General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

HONDA AMERICA IS B.S. (Always changing)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 1badasstsi
I'd be willing to say its a safe bet that your oil pump failed, not lubing a rod bearing, causing it to spin...then being spun you heard the knock and just trying to get the car home caused that cylinder to attempt to completely cease, and since the motor was still revving, the rod was the weakest link, snapped and then slapped the block hard enough to blow holes in it.
Yeah... thats what im rooting for, well see when i rip it down.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gearbox
i called corporate to complain, all they did was send me a free oil change wow. they said they can't make the dealer do anything. I thought the whole point of corporate was to make sure individual dealers behaved. So then i talk to dealer service manager, he laughs and says some idiot from corporate called me about it, he didn't know the difference between a tire and spark plug. should he? wtf. Then he said okay we'll have our dent guy fix the dent even tho in big letters on the paper it says "dent was already there". the service tech decides to believe his "best" mechanic and not me. And the mechanic made the dent then called the tech over to say oh it was already there. lying bastard. then why did they only report that one dent and not the other four around the car, even another 1 foot away from the one he marked! You know what tinman is right. the older mechanics get lazy and don't care anymore. Then the manager tries to tell me the mechanic would never do those things he's worked too long and always treats cars like his own. Haha i guess he leaves loose wires and doesn't put enough oil in his own car. what a retard. and you know I don't feel bad about what happened to me. I feel bad for the other people. If I didn't look under the hood afterwards (90% of people don't even know what anything under there is for), I would be towing the car back to the dealer for a new motor just like you.
LoL, should have got them to fix all the dents that werent done by them since they didnt write it down.
Old 02-13-2006

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
I'll make it a 100th post
Old 02-13-2006

Geez... now AAA wont tow my car to my house because its at Honda, and they say any repairs that need done can be done there...wtf im getting entirely fed up with people and there B.S. excuse's. Warranty but no go - AAA but wont tow - Nextel no service. Why do we pay for things that are of - for the most part - no good to us. Yet we still believe or are decieved into thinking that it's still a good idea.
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
^^That is BS, keep trying another company.
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

1badasstsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude you have CRAP for luck the past few weeks man. I hope things straighten out after we get that motor dropped in man. Your car should run good...did you think about investing in a brand spanking new oil pump or (does your motor even have balance shafts? ) a balance shaft eliminator kit for more oil pressure before we put it in your car? Was just a thought man, in the essence of preserving your motor this time so no more catastrophic failure before you can afford that swap you wanna do...
Old 02-13-2006
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
Damn honda
true that>
Old 02-13-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
pay for a tow truck and get it out of there. you'll still save alot not getting it done at honda.
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

1badasstsi is an unknown quantity at this point
The only tow truck he needs is the dually sitting in his driveway. lol
Old 02-13-2006
Like my dad used to say, Just bend over and take it like a man, son

J_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Slow Gold
Well i dunno how many of you know i blew my engine. Not thinking i towed it to honda and forgot to put the stock header and intake box on. Long story short they bent me over a table and stuck it in. Honda will fix nothing on your car once you have tampered with it. If your car is not the same as it was when it came off the showroom floor you get nothing. But in my shoes i bought the car used and basically as is (modded). so ive been calling the place that i baught it from and flippin out which did nothing. so now i am in the process of buying all the stuff i need from a member on this forum. Thanks to the 7th gen Forum, without it i'd be burning my civic by now. I'll have pics posted of my motor in about a week and a half.

7th gen forum

doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out honda won't back you up if u mod ur car ! and
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

Yet they do your maintanence.
Old 02-13-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well sure they will work on a modded car so long as they're getting paid.
Old 02-13-2006
Premium Member

ha nice. ya my old dealer in reno was cool too. they even sell performance parts and give out free washers and bolts sometimes. there's a huge plasma tv and aquarium and if you want breakfast get there early and i'm talkin donuts, danish, fruit, juice, muffins the works.
Old 02-13-2006
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
keep in mind the magnusson moss warranty act only applies to factory warranties. if you have the "extended warranty" (aka the honda extended service contract) they can void your warranty for any reason they want. it's absolutely useless. if you have a carbon fiber hood, they can void your extended warranty.
Old 02-13-2006
Premium Member

well i think thats only true for "hondacare" ext warranty. cause the aftermarket warranty basically means you take your car anywhere that accepts the warranty (almost any shop will), have them write up an estimate, call the company and get approval. 9/10 the shop will keep quiet about any mods you may have. why? because they want to get paid.
Old 02-13-2006

pay for a tow truck and get it out of there. you'll still save alot not getting it done at honda.
Aint that the truth.
Old 02-13-2006

Originally Posted by J_UNIT
doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out honda won't back you up if u mod ur car ! and
Im getting pretty sick of people writting that kind a nonsense. HEADERS AND INTAKE DONT BLOW ENGINES. And that is the only point i want to make
Old 02-13-2006

Originally Posted by DDragon7
Yet they do your maintanence.
Honda has NEVER done maintanence on my car...I do.
Old 02-13-2006

It seems i get the most posts when im at work for some reason. And the funny thing is AAA did tow it today after me and my dad went down there and pushed it into the street. As of 6 o clock today my car is at my garage and i have off tommorow. Im gonna go down tommorow and start on this project that way when i get back from my visit with Varner88 on saturday and can get the new heart in. Hope all goes well cause funds are running kinda low.
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Slow Gold
Honda has NEVER done maintanence on my car...I do.
I ment in general, Im sure if you brought it in for an oil change, they would do it.
Old 02-13-2006
Premium Member

post up if you need help or anything. i have a service manual if you don't.
Old 02-13-2006

Originally Posted by DDragon7
I ment in general, Im sure if you brought it in for an oil change, they would do it.
oops. Yeah all they care about are the $$$$$$$ and its sad.
Old 02-13-2006

post up if you need help or anything. i have a service manual if you don't.
Thanx gear Im sure i'll probly need a page or two scanned but well get to that when i need it. Any one have any tips to make this go as smooth as possible?
Old 02-13-2006
Premium Member

so you're swapping the engine right? i would say put tags on stuff cause you will very quickly lose track of what goes where. and try to write down important things to put back so you don't forget a vacuum line or something.
Old 02-13-2006

so you're swapping the engine right? i would say put tags on stuff cause you will very quickly lose track of what goes where. and try to write down important things to put back so you don't forget a vacuum line or something.
Ive basically got a checklist that i will probly use for once. And a big box of ziplocks and masking tape. Your right stuff will move around rather quickly.
Old 02-14-2006

Im gonna go start on this thing now.
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

sweetness dont forget to take out the battery
Old 02-14-2006

Originally Posted by varner88
what time are you coming saturday? jus so i kno cuz irockcivics is also coming sat to pick up the other hood.
I'll probly get there around 1
Old 02-14-2006

who's ready to see engine death
Old 02-14-2006

Before Death

After Death

Tell me headers and intake did that... BTW the piston is poking out the back... More pics to come...

Quick Reply: HONDA AMERICA IS B.S. (Always changing)