General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Porsche Cayenne S?? UPDATE WITH PICS page 6

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006
that little dude
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
One of my uncles has a Cayenne S and a X5 3.0. I must say that, for the money, neither are what I would call "good deals". The X5 was about $45k, 3.0L I6 225hp, NO Nav, sunroof, leather, blah blah. The Acura MDX is a way better deal in this price point.
The Cayenne was nice, powerful, but again, pricey. $60k and NO Nav again. Its really hard to see where the money is in these cars, its sort of lame.
Why not a large sedan? Something like an A6 will be in the similar price point as the Cayenne, offer more features, and still have a lot of room for the occupants. New Lexus LS coming out soon, Acura RL was just redone, and as others have stated, Infiniti FX45 is a nice choice for an SUV.
In my opinion, seriously, keep looking.
Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by slick
One of my uncles has a Cayenne S and a X5 3.0. I must say that, for the money, neither are what I would call "good deals". The X5 was about $45k, 3.0L I6 225hp, NO Nav, sunroof, leather, blah blah. The Acura MDX is a way better deal in this price point.
The Cayenne was nice, powerful, but again, pricey. $60k and NO Nav again. Its really hard to see where the money is in these cars, its sort of lame.
Why not a large sedan? Something like an A6 will be in the similar price point as the Cayenne, offer more features, and still have a lot of room for the occupants. New Lexus LS coming out soon, Acura RL was just redone, and as others have stated, Infiniti FX45 is a nice choice for an SUV.
In my opinion, seriously, keep looking.
That deal of his doesn't sound bad at all, if looks are important in his business.
Old 02-04-2006
that little dude

slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
I didn't even read the deal, it is great, even though its used.
Old 02-04-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
if you want to stand out then get the infiniti. if you really wanna stand out get a Xb scion hahaha
Old 02-04-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
if you want style the FX is the way too go. sure the porsche is a porsche, but even a common car idiot would notice an FX's styling over a cayenne. The FX will last forever and is styled great
Old 02-04-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
if you care about gas any, its has the CVT to help
Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
My cousin bought one last year, he has the Turbo and he has not had any problems so far. Excellent quality, great feel, GREAT sound...
Old 02-05-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Hmmm thanks guys...I'm going to look at Infinitis tomorrow.

As far as Nav goes, the Cayenne that I looked at had it

And as far as the large sedan...well my Dad keeps trying to get me to buy this S500 at the Porsche dealer...I don't like it though
Old 02-05-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
speaking of Infiniti's, I saw an FX45 today and it had the factory 20's on it, but the rubber was G-Froce T/A KDW's. Damn thing looked like butter when it took that curve, no body roll at all heh.
Old 02-05-2006
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Sujak
51k is good, my family paid like....90k or something, but yea the prices did drop a little bit. BMW x5 is a nice car too.
My dad loves his FX35. I did get to drive it a few times, and to be honest, it feels like kinda sporty. Well ok... it feels more like a heavy-assed sedan with stiff suspension and high spring rates... It does hug corners very nicely, but no matter what you do to a 2.5 ton truck, it WILL remain a 2.5 (metric) ton truck!!!

No, I'm not quite fond of SUV-wannabe-sportscar models. At least the turbo cayenne(or air-ride equipped cayennes) is a real SUV since it can actually go off-road, unlike the X5 or the FX.

However, the infiniti does stand out in any parking lot, unlike the Cayenne. The FX with aftermarket wheels can be an honest-to-god jawdropper.

Confort-wise, the X5's seats are more confy than our sofas... They're of excellent quality. The X5 simply has the best interior of all three.

I am talking about the 4.4i X5, not the 3.0, which in my opinion is a joke.
Old 02-07-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Okay so after careful consideration of everything I may be a Porsche owner tomorrow morning if all goes well. I'm not guaranteeing anything since the dealer hasn't gotten the final approval yet, but as of right now all the numbers have been worked out.

I'd look like an *** telling you guys about the whole thing if they turn around and tell me I wasn't fully approved in the end, but hey we'll see in the morning.

Some of you guys may be upset when you find out which car I'm trading in
Old 02-07-2006

you will get good resale with the s2k. good 4 u
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nookiemonster
Okay so after careful consideration of everything I may be a Porsche owner tomorrow morning if all goes well. I'm not guaranteeing anything since the dealer hasn't gotten the final approval yet, but as of right now all the numbers have been worked out.

I'd look like an *** telling you guys about the whole thing if they turn around and tell me I wasn't fully approved in the end, but hey we'll see in the morning.

Some of you guys may be upset when you find out which car I'm trading in
If you got rid of the RX you'd have to change your custom title now wouldn't you? Man, it'd be tough to choose which car to trade in...
Old 02-07-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Which Cayenne is it? Cayenne S,Cayenne Turbo or Cayenne Turbo S..

You could get a BRAND NEW Grand Cherokee SRT8 and smoke all them Porsches' and nicer looking too.
Old 02-07-2006

Originally Posted by 04hemiboy
Which Cayenne is it? Cayenne S,Cayenne Turbo or Cayenne Turbo S..

