General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

SLD (speed limiter defencer)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinoyjdmr is an unknown quantity at this point
SLD (speed limiter defencer)

Hey wassup guys I bought a HKS SLD (speed limiter defencer) and got it hooked up and to tell you guys the truth it F@#k-n work like a charm. As you guys where flammen about you can't pass the goverment thing well I did and with this HKS SLD I had gone 144mph with my car with out fule cut off nor did the engine light come on during my run. This I would recomend it to the turbo guys out there cause the amount of boost you guys are running, For the N/A guys it would be good also if you upgrade your pistons, cam shaft, springs etc. It would work much better if you guys got the E-management for that it much easy to tune it but hey I would recomend this to everybody who need for speed but for me this is jus for a quicky race thing. Oh don't be flammen unless you tryed it heres where you can get it.
type-1 manual
type-2 automatic

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me...y_Code=HKS-EMS
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

Halfloaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you clarify if the car can rev higher than 6800RPM or just faster than 115MPH?
My car doesnt have a speed limiter but it does hit the Rev limiter at 6800RPM (125MPH ish).
Old 03-24-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
How many wires does this thing involve cutting/splicing/tapping? Can you take a pic of the install diagram?
Old 03-24-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
And you'd want to do 144mph in a Civic because...?
Old 03-24-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
hmm..interesting
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
he must have an auto civic otherwise this doesn't make sense cuz the manual has no "speed limiter" it has a rev limiter.

I think I already saw someone hit 142 in their civic (manual) when it was boosted and then they hit the rev limiter (7200 rpm)
Old 03-24-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Ive already hit 134 in mine with full exhaust and intake. It just takes awhile to get it there. I use a huge hill. 01 ex 5speed.
Old 03-24-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
it will only work for the speed gov. rev limiter is controlled by the sensor on the crank. you cannot change the signal from the sensor to raise the rev limiter becasue then you would never get the correct signal to tell what rpm your really at.
Old 03-25-2006
Registered!!

misterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nice
I was able to hit 127 mph, but after about 80mph it takes a long time just to get up there and it didn't look like it was gonna get any faster. 5spd ex manual by the way.
Old 03-25-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
AND
an em1 or es1 could theoretically go a little faster then an em2 or es2 because they're geared longer, correct?
If it IS the rev limiter that is keeping us limited...
And yeah....why would you want to go that fast?
Old 03-25-2006
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
his profile reads he has a k24... and he calls his car LX-R...
Old 03-25-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by swifty2k
AND
an em1 or es1 could theoretically go a little faster then an em2 or es2 because they're geared longer, correct?
If it IS the rev limiter that is keeping us limited...
And yeah....why would you want to go that fast?
I wonder if they are faster... Doesnt the es1 weigh a bit more than an em2. So stock for stock it'll take longer to go faster.

Why would you want to go fast you ask? Why would you want to sleep at night? Why do you Eat when your hungry?.. These are just parts of life. If you find yourself driving and never get the urge to speed then maybe... just maybe you should be in a Geo metro or a Chevette...