General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

HONDA AMERICA IS B.S. (Always changing)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stayinstock is an unknown quantity at this point
wow...that's a coincidence, both at 80k.

Well, I like my car too much to purposely try and damage it. To each their own, I suppose.
Old 02-11-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Stayinstock
wow...that's a coincidence, both at 80k.

Well, I like my car too much to purposely try and damage it. To each their own, I suppose.
The point im tryimng to make is i did not purposly do this. I drive my car the same as the rest of you. It just so happens everday abuse was to much for it.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

02blkhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
yes these civics i guess are not made for everyday abuse....now mine needs new motor mount which i just did break....damnit, but hey these cars are way more reliable than anything else i have owned...first car 97 crapalier(you can only imagine the probs i had with that car) and then 00 ****us zx3(went through an axel it seemed like once a week)...so i would much rather have a civic
Old 02-11-2006

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 02blkhonda
yes these civics i guess are not made for everyday abuse....now mine needs new motor mount which i just did break....damnit, but hey these cars are way more reliable than anything else i have owned...first car 97 crapalier(you can only imagine the probs i had with that car) and then 00 ****us zx3(went through an axel it seemed like once a week)...so i would much rather have a civic
It makes me happy to know that the problems with american cars casued you to buy jap. Although Ive had some oddball problems with this civic Im very pleased with it. Im going to go pick up basically a total swap on sat i can probly cut u a deal on the mount if you can wait till then.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

hell yeah thx, i just got off the phone with napa...the wanted $75 for just the one mount, and it wouldnt be here until wed....yeah just let me know when you get your new swap and we can work something out
Old 02-11-2006

im driving to jersey to meet Varner88 on the 18th hes hooking me up bigtime. So i wont have that ready to ship untill the 20th if u can wait that long. Also which mount is it so i can make sure hes got it?
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

yeah i guess i can wait that long...will hit hurt my car driving it like that until then????and it is the mount that is right beside the header..front/bottom/middle i can get a pic if you need one...i am bad at explaining things
Old 02-11-2006

its the front mount cool i'll ask him... As far as that hurting your car. i know its not good for it but i cant answer if its gonna damage the car in the meantime.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

ok well i will ask one of these guys on here....somebody will know something, just hit me back when you find out if he has one
Old 02-11-2006

im awaiting his answer now
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
sorry to here about that man. post pictures when you finish
Old 02-11-2006

Yeah iam having the car towed to my garage on monday so midweek ill have them i cant wait to post the damage. ill take it apart and pull out all the ugly parts and post them also.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

hey bro have you heard anything from the guy yet...yeah i cant wait to see some pics
Old 02-11-2006

yeah i just got word... he said hes unsure if its there becouse all the stuff is at his dads
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

oh ok, any idea when he can let you know???
Old 02-11-2006

Tell me if its the one in this pic
Old 02-11-2006

i dunno if thats the front or the back of the subframe from this angle
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

i cant tell if it is on there or not....it is the one that is below and to the left(your left) of the exhuast ports....maybe the pic is a little bit clearer or maybe you still have the pic on you camera
Old 02-11-2006

im pretty sure its in that pic. thats what im going to pickup in a week.
Old 02-11-2006

yeah i was looking at an engine pic of mine and that mount is the rear.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

so can you tell if it is there.....well i guess i could wait until you go and get it, just let me know if you can tell if it is there..thx
Old 02-11-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
um i wouldn't drive a car with a broken engine mount. you're only asking for more stuff to break. The engine moves around even with good mounts. i can't imagine what its doing now and might even break another mount. Do you know if the engine could fall out, lol?
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

thats not lol material, my engine falling out...i would be so pissed...but then if it happened to somebody else i would prolly laugh....so seriously you wouldnt drive it at all if the mount is broke, not even if i babied it
Old 02-11-2006

Food for thought i drove my acura integra after a shop (MODIFIED MOTORSPORTS) put a clutch in it and they never put the front engine mount back in. About 2 weeks later when i broke in the clutch i found out it was missing. When i went to the shop... You'll never believe what these people told me... they said "you dont even need the front mount". That was the last time i ever brought any of my cars to a shop. So the answer to your question... Will it hurt your car? If you keep the rpms low and drive conservativley no. If you drive it like you stole it, yeah it can get bad. Keep in mind the engine always moves pretty significantly even with all the mounts. If your only driving it till you get the new one you probly wont damage anything. just keep your foot off the floor.
Old 02-11-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
this is why those engine dampers actually work. cause even non-broken stock mounts aren't the greatest.
Old 02-11-2006

Originally Posted by gearbox
this is why those engine dampers actually work. cause even non-broken stock mounts aren't the greatest.
Yeah i always thought that would be a good investment. Ingalls makes them for our cars at a whooping 163.00. I'll wait till they come down to about half that before i buy one. Maybe not i guess if other people talked them up ALOT i could maybe bring myself to by it for that.
Old 02-12-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
a real engine should not break becuase you're at redline. hey thats why they put a rev limiter so you dont go OVER redline cause thats when damage occurs. now in a pos honda, ofcourse its different. Because even if the engine doesn't break, something else will. I think they gave it more hp than the rest of the car could handle as sad as that sounds. 90whp is just too much.
you know, you used to be smart about our cars. now your talkin like your full of ****. wtf
no seriously. im sick of hearing this. your car is ****ed up cause YOU FVCKED IT UP YOURSELF. and yet you still drive it, and experiment with it. pick a side and stick with it. either you hate it cause YOU fvcked it up or you like it cause it can handle all the **** YOU put it through.
Old 02-12-2006

I dont care if mine breaks 100 times. I dont care if the motors blow up every 100,000 miles I LOVE MY HONDA. and i dont think anything will change that. At least were not the trendy 240sx drivers that talk about swapping k20's for ten years and never do it. wanna know something funny aboot them. Even when there sr20 swapped they still top out at 110 untill you buy this thing from hks for like 1000. And im sick of these DSM posers that talk about how fast there cars are, and what can you expect from a vehicle thats hovering near 200hp stockand turbo. I like my honda because i like honda. Here's something ive learned on my conquest. IF YOU WANNA PLAY YOU GOTTA PAY. If it breaks fix it. And fix it with a part thats better then the one you take out or you may be in there again.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

^^yup...i think the civic is by far the best tuner car on the market..
Old 02-12-2006

Originally Posted by 02blkhonda
^^yup...i think the civic is by far the best tuner car on the market..
By far and it has nothing to do with everyone having one. Everyone has a Honda Because the kick a$$.

Quick Reply: HONDA AMERICA IS B.S. (Always changing)