
those are cool...thanks
Old 04-24-2006
Words on a User Title

I'll try to post more throughout the week. Why not make an official placemark thread, btw?
Old 05-15-2006

updated to include pocono raceway in PA