General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What do the Billionaires Drive??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
What do the Billionaires Drive??

Here is what I found on the Forbes web-site... http://www.forbesautos.com/advice/to...rtner=netscape.

What gets me is number 4, Ingvar Kamprad (the owner of IKEA). He is worth $23 Billion dollars and drives that. I understand not every wealthy person doesn't have to be all flashy but... something up to date.

What do ya'll think?

texascivic2k1
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

italy273 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would have thought that there would be better cars. They are like everyday cars. But I do work for a millionaire and he drives a Lincoln Continental. He says that he doesn't want to be noticed, but he as a few toys that he has to have fun with on the weekends.
Old 03-01-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
that is why we are not billionares. cause i know if i was i would have my countach, twin turbo LS6 69 camaro, a bad *** evo, and an M3 for daily driving.
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe Forbes should show their homes instead. Still, it's quite surprising that they don't own the most fanciest of cars.
Old 03-01-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jfan
Maybe Forbes should show their homes instead. Still, it's quite surprising that they don't own the most fanciest of cars.
Yeah... I would like to see some of there homes. I remember Bill Gates home being build years ago in some magazine.

Anyways... I guess I see not wanting to be publicized in the media like the actors do.

texascivic2k1
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
just b.c you got alot of money doesnt mean you have to drive a expensive car!
Old 03-01-2006
2005SE

Well proof that having lots o' money doesn't give you a sense of style! I'd have a few wild cars if I were that wealthy, but I'd keep some normal rides in the (HUGE) garage for daily driving, so I don't draw attention every time I go out.
Old 03-01-2006
The black russian

hexed is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol @ 1993 Volvo 240 GL that Ingvar Kamprad drives
Old 03-01-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by exturbo6
just b.c you got alot of money doesnt mean you have to drive a expensive car!
Originally Posted by texascivic2k1
I understand not every wealthy person doesn't have to be all flashy but... something up to date.
Like I said above^ I understand totally not being flashy but upgrade a little. Example: Owner of IKEA owns a 1993 Volvo wagon... Upgrade to a Nissan Altima / Honda Accord. Not unless that 93 Wagon is a collectors item.

texascivic2k1
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Damn Bill and Paul...they each own a 959.
Thats 2 out of about 400...
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Like I said above^ I understand totally not being flashy but upgrade a little. Example: Owner of IKEA owns a 1993 Volvo wagon... Upgrade to a Nissan Altima / Honda Accord. Not unless that 93 Wagon is a collectors item.

texascivic2k1
yeah i hear that!

i think id have a 93 talon, 98 civic, 05 evo.. lol
Old 03-01-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Lol!!!
Volvo Estate!!!!
Rofl!!!
Lmao!!!
Hahahahaha!!!
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

UrAverageCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
that's why they are billionaires. Because they know how to manage money and spend it wisely.
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
^ yup very true. they're probably not used to being spend thrifts on a daily basis. people that just know how to invest wisely and are very business minded/oriented. these are guys that probably get orgasms making huge trades on the stock exchange or something and read Financial Magazines like they're Maxim or Playboy.
Old 03-01-2006
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
you gotta understand, the value they have on their heads it not how much $$ they make n stuff, its the value of thier assets n such. Like bill gates, 46 billion is the value of everything he owns, not how much money they have in the bank. Who knows what kind of paycheck they get every month, i'm sure its a high amount, but its not like they can spend all 46billion of it to buy what they want.

I'm sure they can buy what they want if they wanted to, no doubt, but I highly doubt being frugal or thrifty made them into billionaires.

And they dont drive fancy cars cause they not interested in that stuff. Most of us are car fanatics so we expect ourselves to own fancy cars if we made alot of cash, but as you can see, most of those people chose function over fancy.

and as another member mentioned, "Show their homes", their houses are out of whack. Apparently that's what drives their fancy, and that's what they spent alot of their money on.
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Originally Posted by johnmao123
that's why they are billionaires. Because they know how to manage money and spend it wisely.
^yeah what he said...^
Old 03-01-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
if I had the money there are so many things I would have in my garages.. but some of those are crazy
Old 03-01-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Cars are bad investments. That's why these guys don't have their money wrapped up in cars. Lawrence Ellison probably has the most invested in his cars (I'm not counting the Newphew of King Abdullah) and that's maybe $300,000.
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

PitbullCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Ill tell you why most of them dont have fancy cars its because there billionaires they have airplanes and boats and houses. Why drive when you can fly. But most probably have more than just the cars listed too.
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted

Lawrence Ellison has 2 bentlys so thats like $300,000....at least

but this list really surprised me. WTF a Dogde Dakota Truck? I can almost see the Lincolns cuz those guys are really old and probably dont even drive them all they do is ride in back

I would have about 10 cars if I was a billionaire all pimped to the fullest with any mod that I wanted
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
they drive cars we dream of lol
Old 03-01-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
yea and when i was in santa barabra, Ca i heard some one on pacific coast highway(pch) got pulled over in a ferrari enzo doing 127
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
regarding the ikea dude, ppl in sweden dont drive nice cars, even political leaders take the bus to work. thats what they get for like 60%+ income tax. some of those cars are pretty normal cars, cuz i guess these ppl are pretty normal people. they probably got into their rich position by being a good steward of their money. and after they got rich, their habits did not change.
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

misterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nice
7. Jim Walton - One of his cars is a 2000 Integra!
Old 03-01-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Civicman1988
they drive cars we dream of lol
I don't dream about a Volvo Estate... I like them, but I don't want one!
Old 03-01-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
props to the IKEA owner for being so humble

lol @ Jim Walton ... I bet his 00 Integra is modded hahah
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

Civicccc will become famous soon enoughCivicccc will become famous soon enough
Yeah... I would like to see some of there homes. I remember Bill Gates home being build years ago in some magazine.

Anyways... I guess I see not wanting to be publicized in the media like the actors do.

texascivic2k1
You can go look for Alice Waltons house. I'm pretty sure she lives in Fort Worth.
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
shows money isn't everything; most of those guys only have like 20-30 years left in their lives, i bet they're not as happy with their money as you think
Old 03-01-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by Civicccc
You can go look for Alice Waltons house. I'm pretty sure she lives in Fort Worth.
That's right... Yeah she lives in Fort Worth (or on the outskirts of Ft. Worth). I think that is what I am going to do after work... go to her house and ask for some money.

texascivic2k1
Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
even so....dude i think once i got past the 40 billion dollar mark, i could stand to buy myself a ferrari or a gt-r or something. whats the point of having that much money and not spending a little?

Quick Reply: What do the Billionaires Drive??