You could get a BRAND NEW Grand Cherokee SRT8 and smoke all them Porsches' and nicer looking too.
right. and drive it to the dealership daily for fixin
Old 02-07-2006
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
...dont trade in ur s2000, jus give it to me
..hhmmm another member upgrading
Old 02-07-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Originally Posted by MajinB
right. and drive it to the dealership daily for fixin
Just like the Porsche right? If you knew half the **** you think you knew you'd be a genius.
Old 02-07-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Just like the Porsche right? If you knew half the **** you think you knew you'd be a genius.
Cherokee is not my style, my mom had one a few years back and it was horribly unreliable. I need something with alot of penache (sp?) plus the Porsche Cayenne is an SUV that drives like a sports car READ: handling...I'm very impressed with it.

I wish I had money for the turbo model. But if I had that much cash I wouldn't be looking at Cayennes. I'm looking at the S model. It does have every option available though. The only thing it doesn't have is factory 20's. It has 19's instead, but still upgraded wheels...

I've also read that the suv does better lap times than the boxster on several courses...how true it is, I don't know...

Last edited by nookiemonster; 02-08-2006 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2006
Premium Member

Cherokee is not my style, my mom had one a few years back and it was horribly unreliable. I need something with alot of penache (sp?) plus the Porsche Cayenne is an SUV that drives like a sports car READ: handling...I'm very impressed with it.

I wish I had money for the turbo model. But if I had that much cash I wouldn't be looking at Cayennes. I'm looking at the S model. It does have every option available though. The only thing it doesn't have is factory 20's. It has 19's instead, but still upgraded wheels...

I've also read that the suv does better lap times than the boxster on several courses...how true it is, I don't know...
WAY MORE STYLE THAN THE PORSCHE IMO
The NEW SRT8 JEEP is 420 HP,has 20's and outhandles the Porsche Cayenne TURBO models.The Jeep is around 13 second 1/4 miles,0-60 in 4.5 all for $45000.00 loaded.The other one I'd consider would be the Bimmer X5
Old 02-08-2006

porsche don't have junk bonds as stock
Old 02-08-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Tested the X5 today. Doesn't have the feel I like, and it's a little too plebian for me.

Nice Cherokee, but not my cup of tea. To the average onlooker, they're going to say hey nice souped up cherokee. I need a car that's going to truely impress clients. My average client has changed drastically in the past year, they are spending 500,000 or more, and I'm trying to get into the 1 mil average client.

In the end, these kinds of people aren't going to care how much power or whatnot the car has, but rather they're going to judge me based on how "successful looking" I am. Unfortunately, I have to get a real status symbol type of car in order to attract the client base I'm looking for.

Hey...at least it's all a tax deduction for me...
Old 02-08-2006

Hey...at least it's all a tax deduction for me...
what made you decide on NOT getting the infiniti?
Old 02-08-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

The infiniti was great, it really was, and it came in at a very very close second place for me. But I think you guys can tell from the cars I have that I place a heavy emphasis on driving characteristics. Nothing could really touch the Cayenne when it came to an SUV being sporty and an actual off road capable vehicle at the same time. The prices were so close that in the end, I'm only spending a little more on the Porsche than I would on the infiniti.

That infiniti was real hard to walk away from though...
Old 02-08-2006

so you gave up a new fx for a used cayenne? that IS a tough choice. still you made a good one
Old 02-08-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Haha you know what though? The salesman at Porsche is a friend of my dad's, and was telling me that the lady that traded in the Cayenne was the director of Law and Order. Google "fogle" I think was her last name. I guess she was always in NY and that's why she never drove it. He said she traded it in for the turbo version.
Old 02-08-2006

how many miles on it
Old 02-08-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

8000 since beginning of 04
Old 02-08-2006
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I'm considering it very heavily. I won't divulge into which car I'm considering trading, but you can probably guess.

I test drove the sucker today and that thing moves for an SUV. It handles almost as well as a sport sedan.
I've heard it'll take a boxter no problem but I'm not a fan of either really. They get knocked on hardcore by Porsche enthusiasts but they just don't want the company making SUV's and such.....good luck with your decision.
Old 02-08-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
damn, I just realized something, you should have polled your previous clients about what car(s) they have and what they think stand out too heh. would have gotten a better and more geographicaly-appropriate response. jmo
Old 02-08-2006
2005SE

WAY MORE STYLE THAN THE PORSCHE IMO
The NEW SRT8 JEEP is 420 HP,has 20's and outhandles the Porsche Cayenne TURBO models.The Jeep is around 13 second 1/4 miles,0-60 in 4.5 all for $45000.00 loaded.The other one I'd consider would be the Bimmer X5
HAHAHA! No one paid attention to your post because that thing is so DAMN UGLY! Who cares how fast it is? It's a freakin SUV for cryin' out loud. I nearly cried when I heard that Porsche was even making an SUV, it seemed like such a 'sell-out' move on their part, but hey, it looks pretty nice...UNLIKE that JEEP!

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne S?? UPDATE WITH PICS page 6